• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Game Console?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Clearly we're all gamers here. How does one happen upon a Resident Evil discussion site if you aren't one? Which is what got me thinking...What is your favorite console? Why?

Me Personally, I go with the Sega Dreamcast. I was on the younger side when I played a Dreamcast, but it wasn't my first. By that time, I'd already played a SNES, NES, Play Station, and Genesis. Street Fighter II, Super Mario Bros, X:Men Children of the Atom, Spy vs. Spy, you name it. 2D gaming wasn't a mystery to me at all. And the king of all of 'em, was Sonic the Hedgehog 3. 3D gaming was...newer to me, having only really played Spyro and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Then one day, my granny (Who yes, is also a gamer) brought home a new system she'd bought for herself, because it had a new Sonic game. I can go on an on about the Dreamcast. The nostalgia of gaming with my granny, the VMU memory card in the controller being fun to look at, how great the button layout felt with it being my first time experiencing a control stick, the collection of games I spent MUCH time on such as Sonic Adventure (My favorite game to this day), Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The graphics were like nothing I'd ever seen before. I mean, yeah, I'd played a little 3D games, but comparing the way Spyro looked to Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers, was nothing. I still play the Dreamcast to this day, and think it's games, be it for nostalgia or just being that good, have more replayability than just about anything else I've ever touched. Hell, I even got my first JRPG experience on a Dreamcast, with a game called Evolution, before I even knew what a JRPG was. I just played it because the art style looked similar to Digimon.

What about you guys? What's your favorite system? Old or new. Portable or Stationary. Whatever it may be!

Wesker90

PS2 (2002-2007)

Loved that console and the last Sony hardware I owned, Played countless good games on it never mind the obscenely awesome RE4 lol, But yeah I miss my old PS2 it got damaged by 07 so had to get rid of it unfortunately.

Xbox One (2017-Current)

Well I'm a Microsoft guy now and it never let me down one bit, Love Gears of War as it's exclusive and generally prefer the Xbox One graphics on some games compared to PS4 such as WWE 2K, Resident Evil etc, I got the white slim version since i wanted that type for a while so I'm pleased with it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Playstation 2, there were so many game that I played, and every of them were legendary game, I think that the current and previous generation doesn't have the same quantities and quality of games

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
PS2 definitely. I played so many great games for years on end with it. I was still playing my PS2 up until about 5 years ago when I got my PS4.

Anytime I think of some of my favorite series, I can look back to a time when I was playing the best of the series on PS2 (also functioning as a PS1 occasionally:

-Resident Evil
-Final Fantasy
-Silent Hill
-Star Ocean
-Suikoden
-Jak and Daxter
-etc.

D

Deleted member 21244

PS2 definitely. I played so many great games for years on end with it. I was still playing my PS2 up until about 5 years ago when I got my PS4.

Anytime I think of some of my favorite series, I can look back to a time when I was playing the best of the series on PS2 (also functioning as a PS1 occasionally:

-Resident Evil
-Final Fantasy
-Silent Hill
-Star Ocean
-Suikoden
-Jak and Daxter
-etc.
Ps2 era was the best
Just think about this game make me nostalgic...
Also i played:
The prince of persia trilogy
Metal gear 2 and 3
God of war
Ico
Shadow of the colossus
And many many other

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Gamecube is my pick.

So many franchises that I loved to play back then.

Metroid
F-Zero
Star Fox
Mario
Zelda
Pikmin
AC
Paper Mario

Had almost Nintendo's entire history that era. And seeing as several of them are now in purgatory, that will always remain my favorite era.

Then other games such as Sonic and I suppose my very first exposure to RE was during that era.
It still remains the only era that I can look back positively on and I'll never forget it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Gamecube is my pick.

So many franchises that I loved to play back then.

Metroid
F-Zero
Star Fox
Mario
Zelda
Pikmin
AC
Paper Mario

Had almost Nintendo's entire history that era. And seeing as several of them are now in purgatory, that will always remain my favorite era.

Then other games such as Sonic and I suppose my very first exposure to RE was during that era.
It still remains the only era that I can look back positively on and I'll never forget it.
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say Gamecube lol

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say Gamecube lol

Gamecube is a lot better retrospectively if you ask me.

Not really the case for me, but I can imagine industry standards was always a problem Nintendo struggled to follow so I can imagine their offerings sometimes didn't deliver to the wants of people at the time. Or in this case, grew up with.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Gamecube had the best offerings that Nintendo ever created.

Mario Kart was best on Gamecube.
Smash was best on Gamecube.
RE4/REmake/RE0 were released on Gamecube.

They have made better games on newer Nintendo consoles, but the consoles all became too quirky to enjoy as much as the Gamecube.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
KennedyKiller is right! I liked your post without even thinking about it.

Tony Hawk series was always a Playstation Classic even if it did appear on other consoles.
That's like saying you loved playing Gears of War on your microwave!

Ann_39

I going to go with PS2. We got ours in 2004, and at that time I was bed-ridden and couldn't do anything because I was going through a condition. Well my parents gave me a PS2 to try and get me to do something since I couldn't socialize or anything. Anyway, it very therapeutic and it helped me to heal. I remember various PS2 games.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Whoa whoa whoa...When it comes to Tony Hawk PSone all the way my dude
I know, but I never owned a PSOne so I never got to experience that, except for a few times over at a friends house. For me, it was all about Pro Skater 3, 4, and Underground. And according to my friend who played the classics on PSOne more than me, 3 is easily the best in the entire series.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
This is actually a tough one for me - I'm kinda torn between nostalgia and what I actually enjoy now. I know when I go back to older games, they look and play badly because such was the technology at the time, but even so the PSOne and Sega Genesis are favourites. Crash Bandicoot was my first ever taste of a 3D game on a console and it blew my mind...the Genesis, I've already talked about in another thread.

I still have a lot of love for the Xbox 360 and still occasionally play on it now, although most of our games are emulated.

I know it's not a console but I will always adore the Apple Macintosh - best machine in the 80's, imo. IBM could swivel.

All time >PS2< A mega ton of great games, many still holds up greatly today. Every kind of genre is covered with excellent quality.
My most played game on the console is Resident Evil Outbreak! Got the Japanese versions to keep playing this amazing game online.

But I do love my other consoles.. the 'strangest' one I really like is the Atari Jaguar.. it's totally underrated and have gotten an insane ammount of hate for in my opinion no real good reason ! ! :D

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
It'd have to be between PS1 & PS2. There were so many great games on both it's tough to choose. A lot of my favourite series started out on PS1 like Resi, Tomb Raider, Tekken and Crash Bandicoot. But then PS2 had God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, SoTC and Final Fantasy X!

The good thing is all of the classics are available on PS4 :smile:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
blivvy - exactly!

I picked the PS2 since I could play all of the PS1 and PS2 games I loved at the time. PS4 is giving me a lot of great experiences, but I would love to be able to play all of the old games as well AND have trophy support added.

Top Bottom