• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What RE content do you watch the most on Youtube?

rashawnvalentine

I'm curious to know what the community mostly views on Youtube when it comes to Resident Evil. Do you go on there for walkthroughs, let's plays, to see old games you don't play anymore, high scores, to see other people's strategies or something else?

I used to use Youtube to watch the old RE games that didn't work for me anymore because I basically ruined the discs from overplaying them :ROFL: Now that I'm an adult and I repurchased those games, I go on there because I like to watch boss fights and melee moves from all the REs.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I used to like watching speedruns/speedrun strategy videos but I have to be honest, I haven't watched any Resident Evil related videos since RE8 trailer. Wasn't too impressed by it and since they're not remaking Code Veronica right now, I don't have any reason to search news videos.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have a mixed amount of RE content.

I really liked AvalancheReviews Retrospective on the games. Speed Runs are always fun. But mostly, I get stuck watching live Facebook playthroughs because I plan on just surfing through Facebook, and suddenly, there is someone in the middle of a RE3 original playthrough and I am like... Yeah, Ill finish my bathroom break to this.

What is missing from Youtube vids? Full detailed research about the evolution of enemies in the game. I just want to watch someone speak for an hour on the Tyrants and why each iteration was different and how they evolved in the games. It doesnt exist. I have to search weird REwiki pages to put it all together myself. Hunters, Lickers, Zombies, etc.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Honestly, I watch all sorts of Resident Evil related content. Nothing in particular, just stuff I find interesting at the time. I remember binging AvalancheReviews and The Sphere Hunter's Resident Evil review series when I was really sick one day and I've also seen TheGamingBritShow's Road to the Rocket Launcher series. I actually really enjoy watching people go in depth with games I love because I either find something new to appreciate about them or even develop a new perspective after considering certain points made.

I've also enjoyed various Resident Evil related videos from Super BunnyHop, Nerrel, and ScorePN. Mod videos are always fun to check out too, which I've been doing since Resident Evil 6 back when that FluffyQuack guy was just everywhere. The only time I'm really into watching speed run videos or streams is when I'm currently playing through one of the games, just so I can better memorize the order of things and pick up on certain strategies. Though I do sometimes put on a stream, playthrough, or speed run on boring quiet nights just to have some kind of noise in the background while I'm doing something else.

I don't know what it is about Resident Evil games, but I find them fun to watch when I'm not trying to play it myself since I've already beaten them so many times already. I remember SniperKatSix in particular being someone I'd catch streaming just because I was bored. I had some interesting conversations with her but then I quickly found her extremely irritating with how butthurt she would get when people would offer her some simple advice and she would overreact and angrily insist she knows what she's doing and that she's good at the game even though watching her play Resident Evil 4 and struggle for like 2 hours on Norman in Revelations was really cringey. She was so full of herself that she'd even say she knew more about Resident Evil than anyone else and now somehow she works at Capcom.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I usually watch what's being recommended, which is related to my searches in some capacity. Because of this I end up watching videos from some of the most popular RE YouTubers, which is Residence of Evil, Ink Ribbon, Sphere Hunter, and AvalancheReviews. Out of those four, I think Ink Ribbon and Sphere Hunter are the most interesting and likeable, with the best factual reporting. Residence of Evil seem to be resorting to rumors and fan-made content a bit too much for my taste, and AvalancheReviews is a biased RE2 fanboy who's never satisfied with anything unless it's RE2. I also lost some respect for AvalanceReviews after he presented false facts about the Silent Hill series.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I forgot about Sphere Hunter, Ink Ribbon, and ScorePN. All interesting in their own way. I just rewatched The Completionist episodes on RE again... maybe it is time to go back and relearn some lost data from these fine friends.

Mr.R

I usually watch what's being recommended, which is related to my searches in some capacity. Because of this I end up watching videos from some of the most popular RE YouTubers, which is Residence of Evil, Ink Ribbon, Sphere Hunter, and AvalancheReviews. Out of those four, I think Ink Ribbon and Sphere Hunter are the most interesting and likeable, with the best factual reporting. Residence of Evil seem to be resorting to rumors and fan-made content a bit too much for my taste, and AvalancheReviews is a biased RE2 fanboy who's never satisfied with anything unless it's RE2. I also lost some respect for AvalanceReviews after he presented false facts about the Silent Hill series.

I agree with you a lot on Avalanche Reviews. He has such a narrow concept of what Resident Evil is for him, and everyone else is obviously wrong, because he acts like he's the only one who truly knows what Survival horror is, as a concept and as a genre. I used to like his takes sometimes, but I also catch myself rolling my eyes so hard at some of the things he says that I get tired of watching him. I hate terms like "true survival horror", and "true resident evil", and that's something he does a lot. I also agree that Residence of Evil spends way too much time talking about rumours, but I discovered some very fun mods through his channel, like the Barry's mod for RE1, the Marvin mod for RE2 and the Ada mod for RE1, all very crafty and very fun.

I also watch Ink Ribbon's videos too. He seems like a pretty nice guy, very likeable and his content is always interesting. I also dig Sphere Hunter, even though I tend to disagree with a lot of her opinions, but the in depth work she does to make her videos are really commendable. We might disagree, but that's what opinions are for. She does a great job.

As for let's plays, I like to watch Gab Smolders (she used to go as Girlgamer Gab) playthoughs. She's an horror fan and, as a consequence, she played pretty much all of the RE's (some of them more than once on her channel) and she seems like a very likeable, easy going person. Also, she slayed playing Alien Isolation on the hardest difficulty...something I haven't done.....yet. hahahahaha!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I forgot about Gab. I started to follow her before her channel blew up, when she had only about 30,000 subscribers. She even replied to my comments back then and I had a slight crush before I found out about her bf, lol.

But yeah, she’s cool. I wouldn’t call her a RE Youtuber though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ink Ribbon, Sphere Hunter, and ScorePN are about it for me. And even then it's pretty sparing when I watch them. I usually use YouTube for podcasts or film reviews. That said, Sphere Hunter is probably my favorite of the bunch. Mostly because she puts a LOT of work into her video's, especially the script writing. But I'd be lying if another part of it wasn't just because she has, arguably, the sexiest voice I've ever heard on a YouTuber so...There's that.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Ink Ribbon, Sphere Hunter, and ScorePN are about it for me. And even then it's pretty sparing when I watch them. I usually use YouTube for podcasts or film reviews. That said, Sphere Hunter is probably my favorite of the bunch. Mostly because she puts a LOT of work into her video's, especially the script writing. But I'd be lying if another part of it wasn't just because she has, arguably, the sexiest voice I've ever heard on a YouTuber so...There's that.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Are you sure? I havent seen any information about her being a Trans person. If she is, then she has transitioned really well - but I cannot find any information about that.

Her voice is still very sexy either way.
I honestly thought it was obvious from the voice. She very clearly sounds like a man doing an overly feminine voice. She sounds so unnatural. But if you guys aren't convinced, just look up Sue Lightning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom