• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
And to complete our trade. I am drinking unfiltered rain water by the gallon just like @Rain611 told me too.

lol. I had Pulled Jack Fruit for dinner last night which was great. Jack Fruit pulls apart and tastes a lot like Pulled Pork except it is most likely a lot more healthy for you. It was unique. But I did enjoy it!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This time it wasn't me, but my roommate. And she made French Onion Soup. It was sooooo good!
original.jpg

And to complete our trade. I am drinking unfiltered rain water by the gallon just like @Rain611 told me too.

lol. I had Pulled Jack Fruit for dinner last night which was great. Jack Fruit pulls apart and tastes a lot like Pulled Pork except it is most likely a lot more healthy for you. It was unique. But I did enjoy it!
Idk what this Pulled Jack Fruit is...but it sound astonishing. I wanna try it!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have never heard of a Durian before, but after some Wiki searches, I have discovered that they are very similar in design and flavor, but come from unrelated trees. Interesting.

I don't mind eating vegan options from time to time. Especially Jack Fruit. It is unreal how good it is when made like pulled pork. But then again, anything slow roasted with BBQ sauce is going to be a delight. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have never heard of a Durian before, but after some Wiki searches, I have discovered that they are very similar in design and flavor, but come from unrelated trees. Interesting.

I don't mind eating vegan options from time to time. Especially Jack Fruit. It is unreal how good it is when made like pulled pork. But then again, anything slow roasted with BBQ sauce is going to be a delight. haha

I absolutely love BBQ and smoked, pulled meats. We're currently on the lookout for a BBQ joint that my husband can eat at as he is allergic to pepper.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I've never heard of someone being allergic to Pepper. That is unfortunate since it is used so regularly.

Aside from dairy in general, I can eat most things. I also eat a lot of dairy. I'm kind of the bad boy of the cooking world. haha.

Thinking about making Hunter Style Chicken and Broccoli tonight. But the grill is just begging to be used!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've never heard of someone being allergic to Pepper. That is unfortunate since it is used so regularly.

Aside from dairy in general, I can eat most things. I also eat a lot of dairy. I'm kind of the bad boy of the cooking world. haha.

Thinking about making Hunter Style Chicken and Broccoli tonight. But the grill is just begging to be used!

I can't eat a lot of things, or have to eat them very sparingly due to intolerances or health (ulcers and elevated bp) so can't or shouldn't have: fats, processed foods, especially those with lots of salt and sugar, dairy, gluten, tomatoes, coconut, corn starch, the list goes on lol.

Awebb

I had some frozen Pelmeni and some frozen spinach, so I cooked both in a bit of milk, added some cheese (Gouda or cheddar are both fine), some nutmeg, some pepper, a little bit of salt and just a hint of basil. Let it simmer until the sauce has a nice consistency.

Not the most healthy dish, but yummy.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Rain - I'd love to see your overall meals. What do you eat? Gruel? haha.

Awebb - Sounds delightful. Even though I shouldn't have a lot of dairy, I want some of that. haha. I have recently been getting cheese from a cheese shop in the neighboring town of New Paltz. This place has so many delicious cheeses that are advanced versions of like NORMAL cheeses. They have this aged Gouda (Not smoked) that is a phenomenon. It is dark orange, looks like quartz, and when you break it, you can see salt veins running through the cheese that crackle and crunch as you eat it. So good.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
@UniqTeas lol

So basically what I tend to stick to is very simple, healthy stuff. Granted we all splurge every once in a while on stupid stuff we shouldn't eat (for example I have a supplement I can take if I want to eat a sandwich and can't get a gluten free option at a restaurant or whatever but it's really expensive and I use it sparingly), but usually my days look something like this:

Breakfast
Oatmeal (gluten free) with a serving of fresh fruit for flavor, usually stawberries or blueberries. If I have anything to drink it will usually be water or tea.

If I need a switch from oatmeal I will eat usually scrambled eggs with some kind of veggie and some potatoes so I don't start losing a bunch of weight, which has been an issue in the past.

Lunch
This varies but usually a green salad with veggies and fruit mixed in for flavor (I don't really like salad dressing which is good since it usually has either a lot of fat or sugar if not both). I'll usually also eat some yogurt and fruit on the side.

Dinner
Dinner is where I will eat my one and only serving of meat and I feel that it is hard on my stomach in general and I feel more sluggish when I eat it. But anyway, it's usually some kind of oily fish so I get my healthy fats (like salmon) or shrimp with rice or potatoes and a steamed vegetable, usually broccoli.

I try to stay away from processed foods and have set myself a ground rules of eating foods with only one ingredient, which usually means it's safe for my diet as long as that one ingredient isn't salt, sugar, wheat/gluten or some kind of fat. I don't really like dairy foods so I buy frozen yogurt (the refrigerated and frozen yogurts are the only real exceptions to my diet so that I get probiotics and calcium in my diet) and I snack on the yogurt and fruit throughout the day and I usually drink only water when I'm thirsty.

I also don't eat until I'm full because fullness makes me uncomfortable and causes me anxiety since I never know about my ulcers. Also, I don't eat past 6 (5 preferably) because I can't lay down within 2 hours of eating or my ulcers will perforate which is a medical emergency.

Fun stuff.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a powerful diet you have. That literally sounds like something out of a Health Food magazine.

In the past year, I have been trying to have a better diet. But I do indeed eat too much even now. Because my blood pressure is chronically low, I need a lot of salt and to eat a lot throughout the day to feel awake and not feel dizzy. I don't notice it anymore. But my body is scheduled to eat like 5 times a day. Since quarantine, I have been supplementing the snack meals with healthy items like apples, pears, or yogurt. But I won't lie, if thereare any leftover foods (Mac n' cheese casserole, pizza have been two recent culprits), I will just have a second lunch. haha.

I made chicken parm last night for me and eggplant parm for Mrs. Wayne. It was great because I made each to our food specifications. I like my parm to be uber saucy and cheesy. She likes hers to be extra basily, and have her cheese crunchy baked on top. So, I managed to do it right for each of us and I have to say - totally worth it. It is my favorite dinner after all!

1995umk3

Honey BBQ sausages, farmer john weiners. I have to stay on the keto diet so i don't get diabetes. I heard about mike tyson curing his diabetes from avoiding carbs/sugar.

My weakness has to be pizza.... chuck e cheeses hands down.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Honey BBQ sausages, farmer john weiners. I have to stay on the keto diet so i don't get diabetes. I heard about mike tyson curing his diabetes from avoiding carbs/sugar.

My weakness has to be pizza.... chuck e cheeses hands down.

That's unfortunate, are you prediabetic?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is making me SO hungry to look at. Made Pancakes this morning and plan on grilling chicken tonight - but maybe Greek dinner will work its way in to my stomach this week too!

Top Bottom