• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised RE:0 Xbox One- Game freezes console shuts down

TravisJohn00

Hey all. My first post on here. I am a huge fan of the genre going back to the big box PS1 release which I still own and play.

Lately I've been having issues on my Xbox One with RE0. I never delved deep into this game. Got about half way through years ago never finished it. Recently went back to it, completed it, now I want to do it again from start to finish.

My game ALWAYS freezes and my console shuts off right after I am playing as either Billy/Wesker in the very beginning of the game on the train. I get the Conductors Key from Rebecca grab all the items and as I am heading back and I am in the car in which Billy/Wesker climbed the latter to get in to, on the way back when the cut scene starts and the chandelier falls down, the game ALWAYS freezes here and the console turns off.

I've tried resetting my system. Hard reset. Un-installed and re-installed the game. Changed power settings on my console. Nothing is working.

Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

TravisJohn00

Update....

I tried something different. This time around what I did was I opened the Conductors Room with the key, pressed the button for the ladder to come down, ascended it, the first cut scene started and finished no issues where Billy/Wesker hears the scorpion. Then I proceeded to descend the ladder and save the game, turn the console off and back on. I loaded the game and continuted on and this time the game did not freeze when the scorpion fell through the roof. However this defeats the purpose of me playing the game as I am trying to beat it without saving for the achievement

Anyone have any additional information or advice on this?

Thanks

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
So I've done some digging for you and it seems you are not the only one who has this issue,

Other Xbox players are also saying there game freezes up and shuts off the console in certain parts of the game,

Now for the bad news, As it is there is no way to prevent this from happening so therefore you will be unable to get the achievement,

However other players have reported this issue to Microsoft customer services and they have offered a refund for the game.

TravisJohn00

So I've done some digging for you and it seems you are not the only one who has this issue,

Other Xbox players are also saying there game freezes up and shuts off the console in certain parts of the game,

Now for the bad news, As it is there is no way to prevent this from happening so therefore you will be unable to get the achievement,

However other players have reported this issue to Microsoft customer services and they have offered a refund for the game.

hey whats up dude thanks for the reply. I'm sure we've ran across the same Reddit pages etc with everyone experiencing the issues. I too have seen people say they have complained to Microsoft as far back as November last year and still no patch or anything.

As far as refund goes, I purchased my game in good old hard copy fashion at GameStop, not downloadable content so I am unsure if they would be willing to offer me any kind of compensation. I will certainly give it a try. I had no idea they were offering people refunds so thank you for bringing that to my attention! Appreciate it very much!

Will you be getting the RE2 remake Thursday evening/Friday am?

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
hey whats up dude thanks for the reply. I'm sure we've ran across the same Reddit pages etc with everyone experiencing the issues. I too have seen people say they have complained to Microsoft as far back as November last year and still no patch or anything.

As far as refund goes, I purchased my game in good old hard copy fashion at GameStop, not downloadable content so I am unsure if they would be willing to offer me any kind of compensation. I will certainly give it a try. I had no idea they were offering people refunds so thank you for bringing that to my attention! Appreciate it very much!

Will you be getting the RE2 remake Thursday evening/Friday am?

Sorry I can't help any further dude it sucks when a game you love doesn't work due to a fault on the console manufacture side,

On the bright side you have a piece of survival horror history that you can put on show,

And yes I am very excited to be playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake I have the Deluxe Edition pre ordered digitally and also the collectors edition pre ordered.

