• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chris or Jill Have you completed both??

1995umk3

I personally only beaten the game with Jill, I never got to finish chris but I did try it once and had to stop right away once I noticed he has less inventory space then jill (LIKE A WHOLE LOT LESS...)

I heard he can take more damage before he goes down though... but I also heard all the items are replaced in different areas as well and it will be like playing resident evil 1 (1996) for the first time again.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I always used to play as Jill but I can honestly tell you that the first time I finished the game as Chris, I felt this overwhelming sense of accomplishment!

Now I honestly have to say I probably prefer Chris's game. It always offers that slight challenge that makes a game you've played a thousand times just a bit more interesting.

D

Deleted member 21244

I finished the game whit both and I like both Jill and Chris scenario... Also I don't know why everyone say that Chris is harder, but I had personally died more frequently whit Jill because of the few healt she have, sometime she can only deal two hit from zombie, while Chris can take many hit, making the game easyer in my opinion...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have played as both and honestly you don't notice that much of a difference in game play aside from the story and characters.

The only reason I will say that Jill is easier is because the lock pick saves time AND the fact that she can carry 8 items meaning you can almost always carry the lighter and oil to burn zombie corpses. People always say "Chris ALWAYS has the lighter! Much easier to burn bodies!" - But Even with the lighter, that adds one extra slot. At best, he has 7 useful slots while Jill then has 9.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I personally only beaten the game with Jill, I never got to finish chris but I did try it once and had to stop right away once I noticed he has less inventory space then jill (LIKE A WHOLE LOT LESS...)

I heard he can take more damage before he goes down though... but I also heard all the items are replaced in different areas as well and it will be like playing resident evil 1 (1996) for the first time again.

I finished both campaigns, in the original game as well as the remake, and it's true that Chris has more health and less inventory space ("a whole lot less" is pushing it, but yeah, you'll definitely face more backtracking with him). Most of the important items are found in the same locations, it's just that some are exclusive to one character (like the bazooka to Jill), and some require different methods of obtaining depending on who you're playing as (for example, Jill can get the shotgun early by having Barry save her from the ceiling trap while Chris will have to look for the broken replacement no matter what, he also has to find small keys to open drawers that she has a lockpick for). So yeah, it won't be 100% the same, but not completely different either.

I don't know why everyone say that Chris is harder, but I had personally died more frequently whit Jill because of the few healt she have, sometime she can only deal two hit from zombie, while Chris can take many hit, making the game easyer in my opinion...

The remake balanced out the difficulty of the campaigns a little by adding the lighter as Chris's personal item (he didn't have it by default in the original RE1, but it wasn't so important because you didn't have to burn corpses), toning down the usefulness of Jill's lockpick (which back in 1996 could also open sword key doors, not just locked drawers), and giving Chris a unique self-defence item that outright kills zombies (Jill's taser can be lethal too, but it's not guaranteed). Still in both versions, Chris never gets his hands on the bazooka, leaving the shotgun as his primary weapon against bigger enemies, he has a smaller inventory, doesn't have Barry to save him from danger, and can't mix the V-JOLT by himself which actually allows Jill to completely skip the Plant 42 boss fight. These are some of the reasons people generally find Chris's campaign harder.

1995umk3

I think I kinda judged chris a little too early.. I mean I only played him for like half a minute and changed to jill once I saw how much inventory space he has. I will try chris someday definitely once I grown tired of the speech lines of Barry and Jill, that might take a long time though Idk

Jill sandwiches... well I completed both leon and claire so if i dont finish chris anytime soon I will be unworthy of being a R.E fan.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think I kinda judged chris a little too early.. I mean I only played him for like half a minute and changed to jill once I saw how much inventory space he has. I will try chris someday definitely once I grown tired of the speech lines of Barry and Jill, that might take a long time though Idk
Chris's campaign isn't that bad once you get past finding the gun, the inventory space and having to find all those tiny ass keys.

1995umk3

untitled.png

I just wen't and played as chris and finished it, I had trouble on low ammo.. got stuck for a long time on the v jolt mixing for plant 42 and just looked on youtube for the answers. TBH.. I like Jills more because of all these original lines with barry .. and it just seems more fun.

Fought the tyrant twice because of saving Jill, had 1 magnum bullet left on the second tyrant fight after hitting him couple times. It was enough to make Brad drop the rocket launcher lol

I actually see more Jill playthroughs on youtube anyway, but glad I finished chris for the first time.. did it for the fans because I thought the series was dead after RE4 (because I stopped following it)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

untitled.png

I just wen't and played as chris and finished it, I had trouble on low ammo.. got stuck for a long time on the v jolt mixing for plant 42 and just looked on youtube for the answers. TBH.. I like Jills more because of all these original lines with barry .. and it just seems more fun.

Fought the tyrant twice because of saving Jill, had 1 magnum bullet left on the second tyrant fight after hitting him couple times. Iit was enough to make Brad drop the rocket launcher lol

I actually see more Jill playthroughs on youtube anyway, but glad I finished chris for the first time.. did it for the fans because I thought the series was dead after RE4 (because I stopped following it)
After re 4 was more alive than ever actually, especially now

RedfieldFan

I've played both characters in both the original and it's remake. I would say that Jill is medium while Chris is hard.
Yes, it's true that Jill can't take as much damage as Chris, but she definitely has the easier playthrough. She has two extra item slots, the lockpick, the grenade launcher and can skip certain parts of the game, like getting the broken shotgun and making the V-jolt because she can be saved by Barry.

I like both scenarios, but Chris' is the best imo.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have done both. I did Chris' first and I can confirm it actually is much harder than Jill's due to the inventory space... especially if you don't know where to go a lot of the time and let Crimson Heads awaken and attack. That is what happens to me every time.

People will argue that it is not that big of a difference in the inventory using Chris due to the fact that he always has the lighter. But Jill can carry the oil, the lighter, and still has one extra inventory space PLUS she has the lock pick at all times. It does not even out - especially since you have multiple sections where you require multiple key items to progress.

I do like having Rebecca as a side character though. Both stories are just as good.

mert20004

I completed both multiple times in both games. I had more fun with chris' scenario than jill's. Regardless; ı enjoyed both scenarios.

1995umk3

I think Jill had a better story on this one for me.. I havn't re-played Chris again yet when I finally beat the game with him in 11/22/19

It was too hard and the story was okay I guess.

Top Bottom