• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

...Capcom supports S.O.P.A.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
This makes me mad. I've lost a lot of respect for them. Now, it'll be hard for us to meet people on the net who like Resident Evil. And if that doesn't happen, their sales could lower for a lot of different reasons.

KKAAIIG

Thing is Capcom needs Facebook, Youtube, Twitter etc.... to promote themselves and their games, if the bill goes to effect how will most people know about the latest songs, games, movies etc... :/

Then if any other gaming companies support the bill, they'll be shooting themselves in the butt...

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/01/16/sopa-why-it-could-destroy-ps3-gaming/
Wow, you're braking the law if you play music with your mic on.. now that's F***ed up! :/

Mod edit: Merged.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
If the bill is passed then everything on the internet will slowly die. Youtube will be first for sure...

I mean if u can't post stuff like game or music vids, then who is gonna want to use youtube?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
As were about 20 or more other sites. Seems to me that the bills are poorly formed with vague wording - the intentions are good but there are too many areas which could be exploited or abused and could mean the loss of services which are, for the most part, legitimate.

How would they govern this, anyway? Will there be groups of people dedicated to trawling the net and highlighting sites that need shutting down or is it automated or what?

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
So, I know what sopa is, but i've only just heard of pipa...

surely if sites are '.co.uk' then this bill has no say over those sites?

Top Bottom