• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Best game since RE4? (Seriously Underrated)

Is Revelations 2 underrated?

• Yes

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Anguis

So I started playing RE: Revelations 2 today and I'm already finishing the third Chapter (I'm playing with Barry now) and, well, I'm speechless. The game is far better than anything I was expecting and deserves a LOT more recognition than it got. I mean, 75 on Metacritic? Come on, seriously? I know it's a good score but I think it at least deserves 83 or something among those lines, RE5 has 89 for god's sake. Here's the thing, I love RE5 and it seems I'm one of the only people that do, but Revelations 2 is a better Resident Evil in every single way (except maybe plot and writing). What do you guys think?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I agree that it's underrated. People just like to complain about things. I don't have a problem with anything about Claire in the game, and I think Barry looks better than ever in it. The plot is very intriguing, I love how it parallels the first RE.

meg5493

I think it's a fine game I strongly prefer the first game more but besides the fact that Claire's character took a massive hit the game was super enjoyable and I liked alot, exactly what I would expect from the Revelations team

Anguis

I think it's a fine game I strongly prefer the first game more but besides the fact that Claire's character took a massive hit the game was super enjoyable and I liked alot, exactly what I would expect from the Revelations team
But how can you prefer the first revelations? Like, looking at it from an objective perspective I honestly can't understand it. It has some of the most annoying characters in the series and Jill's parts are the only good moments (and you play quite a bit with Chris, Jackass (what a fitting name) and Parker (killing the same hunters over and over again). Revelations 2 is better in EVERY way and is horror ALL THE WAY while Revelations has stupid action moments every time it's starts to get good. Like, you'll be playing with Jill and it's amazing but suddenly you start playing with damn Jackass or Chris.

Reactions: Hel

meg5493

But how can you prefer the first revelations? Like, looking at it from an objective perspective I honestly can't understand it. It has some of the most annoying characters in the series and Jill's parts are the only good moments (and you play quite a bit with Chris, Jackass (what a fitting name) and Parker (killing the same hunters over and over again). Revelations 2 is better in EVERY way and is horror ALL THE WAY while Revelations has stupid action moments every time it's starts to get good. Like, you'll be playing with Jill and it's amazing but suddenly you start playing with damn Jackass or Chris.

Really? I thought Revelations 2 had way more action moments. Yeah Revelations towards the end excluding the final level went for more action, and I know Jackass and Parker are very much hated by alot of fans (i think they're fine) but the start of the game especially on hell mode or your first go is pretty tense and scary same with some of the bosses. The story was good I really enjoyed the twist at the end with Jessica. Revelations 2 dropped the ball when it came to the secondary cast aside from Moira,Natalia, and the Russian dude. Rev 1 had alot more characters to work on and a lot of the problems you've put for 1 also happen in 2 while I enjoy the story in 2 alot more 1 just resonated with me more. Both are good and I love them both, but at times 2 went t0o fast with some of its idea's and other times too slow

Airaku

Stray Jedi
How is the story and writing weak in Revelations 2? I'd debate it's the best Resident Evil in that aspect by a long shot. One of my favorite stories to be honest. My biggest complaint regarding the story is that a lot of the jokes are out of place. This story is far darker than most and Alex Wesker literally has no funny moments, so it breaks the pacing of her story, as well as Natalia's.

The story is also told through cutscenes, gameplay, visual, documents, and dialogue, There is far more story told in those ways than most people realise. It's rather sad, no wonder there is such a disparity between the fans regarding the story :/

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I think the game is definitely underated, the story line was good and the gameplay was great and actually SURVIVAL HORROR this time around. Also it had a ton of replay value thanks to the new expanded Raid mode which I spent hours upon hours in.

Anguis

Really? I thought Revelations 2 had way more action moments. Yeah Revelations towards the end excluding the final level went for more action, and I know Jackass and Parker are very much hated by alot of fans (i think they're fine) but the start of the game especially on hell mode or your first go is pretty tense and scary same with some of the bosses. The story was good I really enjoyed the twist at the end with Jessica. Revelations 2 dropped the ball when it came to the secondary cast aside from Moira,Natalia, and the Russian dude. Rev 1 had alot more characters to work on and a lot of the problems you've put for 1 also happen in 2 while I enjoy the story in 2 alot more 1 just resonated with me more. Both are good and I love them both, but at times 2 went t0o fast with some of its idea's and other times too slow

Revelations 2 puts you in a horror environment, Parker's and Chris' sections in the first game don't. Like I said, you play with Jill like 50% of the game, the other 50% just isn't very good at all. I still quite like the game, especially because of Raid Mode, but 2 is better in every single way. Also, while there are "more" characters in the first game, non of them are really that good with the exception of Jill, in 2 there's Claire, Natalia. Barry and Alex's mutated design is creepy as hell, I really enjoy it.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
the little girl and his daughter ruin the game like sheva clones.... besides them its a decent game

HELLBOY1980

I STILL PLAY RAID MODE EVERY NIGHT I HAVE HUNK AND Albert WESKER LVL 100

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
the little girl and his daughter ruin the game like sheva clones.... besides them its a decent game

...Natalia is basically the main main protagonist and Moira is really important to the story, it would make no sense otherwise. I don't see how they're "Sheva clones".

HELLBOY1980

...Natalia is basically the main main protagonist and Moira is really important to the story, it would make no sense otherwise. I don't see how they're "Sheva clones".
they dont really bring anything to the table

Airaku

Stray Jedi
they dont really bring anything to the table

Are you kidding me? Natalia is the main protagonist and the story really focuses on her. As well as Barry. Claire doesn't bring much to the table at all, other than fan service, and show Alex's goals. Which also focuses on Natalia. Moira is important to enforce Barry's story. Everything comes down to Alex and Natalia.

Unknown

I don't think it's underrated, Rev 2 is good, but it gets so tedious. The aiming is terrible as is the plot and Claire and Barry are straight out of left-field. And even as a single player game, Capcom just have to force a partner character don't they?

Rev 1 has a much better structure, but I still only enjoy Jill and Chris' sections.
RE4 and RE5 are far better games than all of them because unlike the Rev series, the main games are AAA high production value titles.

HELLBOY1980

I don't think it's underrated, Rev 2 is good, but it gets so tedious. The aiming is terrible as is the plot and Claire and Barry are straight out of left-field. And even as a single player game, Capcom just have to force a partner character don't they?

Rev 1 has a much better structure, but I still only enjoy Jill and Chris' sections.
RE4 and RE5 are far better games than all of them because unlike the Rev series, the main games are AAA high production value titles.
i agree 100%

Anguis

The aiming is terrible? o_O What? It's far better than in Revelations 1, and I've played Raid mode of both games back to back.

Anguis

I just find it very clunky compared to the other RE games.

I find Rev1 worse by far. I dunno, the sensitivity in that game is terrible. You can either aim very slowly or too fast (unless you play with mouse and keyboard), Rev2 on the other hand is much more flexible.

Top Bottom