• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Has anyone else had mouse aim stutter, and were you able to fix it?

Frag Maniac

I have to wonder if it's a graphics setting or two, mouse polling rate, or whatever, that might be exacerbating what appears to be poorly optimized mouse aim support in this game. I ask this because despite many saying they have the same problem, one person recently, whom says he is very sensitive to such things, doesn't have a problem with it at all in this game.

So, if anyone else has had this problem with the game, and was able to somehow fix or minimize it, can you please tell me how?

Thank you

Ikawaru

I am on PC but currently using a controller. When I did use the mouse and keyboard upon release I never had any problems with it. The only noticeable difference I've experienced between the mouse and the controller was that I had a much easier time sustaining fire on target with automatic weapons with the mouse. For controller, magnums seemed to produce better results. All this was on VOS with fully upgraded equipment, naturally.

Frag Maniac

Well, then you're now the 2nd person that has told me you had no problems using mouse.

I just changed my Nvidia Profile for the game to Preferred max performance on Power management mode, and Ultra on Low Latency Mode, to see if it helps. I will probably try a 500 mouse polling rate too just to see if 1000 was causing any problems.

Ikawaru

Yeah the game is not properly as optimized as it should have been on PC, even the beefiest cards ran into some FPS troubles especially in the castle area, so I made sure to scale the settings down and get a solid 100+ fps.

Also, I have mouse that is very high DPI so I may be at an advantage there. I can very much imagine average run-of-the-mill PC's having problems with 'Village', which is strange because both RE2R and RE3R don't seem as glitchy for some reason. Had a real high esteem for REngine until this came out...

Frag Maniac

Yeah the game is not properly as optimized as it should have been on PC, even the beefiest cards ran into some FPS troubles especially in the castle area, so I made sure to scale the settings down and get a solid 100+ fps.

Also, I have mouse that is very high DPI so I may be at an advantage there. I can very much imagine average run-of-the-mill PC's having problems with 'Village', which is strange because both RE2R and RE3R don't seem as glitchy for some reason. Had a real high esteem for REngine until this came out...
Well, your 100+ FPS comment prompted me to do some more graphics settings adjustments and testing. First I tried actually raising Texture Quality and Texture Filtering Quality settings from 2GB and 4, to 3GB and 16. The result was, the aiming was no worse. So that made me think it was not my spec, but the FPS. I then turned off Vsync, and suddenly my FPS jumped to well over 100. In my testing the most it dipped to was 80, but that was in a non combat area.

So far I've only tested on the first part of Factory, where you're just shooting Haulers and Soldats, and the only misses I've had were due to unexpected enemy movement, or just bad aim on my part. So it looks like this may have fixed the problem. I don't know why I had Vsync on, as with it off, I see no screen tear. I'm trying to remember whether it was due to seeing horizontal tear in the Village foliage while moving forward, as is the case with some games, but don't recall.

Partly due to better strategy when shooting Soldats, but also I think due to higher FPS, I'm spending less sniper rounds now.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Yeah rule of thumb: NEVER turn on v-sync. Ever.
Well, honestly, I only typically do when there's enough screen tear to be annoying, and having it on often doesn't cause such performance issues. This game is poorly ported though, and I can see why those with super high refresh displays would think otherwise about turning Vsync on. I mean doing so would obviously negate the purpose of having a high refresh display.

Eventually I plan on getting a 120Hz OLED display, and a GPU capable of 4K, but prices on both are still too high, and I have no incentive to since there's no 4K TV broadcasts yet. After COVID happened, no telling how long that will take.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Yeah rule of thumb: NEVER turn on v-sync. Ever.

I think I remember now why I had Vsync on in the first place. With it off, some cutscenes show a sharp horizontal tear when there's bright light and shadow, but honestly, there's not enough moments in the game like that to warrant leaving it on, especially since it's so horribly unoptimized and causes aim hitching.

Last edited:
Top Bottom