• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Most boring out of all old-school RE games?

Mr Sunshine

I started playing this game a week ago for the first time and I'm somewhat frustrated. The graphics are superb but most of the time I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through catacombs and facilities. The extra information about wesker and birkin is cool and the story of Marcus is ok, but there is not any character that interacts directly with the player. Edward died as soon as the game started and the only thing i got this far is a call from Enrico (I reached the cable car a few days a go and i haven't played ever since). I was hoping there would be a little more presence from the rest BRAVO team members but they didn't even hire voice actors for them (Hell, even cheesy ones would do xD). Does anyone get the same feeling?

I'm going to finish the game sooner or later not because I'm terribly excited but because it's the only old-school game I haven't played.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I disagree...I found this one incredible. In fact, if you've played REmake, I'd consider the ORIGINAL RE the most boring. I think the characters were great. Especially Rebecca. RE1 and REmake made her out to be kind of a wuss...This proved otherwise. The Leaches were fantastic and Frightening new enemy. As were the new bug type infected. While in my opinion it was too easy, or too short, it was REally good. Better thant he original version of RE1 and, quite possibly, better than CODE: Veronica...

Mr Sunshine

While in my opinion it was too easy, or too short, it was REally good. Better thant he original version of RE1 and, quite possibly, better than CODE: Veronica...

Easy? On what difficulty? My first playthrough is on hard and i have to say it's ummm.. hard to say the least! I have to set the AI to idle if i want to stay with any ammo left, which means the second character is practically a meat shield. But poor Rebecca is not even a meat shield. Two times bitten and her status switches to danger! Not to mention you have to keep both healthy.

I also think it's quite long. But that maybe has to do with the fact I've died so many times. lol

The leeches are indeed scary as **** though

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I started playing this game a week ago for the first time and I'm somewhat frustrated. The graphics are superb but most of the time I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly through catacombs and facilities. The extra information about wesker and birkin is cool and the story of Marcus is ok, but there is not any character that interacts directly with the player. Edward died as soon as the game started and the only thing i got this far is a call from Enrico (I reached the cable car a few days a go and i haven't played ever since). I was hoping there would be a little more presence from the rest BRAVO team members but they didn't even hire voice actors for them (Hell, even cheesy ones would do xD). Does anyone get the same feeling?

I'm going to finish the game sooner or later not because I'm terribly excited but because it's the only old-school game I haven't played.
I had the same response to the game you did, Fallen. Apart from the scenes with Birkin, there wasn't a single thing I liked about the game. For me, this game turned me off of Resident Evil for a number of years until I decided to try RE 4 about a year and a half after it was released. It just seemed really... redundant.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I had the same response to the game you did, Fallen. Apart from the scenes with Birkin, there wasn't a single thing I liked about the game. For me, this game turned me off of Resident Evil for a number of years until I decided to try RE 4 about a year and a half after it was released. It just seemed really... redundant.
It's kind of funny because my response to the game was also very similar. I had gone out and purchased a Game Cube just to play this and the REmake, and I had purchased RE0 first... Didn't even make it off the train, I was so bored with it and the game play. I ended up returning the entire GC and moving on from the RE series entirely. About two years later though I got to play a little bit of both REmake and RE4 at a friend's house and was hooked all over again.

I eventually did play through RE0 since I still had it from before (I bought another GC for REmake), once I made it off the train the pacing of the game picked up and I found some enjoyment playing through it. It's still my least favorite game in the series though, as I can't even find the urge to play through it at least once more.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wow...Seems like I'm the odd duck here. Not that that's not normal from my every day life. I will agree with you on one thing bSTAR...The train was unbearably slow. I really WAS like you guys during that whole fiasco. However, AFTER the train is where the game gets really interesting.

Mr Sunshine

Wow...Seems like I'm the odd duck here. Not that that's not normal from my every day life. I will agree with you on one thing bSTAR...The train was unbearably slow. I really WAS like you guys during that whole fiasco. However, AFTER the train is where the game gets really interesting.

Nah.. It's just that Story hasn't noticed this thread yet. Just wait for her to come here and have a nerdgasm all over Rebecca.

Last edited:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
-Murders you all with my mind-

I'll never understand why people hate her so much. Especially after playing Zero, but that's just me. She's pretty much like Sherry Birkin in RE6. Anyway... this is one of my favorites (Next to Code Veronica.) It was a beautiful game, and so was REmake.

-sniffles- If you guys keep complaining about her she'll never return to the series! And I wanna see her come back! Come on... she ain't that bad. Pretty sure Magnolia doesn't hate her as much as she hates Helena so that's saying something, eh? Magnolia where are you.... YOU LOVE BILLY AND THIS GAME COME IN HERE.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
on topic of characters we dont like does anybody else not like carlos because i feel im the only one in the boat here

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well it appears as though I have been summoned. (Though I'm sure you're not going to like summoning me once I'm finished, Story.)

While my love for Billy is immense and if he returned to the series my ovaries would explode - granted he'd have to have good writers and that sexy voice from Zero...hell it'd have to be non-Capcom media for ovary explosion to commence - but I gotta say my dislike for Rebecca has me shying away from Zero more than I'd like. Billy sorta carried the game for me.

And Rebecca is not Sherry Birkin. Sherry was occasionally helpful and at least proved to be entertaining with her little smart mouth.
But you're right about one thing: I definitely don't hate her as much as I hate Helena...I don't even think I hate Sheva as much as I hate Helena.

So there it is. Told you you'd hate summoning me once this was all over. :p

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
-Cries in the corner- Everyone has turned on me! -flails- Eh, everyone is entitled to hate whom they choose. If it wasn't for Becky faking Billy's death we all know he'd be someone's bitch in prison though so... just remember that! ;)

Mr Sunshine

-Cries in the corner- Everyone has turned on me! -flails- Eh, everyone is entitled to hate whom they choose. If it wasn't for Becky faking Billy's death we all know he'd be someone's bitch in prison though so... just remember that! ;)

haha, don't worry story, you know what they say. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! Here's a picture to cheer you up:

rebecca_chambers_sexy_nurse_by_antocullen.jpg

Top Bottom