TravisJohn00

Sorry I can't help any further dude it sucks when a game you love doesn't work due to a fault on the console manufacture side,

On the bright side you have a piece of survival horror history that you can put on show,

And yes I am very excited to be playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake I have the Deluxe Edition pre ordered digitally and also the collectors edition pre ordered.

thats good stuff. I have to go early Thursday to try to upgrade to the Deluxe as all GameStops this past saturday they were unavailable

annnnnnd my game just froze at a different part of the game, right after I got the train to stop it froze. It always seems to freeze and the console turns off exclusively during cut scenes. I am going to contract Microsoft right now. This is so annoying

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
thats good stuff. I have to go early Thursday to try to upgrade to the Deluxe as all GameStops this past saturday they were unavailable

annnnnnd my game just froze at a different part of the game, right after I got the train to stop it froze. It always seems to freeze and the console turns off exclusively during cut scenes. I am going to contract Microsoft right now. This is so annoying

Well I hope you can resolve the issue one way or another dude and I hope you manage to upgrade to the deluxe edition of RE2.

TravisJohn00

Well I hope you can resolve the issue one way or another dude and I hope you manage to upgrade to the deluxe edition of RE2.

Thanks a lot buddy I appreciate everything don't feel sorry that you coulden't help any further. Telling me that Microsoft was issuing refunds was plenty of good info. And YES I do hope I am lucky enough that my local GameStop where I have my gave reserved has an extra copy of the Deluxe Version for me. Thank you again so very much

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Thanks a lot buddy I appreciate everything don't feel sorry that you coulden't help any further. Telling me that Microsoft was issuing refunds was plenty of good info. And YES I do hope I am lucky enough that my local GameStop where I have my gave reserved has an extra copy of the Deluxe Version for me. Thank you again so very much

No problem at all bud glad I could be of some help,

Hope you stick around the forums be nice to get to know more about you and how you became a fan of the RE franchise, What game made you fall in love with the game so on so on.

TravisJohn00

No problem at all bud glad I could be of some help,

Hope you stick around the forums be nice to get to know more about you and how you became a fan of the RE franchise, What game made you fall in love with the game so on so on.

I lost my mind. I did a Live Chat with Microsoft explaining what the situation is. I told the rep that I have tried everything in my power to fix this. I un-installed and re-installed the game, reset my Xbox, did a hard reset, unplugged it from the wall, deleted my gamer profile and re-added it. This guy kept insisting to do mindless tests to try to fix it including checking my network connection. I told him I was getting frustrated because he was not listening to me. I told him do a simple google search on this issue and he would see for himself that many people are having this identical issue and that there is no patch or update to fix it. I asked if I could have permission to link him to the articles that I came across which went ignored. He then ahead and said something along the lines of " Oh I can tell you are unwilling to fix this issue. Would you like to speak to my manager/supervisor?" Then he had the nerve to make up some shim sham saying how his connection was bad and he was losing me. Then the chat got disconnected and the entire log erased. How convenient

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
I lost my mind. I did a Live Chat with Microsoft explaining what the situation is. I told the rep that I have tried everything in my power to fix this. I un-installed and re-installed the game, reset my Xbox, did a hard reset, unplugged it from the wall, deleted my gamer profile and re-added it. This guy kept insisting to do mindless tests to try to fix it including checking my network connection. I told him I was getting frustrated because he was not listening to me. I told him do a simple google search on this issue and he would see for himself that many people are having this identical issue and that there is no patch or update to fix it. I asked if I could have permission to link him to the articles that I came across which went ignored. He then ahead and said something along the lines of " Oh I can tell you are unwilling to fix this issue. Would you like to speak to my manager/supervisor?" Then he had the nerve to make up some shim sham saying how his connection was bad and he was losing me. Then the chat got disconnected and the entire log erased. How convenient

Damn bro that's pretty screwed up,

Nothing worse than an employee of a company who has there head up there rear end,

Personally I would contact the higher up's within the company and report the employee,

Surly there is something they can do to fix the issue at hand a simple patch after all you spend your hard earned money on something you expect it to work,

I've never had an issue with a company such as Microsoft as I've always been a PlayStation guy and the fact that all the stories surrounding Microsoft and how much there customer service sucks your story has just shows they are pathetic,

I really do hope you get it sorted bro it be such a shame to have to sit such a classic game to the side all because of one stubborn company.

Top Bottom