• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fighting Game Mains

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hey all,

I thought this topic might be something that we could all be relatively in to. I want to know in the main fighting games (and even alternate types of fighting games) - who do you pick? Who do you succeed with?

I will go through my list with you:

Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero (In every installment, he is my main, but I like to play with all of the roster)
Street Fighter - Ryu
Smash Bros - Link, Diddy Kong, Pikachu (Haven't played Ultimate)
Overwatch - Reaper, Roadhog, Orisa
Soul Calibur - Any game with Kilik, I am deadly with him

I am sure I can think of more as we discuss - I haven't played enough Tekken in my life to have a main character. haha

1995umk3

UMK3 - Human Smoke (The combos are just.. worth you're time to invest in)

Mortal Kombat 2 - Johnny Cage (He has a shoryuken move just like ryu and ken in the sf series)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - JILL VALENTINE, Ryu, Ken (Since you have to pick 3 in this game)

Killer Instict 2 - Jago (He can do a move where say for instance he loses all his life, then he comes back as a ghost but with minimal health. This is his spirit move and hes the only one in the game that can do it. So why wouldn't you pick him??)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Ryu (This fighting game is hands down the hardest and most frustrating game to learn... although im still n00b at this game but its fun nonetheless)

I played many more fighting games but lost interest in them as I never got to where I wan't to be in them in terms of skill level. I spent most of my childhood playing UMK3 at the arcade at this one liquor store and at a beach around me, I have more gaming memories of that game.

Off-topic but.. I was also learning to skateboard during this point

I'm okay at that particular game and sometimes play it online.. but the players from out of state who play it are out of this world.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Im going a little out of the box for this one. I don't play a lot of fighting games because I tend to be obscenely bad at them. But...

Fighter's Destiny - I would either play as Valerie with her front heel flips that basically stun lock your opponent or I would play as Leon because if you can nail his counters you instantly win.

I did fiddle around with one of the older Soul Calibur games and I would play as Link because I've been a fan of the Zelda franchise since I was introduced in 1996.

I suck at Mortal Combat so I don't really play it and I was tempted to list Twisted Metal but I think that's not the kind of fighting your asking for. And then I thought to myself, Exactly what genre is Twisted Metal?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Twisted Metal is its own genre, but I don't see why we shouldn't discuss that as well!

When I played the old Twisted Metals, I was always Hammerhead and Warthog. I could never survive a match with less defensive cars.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I liked Darkside, he was the one I used first. Then I learned how to unlock Minion and the rest was history lol.

1995umk3

TM2 is probably the best one & I like this track especially @ 1:28 secs, I played TM2 alot back then in 2 player mode. TM3 & 4 too, but I never got into TM1 and its also the first one lol. The last recent release of TM I played was twisted metal black, and that one was brutal.. I mean the intro for the characters and the endings and stuff.

They have some recent releases on the newer systems out there (playstations xbox's) and it looks promising, but I stopped following the TM news a long time ago.

Warthog was my main, I think it was most peoples mains when they first played TM.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Alright! This is a thread I can get down on seeing as fighting games are my second favorite after Survival Horror!
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Wesker/Dante/Akuma as a team of 3
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Jill/Venom/Spider-Man as a team of 3
  • Dragon Ball FigtherZ - Adult Gohan/Android 18/Super Saiyan Goku as a team of 3
  • Smash Bros - Ike, Mario, or Ganondorf. Occasionally Lucario, R.O.B. and Joker
  • Street Fighter II - Ken
  • Street Fighter IV - Ken, Guy, or Cody
  • Soul Calibur II - Kilik, Rapheal, or Link
  • Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax - Mitsuru, Akihiku, or Aigis
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom - Iceman
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Jacky Bryant, Rig, Hayate
  • Virtua Fighter 3 - Jacky Bryant, Lion Rafale, Shun Di
And that's about it for the list of fighters that I love and play endlessly XD

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I don't really play fighting games as much anymore. On MK I used Scorpion & Sub Zero mostly. Tekken I liked using Bryan Fury & Hworang.

Mr.R

That's a nice one, altough It's hard for me to choose just one main. Let's see...

Street Fighter series: Ryu (all), Cammy (all), Vega (Sf4), Rose (Alpha series & SF4),
Marvel Vs Capcom Crossovers (until MVC2): Cyclops, Ryu, Psylocke
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite: Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Venom
Darkstalkers series: Morrigan, Jon Talbain
The King of Fighters series: Kyo, Andy, Takuma, Leona, Geese (in the few kof's he's in)
Fatal Fury series: Andy, Geese, Rock & B.Jennet (Mark of the Wolves)
Soul Calibur series: Raphael, Siegfried, Sophitia
Mortal Kombat series: Johnny Cage, Jade
Injustice: Green Lantern, Green Arrow

Wesker90

MK1-Sub Zero
MK2-Sub Zero
UMK3-Sektor
MK9-Noob Saibot
MK vs DC universe-Joker
Street Fighter 2-Vega
Tekken 3-Yoshimitsu
DBZ Tenkaichi 2-Bardock/Turles
DBZ Raging Blast 2-Cooler
Ninja Storm 3-Itachi

Outside of those I don't really play fighting games that much anymore.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In all of the classic DBZ Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games, I like to play as all of the characters. I have always had a soft spot for Gohan ever since the end of the Cell saga, so I try to stick with him. But villains are so much fun to play with as well! Same with the Naruto Ninja Storm games although I tend to play with Naruto.

And I almost forgot...

Bloody Roar 2 - Yugo the Wolf, Jenny the Bat, and Byakuru the Mole
MKX - Sub-Zero and I had a growing fondness for using the combos of Takeda Takahashi

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In all of the classic DBZ Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games, I like to play as all of the characters. I have always had a soft spot for Gohan ever since the end of the Cell saga, so I try to stick with him. But villains are so much fun to play with as well! Same with the Naruto Ninja Storm games although I tend to play with Naruto.

And I almost forgot...

Bloody Roar 2 - Yugo the Wolf, Jenny the Bat, and Byakuru the Mole
MKX - Sub-Zero and I had a growing fondness for using the combos of Takeda Takahashi
To be fair, in the Budokai games, most characters play relatively the same. The transformations and ki attacks are different, but MOST inputs are the same. So it's really just character preference based on style over substance at that point. That said, Budokai 3 I always went Broly, Bardock, Goku, Krillin, and occasionally Trunks.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don't play that many fighting games, but when I do I tend to pick the female characters because I prefer using fast and quick attacks.

Tekken: Ling Xiaoyu and Asuka Kazama, although I like King

Soul Calibur: Cassandra Alexandra

Street Fighter: Juri

Top Bottom