• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) PSA: MR. X will not follow you in the police station anymore if you go to the basement with the two electrical boxes then back up.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Okay, I have to take back everything I and others said about what triggers Mister X in the B scenario. It's neither the S.T.A.R.S. office nor a specific item in it, it's the corridor itself (where you first encounter a licker in the A scenario). When you approach the corner leading to the linen room and the unicorn statue, Mister X will come around this corner, whether you entered the S.T.A.R.S. office before or not.

But the thing is, you don't actually have to go there yet. The linen room is locked anyway, and the unicorn statue room can also be accessed through the library. The next time I play a B scenario, I'll get what I need from the S.T.A.R.S. office and return the way I came, just to see if Mister X shows up at all before I return from the basement.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Okay, I have to take back everything I and others said about what triggers Mister X in the B scenario. It's neither the S.T.A.R.S. office nor a specific item in it, it's the corridor itself (where you first encounter a licker in the A scenario). When you approach the corner leading to the linen room and the unicorn statue, Mister X will come around this corner, whether you entered the S.T.A.R.S. office before or not.

But the thing is, you don't actually have to go there yet. The linen room is locked anyway, and the unicorn statue room can also be accessed through the library. The next time I play a B scenario, I'll get what I need from the S.T.A.R.S. office and return the way I came, just to see if Mister X shows up at all before I return from the basement.
He still shows up anyway if I'm not mistaken. I think it's the corridor that triggers him.

Jimbeamjunior

He still shows up anyway if I'm not mistaken. I think it's the corridor that triggers him.

When i done claires 2nd game it was the battery that triggered him, essentially i got all the weapons etc and left the battery till last, i even went to the library through the stars corridor and he didn't show

SentryUnit

Resident evil 2 remake should have given us smoke grenades it would have been perfect to escape from Mr X

I would also like to plant traps to slow it down.

Top Bottom