• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Paul Haddad (voice of Leon in the original) reportedly passes away

~Excella~

Premium
This has come up on a few sites and on his Facebook, on a post he made Feb 14 with his go fund me for surgery, people who apparently know him and spoke to him recently are giving condolences. He was dealing with stage 3 throat cancer, which he overcame, but, he also had a neurological issue and was asking in February to for go fund me donations for his third surgery, which ended up being put off because of COVID19. It’s yet to be confirmed by any actual family, but, sad, if true. RIP :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

So sad about this news
His voice was so beautiful, it was perfect for the young leon
His last project was daymare 1998, grateful to hear his voice again one last time

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
His voice is so iconic.

When I played RE2 the first time when I was like 11, I didn't know that the B scenario changed the game for you. So, I just played Leon A over and over again. Then, like a year later - a friend told me that I never finished the game because I never played the B scenario. Well, I was used to Leon, so I decided to save his playthrough for the B scenario since it was supposedly harder. And I am glad I did. His weapon cache is WAY better than Claires.

I will never forget how proud I was for beating that B scenario for the first time (especially since Mr. X killed me probably like 18 times before I did)... and then I saw the REAL ending and I heard Leon say, "It's up to us to take out Umbrella." And then one of my top 5 RE songs plays after it.

Paul's voice will be the iconic moment I remember about finally beating that game. RIP to a legend.

D

Deleted member 21244

His death It's been unfortunately confirmed, i was hoping until last
Really sad

1995umk3

He was perfect for RE2... LEON B is still rated 10/10 till this day and age.

His voice is a classic for RE2.. I will miss his style in the series.

RE won't be the same without him.

Top Bottom