• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) First "A" Rank EVER!

1995umk3

I never cared about finish times/ranks in all resident evil games, I just wanted to know where to go throughout the whole entire game. Today somehow I got a "A" rank on resident evil 2 on 1st scenario claire (yea i know its easy, but keep in mind i never go for ranks, I had re2 on my old sony playstation system in the 90s and i never got this grade)

I think it's because I registered to this site, I care a little bit more now about the RE series. Kool to see people still play the series.. hope to see the fan base grow bigger.

Screenshot:

A-Grade-Claire.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is beautiful. B Rank is the best I have ever done in this game, but there is always the future!

1995umk3

I really wish I didn't get that "A" rank tbh, now I feel like I must get A's in the rest of the resident evil series.

I only take one game serious, and thats Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 by midway games.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
UMK3 is probably still among the best in the series. It had the best cast in my opinion. The newer games aren't adding as many good characters. They like reusing the same ones over and over.

And yes, you MUST get an A in all RE games now. And prove it. haha

1995umk3

0021.png

I tried Leon B and the same thing happned, got an A without trying. Once you can get A rank on Resident Evil 3 second is such a breeze.

RE3 is really hard to get A rank though lol I have to REALLY try hard.. I don't use any infinite weapons or autoaim either. Hard mode is the way to go in RE3.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes. Honestly, RE3 has one of the hardest sections in the entire game. There is that scenario where you are being chased by Nemesis on your way to the train car - then you get dropped in to the sewer section by the Grave Digger - and THEN you have to fight Nemesis on the train car which IMO is the hardest Nemesis battle due to the closeness of the area.

But RE2 does have its moments. Conrats again UMK!

1995umk3

RE3 has more requirements to get A and well I died somany times because of that. I still don't care about the ranking system in the RE series though beause to me it makes it less fun, I wan't to go on my own pace and use what items I wan't.

Ty.. I got a bad grade on RE4 many many years ago lol that game is brutal! My finish time I believe on that one was 50+ hours with load of saves and losing.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Not to worry. Now that you know the game and how to play - you can easily get a high rank this time through (if you do it). RE4 has the longest single campaign in the series, so it could take some time. But I think it is one of the easier titles once you know what's going on. haha

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well - if you have a Playstation - All of the Resident Evil games are on sale for Halloween!

Resident Evil Origins Collection is 15.99 right now which is a 60% discount. Definitely worth it! The updated versions of RE0 and REmake look amazing. And both games are priceless!

1995umk3

I have a ps3 but I mostly use it for movies.. i got re1 & 2 on psn one time but it doesn't show right on this lcd screen, the games look better on the ePSXe emulator lol.

Top Bottom