• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Marvin comes back in a B scenario

Masterteo89_

Hi all,
do you remember this guy named Marvin?
The nice policeman that point a gun at you while asking you to go find the other survivors? The same man that locked the door behind you? Never made sense...

Well, after i don't know how many gameplay (many! I play RE2 from when it was published for the PSX) i played RE2 on the pc, on hard difficulty.

With ClaireA on Hard, i did not kill him because i had to save ammo. And i never spared the life of this guy on a A scenario...
Well, now i was playing LeonB and what did i found? Instead of the usual 5-6 zombies in this room, i founded 3 zombies + our dear friend.

Probably you already knew this, but for me it's a pleasant discovery. It shows one more time how A and B scenario are linked by your choices. Good to know, so if you spare him in the A scenario you will find him in the B scenario.

Well, i have to test this more : first of all, i have to try and spare him in a LeonA scenario, to see if i will find him in the ClaireB scenario. Also, i have to see if this happens only on hard or if this happens also on normal easy.

Last Words : on hard, sparing him is a good strategy. Because in the B scenario in this room you will find only 3 zombies + him instead of 5-6 zombies. And as you know, on hard zombies can take a lot of bullets before dropping dead. Instead, if you spare him you only have to kill 3 zombies and them lure him around the room while you grab the items.

It's funny, if you exit and enter again in the room, he is in the same office corner of when he became a zombie in the A scenario. Forever waiting for you.. ?

Top Bottom