• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dragon ball z

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I grew up when DBZ took over cartoon network i was absolutely infatuated by it, when i heard that there ppl out there who could actually project light and energy from their bodies i spent countless minutes trying to. Only to end up with a big headache and a couple of trees and my cousin laughing at me. Much to my dismay lied to me and i became so angered i kamahamahad his ass to the ground as he left weaping. (that was half true)

My favorite saga was the Cell saga the tournament was awesome

ps i still think i have my drawings i did a long time ago

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Bebe Vegeta is The **** but Trunks Future Version is the best.
baby3.jpg

Another Good Picture but it's normal Bebe
baby4.jpg

And An awesome one of Trunks
Future%20Trunks.JPG

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Has anyone else seen Dragonball Z Kai yet? I've been watching it and think its great. They cut out a lot of stuff to bring the series down from 276 episodes to like 70 I think. Its more focused on the main story. But I don't like that they changed Gohan's voice. Now he sounds more like Chi-Chi then Goku. And Goku has said damn in like every one of the first 7 episodes. And I love how he says it. Like, "Dayum!" lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm gonna be honest...im not so into Kai...i mean if nothing else is on then sure...but one thing i love about DBZ that no other anime like Naruto could do was make cool and fun filler arcs...i mean DBZ had awesome filler arcs, and Kai gets rid of those, taking away from a lot...its still a cool show...but its not what i grew up with...

Hoady

Is Kai unedited with japanese music or is it censored american one where like master roshi is not a perv and the fight scenes are dumbed down(the beautiful blood!).Because it just so happens they seem to bring out a new fricken updated Dragon Ball dvd every year because they can't get the boxsets or music to version right or something.

At least it kind of makes up for that dumbass Frieza "5 minutes and the planet will explode!!" *20 episodes later*.Apparently it was like that because they pretty much copied it directly out of the manga then just had to fill up like 10 episodes.

If you don't know the difference.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Is Kai unedited with japanese music or is it censored american one where like master roshi is not a perv and the fight scenes are dumbed down(the beautiful blood!).Because it just so happens they seem to bring out a new fricken updated Dragon Ball dvd every year because they can't get the boxsets or music to version right or something.

At least it kind of makes up for that dumbass Frieza "5 minutes and the planet will explode!!" *20 episodes later*.Apparently it was like that because they pretty much copied it directly out of the manga then just had to fill up like 10 episodes.

If you don't know the difference.

lol yea i remember saying to myself "This is the longest 5 minutes in the history of time" i wish that line was taken out. The only one i'm loyal to is the one where goku doesnt sound like a 5 year-old and it shows HELL instead of HIFL....and BLOOOOOOD I could be wrong but i believe i heard cursing in the ones that i saw..but i dont remember

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
DBZ was the ultimate anime back in the day! Vegeta FTW all the way! Kai is a huge disappointment. The series is cut down to 100 episodes, censored, Roshi isn't a perv he's just weird now, new voice acting and the animation is a little beefed up.

My favorite part out of the entire series is when Vegeta is powering up and firing Final Flash! UUGH! The best 9 minutes of DBZ ever lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Na i think the best moment in DBZ history was totally when cell crushed Android #16's head and it seriously ****ed Gohan off, allowing him to ascend to SS2...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dude i've been looking into it too...but they are SO expensive...the cheapest i've found is used, on sale, the cell saga $30...i was so upset that i didnt have the money because it SO wouldve been mine...

Hoady

Buu spoilers!I reckon the best 'area' of dragon ball z starts when Gohan confronts Super Buu and ends when vegito gets absorbed by Buu.I love how Gohan is kicking his ass, then Buu absorbs piccolo and gotenks then just traumtizes him mentally and beats him brutally for 2 episodes.

Oh and Goku before Super Sayian at Frieza is amazing.

lol yea i remember saying to myself "This is the longest 5 minutes in the history of time" i wish that line was taken out. The only one i'm loyal to is the one where goku doesnt sound like a 5 year-old and it shows HELL instead of HIFL....and BLOOOOOOD I could be wrong but i believe i heard cursing in the ones that i saw..but i dont remember

Yeah Blood!I mean i don't see the point in downplaying a violent show, it takes alot out of it, i mean taking out Krillins brutal horning by frieza is really just a disgrace.And swearing...its kind of weird how they don't swear you know(i dont recall any atm), when something really messed up as happened(which is constantly) they just go "curses!!" or "Damn you!!Killing my friends like that!".Imagine if we didn't have swear words and how situations would be solved lol.

*Gets a glass bottle thrown at my head* CURSE YOU EVIL MAN!!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Buu spoilers!I reckon the best 'area' of dragon ball z starts when Gohan confronts Super Buu and ends when vegito gets absorbed by Buu.I love how Gohan is kicking his ass, then Buu absorbs piccolo and gotenks then just traumtizes him mentally and beats him brutally for 2 episodes.

Oh and Goku before Super Sayian at Frieza is amazing.

