• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 HELP!! Strategies for 6-3 (Gatling Gun Majinis and Reapers)?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
My friend and I are getting frustrated with the part with the two Reapers and two Gatling Gun Majinis because we have little ammo left from the fight against Uroboros Excella. We have some shotgun shells (probs about 10), machine gun ammo (about 40) and handgun ammo (about 10) as well as a fair few rounds of Grenade Launcher ammo (about 12 Flash Rounds) but we're getting killed a lot, mainly by the Reapers... HELP!! We're close to breaking the disc!!

We're on co-op, normal mode for the PS3.

FireSlay

if u have money u can buy for Grenade Launcher Ammo ( EXP )
or after the reapers u can go and use a Gatling gun some where on the left and kill the Gatling Gun Majinis

O(+>

The mounted Gatling gun on the left is the easiest way to beat thw JJ's, they cant hit you up there at all

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
go back to the marshlands level and get 3 rocketlaunchers, lure both reapers together, shoot, and shoot the MG manji when the arive, and have sheva shoot wesker in the weak spot in the final fight [when seperated]

We Are Ninja

^ Exellent advice. If you're dangerously low on ammo, go back and replay some of the easier missions and harvest some ammo. You can pick up three rocket launchers in as many minutes If you go out and pick one up in the marshlands, quit, save and restart. Otherwise, replay mission 1-1 a few times and stock up on pistol/shotgun/rifle ammo.

A fully upgraded M3 will make short work of a reaper if you can keep your composure. A fully upgraded Magnum will make even shorter work of one (or two if they're lined up)if your aim is spot on.

Machine gun majini are tough, but headshots will put them down faster. The machine gun turret on the level will put them down the fastest, though, and provide a good amount of cover.

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
then buy 2 Rocket launchers
that can take out the reapers and Gateling gun majini.s
1 for you and one for youre partner then use them to take them out

Gateling Gun majini.s :
stand (when the blast doors opening right after the pole wher eu can hide if the Gateling Gun majini.s come out and they come to eachother blast them if its good u should killed them both in one shot

Reapers: aim for the white spot inder their face it might help and keep walking to points where they can't catch you
or trap you

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
also for the gatling gun, a few snipes to the face with a fully upgraded bolt action rifle, gets you the chance to do backhand and Haymaker [for chris] these do a ton of damage, you can do this till they die, sheva only gets Spinning Back Kick

Mr Sunshine

Hahaha! I passed that part today! In fact I've been playing this chapter all day! Ohhh I feel you..

Anyway you have to kill the reapers before the gatling boys arive. By the time you press the buttons make an 180 turn and go for the first reaper. Use your sniper rifle and your magnum(when he gets closer) to hit him in his weak spots, which are the bubbles in his chest and his back. Then go for the other, who will be easier since you'll be able to surround him.

No go down the stairs to your left side(the side with the stationary gun) and wait for the gate to open. The gutling majini will follow you when they arrive. Fall back(through the flooded corridors) and make a circle. Jump to the next area and make sure that the gutling majinis are after you. Run to the stationary gun and aim for the gutling majinis. They should be coming from the opposite side of the stationary gun. You have a clear view now. Try shooting them in the head and when they get stunned aim for the other one show they don't hit you. Take a look at your gun also as it might overheat. You partner can take care of the rest enemies.

I've made a quick sketch for you! :lol:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.<==============
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
x . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
===============

Oh and there's some ammo for the g. launcher if you go up the stairs in the reapers room as well as f.aid sprays.

Drake Sykes Hellion

Hmm, on my first playthrough against these bugs, me and my partner were both ready to deal with these giant insects. My partner took out the first easily with a Shotgun point blank to the center of the chest as it lunged in for the 'hug of death'.

That got it down for good. please note this is the Etheca shotgun, the first one you get. the second followed the same fate.

by the times the doors opened, I was waiting for the gunners with my fully upgraded sixshot magnum, a few shots they were both down.

It was simply, simply have the heavy hitter who carried the magnum and sniper rifle. and then the close combat who carries the shotgun and Machine gun. breeze.

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
I agree with everyone here, or like people higher up on the thread said, just replay levels like 1-1, or the marshlands to get ammo/rocketlaunchers/money.
:lol:

Wesker_xSTARSx

Well, there is a gatling gun turrent passed where the two gatling gun Majini show up, if you can use a flash grenade to stun them and make a break for it, you might be able to kill them with it. That, or turn on infinite ammo and fire a rocket at their ass.

bc74

2 methods my partner and i used:

1. after klling the reapers with grenade launchers ad proximity mines,
one of you ges into one of the rooms at the top and stands behnd the
door. one of the big guys will get stuck in the doorway so your
partner can run around and take care ofthe other one, then unload
on the one in the doorway, with launcher or sniper to the head.

2. where the gatlin gun guys come out, run down to one side downstairs
and climb a ladder to a mounted gatling gun. unload on any and all
enimies, even if they jump up onhe platform with you.

3. as previosly posted, use the basic machine un on the reapers first,
then take care of the big guys with the mounted gun on top ofth stairs

Hoady

This part made me hate the game, i did it on easy and those reapers kept killing me one hit its called easy for a reason!But now i find as long as your patient with the reapers there fairly simple to take down i just stand far back and wait for the thing in the middle to open up and pop with the magnum or rifle, its usually dead in one hit if not a few more pistol rounds on the side things kills it.

As for the Gatling Gun men the first time i used a rocket launcher second time around i got pretty lucky, i hid up in one of the top rooms(above the entrance they come out) and put proximity bombs all along the catwalk.When they busted in i scrounged up all the magnum rounds i had collected overtime and just unleashed madness.Although me and Sheva(AI) kept on getting hit in the face we kept resuscitating and healing each, the gatling guy frequently shows off after hitting you in the face by wildly shooting in the air so that can give you time to heal.When hes down you punch him outside of the door and wait for it to close to reload.xD

I did this is on veteran and must've gone on a good minute,i can't say its a legit tactic though the room gets pretty cramped lol.

Hoady

Yeah i don't plan on tackling it without someone whos at least 6 times better then me.I reckon i will make do in the first 2 chapters but after that seriously?Get out of town.

Top Bottom