• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Forums

Jay
Jay
No its a bit different for Nintendo because they own Gamefreak and all rights to Pokemon. But Sony just can't say hey lets throw in Solid Snake, Cloud, or Chris without consulting their companies first. I hope they have a huge char roster of at least 30+.
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
Oh, I didn't realize Nintendo OWNED Gamefreak...And in a thing I watched about it, it said the roster was 26 characters, which if I remember right, is the same amount as SSBM..
Jay
Jay
Yeah they bought Gamefreak back in the early 90s. I hope that ain't true because 26 is nothing at all! Also I hope they have some good developers who know how fighting game mechanics work and that it can be played on a tournament level.
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
Well...Only 6 characters have been announced if I remember right...So that's still twenty characters left unannounced...Twenty is a lot of characters...For a first time around game that's a nice round roster...
Jay
Jay
Add in the fact they may release future dlc chars as well too. I wonder what Nintendo thinks about this. First sony copies there motion controller and now one of their best selling titles lol
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
Lol...Yup...Sony had nothing original...Except Jak and Daxter...
Jay
Jay
Sony has made several exclusives and get a lot from third parties. More than Microsoft and Nintendo combined probably. Even you being a bigger Nintendo fan gotta admit PS3 is where the exclusives be at. I just don't like them copying but its nothing wrong with taking an idea and putting your own twist on it I guess
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
I don't know...I mean...For me, exclusive wise, I still vote Nintendo...Yes, they have LESS...But they are BETTER...Mario, Zelda, Chronicles...
Jay
Jay
Hmm to each console fan their own lol. I could say a lot that could show you why Nintendo isn't as great as you think. I mean how many times are we going to save Peach or Zelda?
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
Well, you don't save Peach/Zelda in ALL of their games...But if Nintendo isn't so great, then why are they the only of the original game developers left standing...Years came and went, and Atari and Sega got washed up...Nintendo stayed, and is still fairly competing with Microsoft and Sony today...
Jay
Jay
I'ma break down why Nintendo isn't the greatest company. The saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" sums it up. Nintendo been practicing this business tactic their ENTIRE career. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Icarus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Pokemon, and the Smash series is their main line up. When it comes to NEW content Nintendo hasn't put out a new game series in years.
Jay
Jay
Unlike Sony who stays getting new content and gaming icons, Nintendo rehashes the same characters with the same story just with a slightly different plot. Which to me is just lazy and shows that they are not as "creative" as they claim to be. Yes they are in their own way, but you cannot deny the fact that what I said isn't true. Pokemon is the BEST example.
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
Sony may be putting out new stuff...But it isn't very great...I mean...God of War got boring after the second one, Ratchet and Clank is changing for the worse, Jak and Sly haven't seen action in forever, all of the Spyro's after PSone sucked...To be honest, Sony games haven't made a mark IMO on the current gen at all...I can't name a single one...That proves how much they stick out...
Jay
Jay
Sony may not have the best original content but its no arguing they get the most and the best third party exclusives. What it comes down to is do you enjoy getting multiple new games or do you enjoy the same games just with a different story. That's Sony and Nintendo for ya.
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
See, but what USED to be exclusive for Sony (DMC, RE, Spyro) are now for other systems as well...
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
So really, the good ones aren't even exclusives anymore...
Jay
Jay
True. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and some others are crossing over. Companies nowadays want full profit and the only way is to multi-plate. Sony still has a HUGE roster of games that's still exclusive or come to them first. Not that I don't love Nintendo's classics but they seriously need to start making more series.
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
God of War seems to be the only one who hasn't crossed over..And they just aren't any fun anymore...As for the Nintendo thing...I somewhat agree, somewhat disagree...I mean...Nintendo is sticking to what they know...And it STILL sells like hot cakes...Kids can relate to their parents because Mario is the same as it ever was..
KennedyKiller
KennedyKiller
.Plus, all these characters became icons in the 80's...How hard will it be for newcomers to get recognition in Nintendo if they already have to match the standards of Mario, Link, and Samus...You KNOW people are gonna be look for that...
Jay
Jay
Which God of Wars did you play? I'd still like to see them at least try a new series from scratch. Think of how cool that be. I know it would be hard to top their already high gaming icons but who knows they might.
Top Bottom