Yeah Blood!I mean i don't see the point in downplaying a violent show, it takes alot out of it, i mean taking out Krillins brutal horning by frieza is really just a disgrace.And swearing...its kind of weird how they don't swear you know(i dont recall any atm), when something really messed up as happened(which is constantly) they just go "curses!!" or "Damn you!!Killing my friends like that!".Imagine if we didn't have swear words and how situations would be solved lol.

*Gets a glass bottle thrown at my head* CURSE YOU EVIL MAN!!!

Like a said...Kai is lame...its just as bad as Naruto Shippuden on Disney Chanel...i don't get why theyd buy the rights to the show, a show that already has a huge fanbase, and destroy it by taking out what those same fans love...i.e. the cursing and violence...its just not an action anime without that stuff...i swear if one day i turn on Nick Jr. and find an edited Full Metal Alchemist I'll shoot people in the feet with paintball guns...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Like a said...Kai is lame...its just as bad as Naruto Shippuden on Disney Chanel...i don't get why theyd buy the rights to the show, a show that already has a huge fanbase, and destroy it by taking out what those same fans love...i.e. the cursing and violence...its just not an action anime without that stuff...i swear if one day i turn on Nick Jr. and find an edited Full Metal Alchemist I'll shoot people in the feet with paintball guns...

Actually KAI is only heavily edited on Nicktoons. If you watch the DVD or Blu Ray they have the swear words and the blood (although for KAI they did change the color of all the red blood) Actually KAI is really good. They redubbed the entire series because they removed a lot of the boring episode filler. The Frieza saga ended after about 60 episodes of KAI rather than 90 episodes of the original anime. Anyways the result was a more action packed, story driven anime. If you watch the unedited version all you really have to get used to is Gohan's new girly ass voice.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Actually KAI is only heavily edited on Nicktoons. If you watch the DVD or Blu Ray they have the swear words and the blood (although for KAI they did change the color of all the red blood) Actually KAI is really good. They redubbed the entire series because they removed a lot of the boring episode filler. The Frieza saga ended after about 60 episodes of KAI rather than 90 episodes of the original anime. Anyways the result was a more action packed, story driven anime. If you watch the unedited version all you really have to get used to is Gohan's new girly ass voice.

Ya, but one thing i always though DBZ did really well was it didn't have LAME fillers...they were actually interesting...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Ya, but one thing i always though DBZ did really well was it didn't have LAME fillers...they were actually interesting...

I actually thought most of the filler was pretty boring. I don't care to see Chi-Chi bitching out Goku and Gohan and I deffinately don't care to see Goku and Piccolo try to get their driver's license. Missing Roshi perv out is not that much of a loss to me.

And besides, the trade off is well worth it. Every line was redubbed to make the story closer to the original manga (and of course to account for the lost filler). And they did an excellent job. When you first hear Frieza's new voice you'll be like, "WTF?" but his lines are so much more badass and what you'd expect from someone who has spent his life ruling the universe. You won't really notice the changes made when the VA's are the same as before, but they are there and they make the series better. Like Vegeta's speech to Goku before Frieza kills him. You will actually feel for him as the VA added a few sobs here and there. And when Frieza kills Krillin his line is changed from "HELP ME!" in the original, to "GOKUU- *BOOM*" in KAI. That was the first time I really felt sad for Krillin in that scene.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I actually thought most of the filler was pretty boring. I don't care to see Chi-Chi bitching out Goku and Gohan and I deffinately don't care to see Goku and Piccolo try to get their driver's license. Missing Roshi perv out is not that much of a loss to me.

And besides, the trade off is well worth it. Every line was redubbed to make the story closer to the original manga (and of course to account for the lost filler). And they did an excellent job. When you first hear Frieza's new voice you'll be like, "WTF?" but his lines are so much more badass and what you'd expect from someone who has spent his life ruling the universe. You won't really notice the changes made when the VA's are the same as before, but they are there and they make the series better. Like Vegeta's speech to Goku before Frieza kills him. You will actually feel for him as the VA added a few sobs here and there. And when Frieza kills Krillin his line is changed from "HELP ME!" in the original, to "GOKUU- *BOOM*" in KAI. That was the first time I really felt sad for Krillin in that scene.

Haha...don't get me wrong...it has its lame fillers...all anime do, and i havnt checked out the uncenssored Kai so...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Haha...don't get me wrong...it has its lame fillers...all anime do, and i havnt checked out the uncenssored Kai so...

You should check it out if you get the chance, maybe find some place to rent a couple volumes. The first volume has the color of the blood changed but I think they stopped doing that afterwards cause volume two does have red blood. Be warned though that volume one ends right in the middle of the Goku/Vegeta fight. I haven't got any volumes past that yet, but I know from the episode numbers that volume 4 ends in the middle of the Goku/Frieza fight. That stuff is kind of annoying but still, you can get through the series much faster since the Frieza saga ends after only about 50 episodes, rather than ending after about 90 in the original. To say KAI is more action packed and story driven is an understatement. As I said before, the dialouge is much better in KAI.

Top Bottom