• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) PSA: MR. X will not follow you in the police station anymore if you go to the basement with the two electrical boxes then back up.

tom3217

I read somewhere this worked and tried it. I went into the parking garage and dealt with the dogs before going back up into the police station to do the armory. He did not show back up there at that point. Only if you continue and grab the parking pass. In case you need to finish stuff up in RPD.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Thanks for the tip!

Anyone who missed this can return to the RPD from the sewers using a hidden elevator, and Mister X won't be there to stalk you. I used this opportunity to collect any remaining items before heading off to the lab.

mjk321

but where's the fun in that? going through the corridors of the west wing of the RPD with Mr.X and 2 lickers following you is only half the fun :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
During the second run he starts to follow you when you pick up the battery so if you want to cut down your exposure to him, make sure you get the Lion medallion and the Unicorn medallion and put them in the statue before going for the Maiden medallion.

That way once you grab the battery in the STARS office, all you have to do is book it to the third floor, blow the wall, grab the medallion and go thru the library to the statue. My fiance and I did this last night and, while we heard the music signaling him along the stairwell, we did not encounter him before we got to the statue and went underground.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
but where's the fun in that? going through the corridors of the west wing of the RPD with Mr.X and 2 lickers following you is only half the fun :)

What constitutes fun for you ruins it for others...

During the second run he starts to follow you when you pick up the battery so if you want to cut down your exposure to him, make sure you get the Lion medallion and the Unicorn medallion and put them in the statue before going for the Maiden medallion.

That way once you grab the battery in the STARS office, all you have to do is book it to the third floor, blow the wall, grab the medallion and go thru the library to the statue. My fiance and I did this last night and, while we heard the music signaling him along the stairwell, we did not encounter him before we got to the statue and went underground.

Thanks, but you're a minute too late.
I just picked up that damn thing... :cry: Now he wants Leon's a$$, and I'm considering restarting my second run... Oh well. It's only been half an hour so far, and most of it consisted of me running around like a headless chicken because I didn't realise the shutter where that cop got cut in half is now open.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
What constitutes fun for you ruins it for others...

Thanks, but you're a minute too late.
I just picked up that damn thing... :cry: Now he wants Leon's a$$, and I'm considering restarting my second run... Oh well. It's only been half an hour so far, and most of it consisted of me running around like a headless chicken because I didn't realise the shutter where that cop got cut in half is now open.
I'm sorry! I wish I had gotten to you sooner. I know I freaked out when he started following me on my first run and after I got past him I didn't really see him like that but it was still super intense with that music.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Hm... It seems like avoiding this specific trigger isn't the whole trick after all. I actually restarted my second run (the first attempt was terrible anyway), this time making sure not to do the thing you said, but he started coming after me anyway when
I l left the S.T.A.R.S. office and headed for the library. So maybe just entering the S.T.A.R.S. office is what triggers him, or approaching the library from that specific direction, not necessarily picking up the battery.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That is a possibility. I assumed this chase had to do with a key item and not the office itself but we never entered the office until we went in there for the battery. I think in any case I would steer clear of the office until you're ready to go underground for the first time, lol. That music freaks me out.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like this thread lol. I got through Leon's initial scenario but I'm having a hard time in general with Claire's scenerios specifically because Mr X is on my tail along with the lickers for what seems like the entire way (at least as far as I've gotten).

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ugh this part of the game is stressing me out! I had no idea he follows you all over! My heart sank when I heard his footsteps above me in the main hall.

mjk321

Ugh this part of the game is stressing me out! I had no idea he follows you all over! My heart sank when I heard his footsteps above me in the main hall.
but that's the best thing, now it REALLY feels like he's following you. if it had a thick southern accent and carried a spiked paint roller it would be perfect.
also, breaking thru walls and shouting "OH YEAH"

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
I much prefer having him chase me down,

It gives the game such an intense feeling knowing that he could be anywhere at any moment and when you think you are safe he strikes,

Even as a OG Resident Evil player having him come stomping round a corner or breaking down a wall made me shout out a few non holy words. :lol:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I like this thread lol. I got through Leon's initial scenario but I'm having a hard time in general with Claire's scenerios specifically because Mr X is on my tail along with the lickers for what seems like the entire way (at least as far as I've gotten).
If he's really giving you a tough time, I'd look up when he's scripted to start following you and when he's scripted to stop and make sure that I have as little to do within that time period as possible.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, I've officially reached the point where I find him more annoying than actually scary. On my second playthrough he came to pester me in the library while I was pushing the shelves around, and instead of running away, I decided to offend him with uttermost disrespect! He kept knocking me down, but I just kept getting up and back to work, ignoring him until the shelves were correctly positioned. (Thankfully my inventory was filled with healing items.) The next time I saw him, his hat was mysteriously gone, probably from his attempt at shooting himself because I had shamed him in front of the entire zombified library personnel! :evil:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Lol! At one point I was in the library too and, the chicken **** I am, I was backed up between the bookshelves not moving or making sound and he went away for a bit. I guess the more ruckus you make, the faster he finds you... but then he is automatically triggered to show up in some parts.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to figure out where you need to go, while he’s not after you, so you’re not running around trying to figure things out when he does show up.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Lol I was playing through Leon B and went into the interrogation room. The glass was already broken and there was no licker so I was "oh cool" grabbed the items and left. Walking up the hallway and BOOM! Mr. X crashes through the wall and I'm like "oh ****!"

Lol seriously on the B scenerio he does not leave you alone for the entire playthrough.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
As far as I can tell up until now, yeah, Mister X definitely has it in for Leon, more so than Claire. I can't blame him, though, this remade Leon really is a cutie, especially with the Noir hairstyle.

At one point I was in the library too and, the chicken **** I am, I was backed up between the bookshelves not moving or making sound and he went away for a bit. I guess the more ruckus you make, the faster he finds you... but then he is automatically triggered to show up in some parts.

I like that Mister X doesn't just magically know where you are at all times, he has to actually see or hear you, so as long as you hide out of sight and make no sound, he won't find you. I hear the shower stalls next to the women's locker room are great places to hide, he's well-behaved enough to never look in there, and he also never enters the S.T.A.R.S. office or the clock tower.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Like Hel said once you get over the fear of him chasing you down he just becomes annoying but he is easy enough to avoid.

If he get's to close just hit him with a flash bang it will daze him long enough for you to put distance between him and you.

And I also like that he won't enter specific rooms it gives you a chance to take a breather before going on.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If he gets near me in the RPD, I just run to the STARS Office or the Dark Room. He can't enter those rooms and you get a reset on accomplishing your next goal. This game just doesn't give enough ammo for me to warrant fighting every dang monster that pops up when he comes by.

Top Bottom