• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) RE2: Which character and scenario?

mert20004

Which character do you prefer to play as more in both original and remake? And which scenario pair do you prefer in both original and remake?

For me;

Original: They are equally fun to play for me so that's a tie. I like claire more as a character than leon and she has a better story imo but leon's weapons are more fun to use; especially that awesome shotgun. For scenario pair; ı prefer claire a / leon b mainly cause sherry gets infected and creating the vaccine is fun, you temporarily see her as leon and later on as ada.

Remake: I prefer claire. She has a better story than leon's and her weapons are buffed and more fun to use than leon's which feel nerfed; especially that awesome shotgun. The scenario pairs arent that different from each other in remake unfortunately but ı still prefer claire a / leon b. Plus birkin's final form is less frustrating to take down with leon since he's equipped with rocket launcher and ı prefer leon to fight him so that he plays a hand in helping claire and sherry.

D

Deleted member 21244

Which character do you prefer to play as more in both original and remake? And which scenario pair do you prefer in both original and remake?

For me;

Original: They are equally fun to play for me so that's a tie. I like claire more as a character than leon and she has a better story imo but leon's weapons are more fun to use; especially that awesome shotgun. For scenario pair; ı prefer claire a / leon b mainly cause sherry gets infected and creating the vaccine is fun, you temporarily see her as leon and later on as ada.

Remake: I prefer claire. She has a better story than leon's and her weapons are buffed and more fun to use than leon's which feel nerfed; especially that awesome shotgun. The scenario pairs arent that different from each other in remake unfortunately but ı still prefer claire a / leon b. Plus birkin's final form is less frustrating to take down with leon since he's equipped with rocket launcher and ı prefer leon to fight him so that he plays a hand in helping claire and sherry.
Original: i personally prefer leon, i liked i
His story more and i love leon b scenario, one of my favorite part in the series

Remake: i prefer claire scenario, her story his better in every way, also there isnt much difference by choosing leon or claire but i prefer claire A and leon b

It make more sense since as leon you are always behind, like when taking the g virus from the lab you find the semple tube open by claire whit Sherry pendant, also claire is the one that put the train in motion and leon jumped on the train after... Also it make more sense to have Marvin meeting claire and talking about Chris, it dosent make sense for leon asking claire if she find her brother when in the second scenario she just arrived from the back of the police station, but it make sense for the just arrived leon to ask claire about chris since she searched for the police department first...

Also leon meet to many character, ada, ben and kendo, and some of this help leon too, while Claire had to handle herself alone but if you choose her first she at least meet Marvin that help him during the first part of the game... The story didnt make sense in either way but at least it make a bit more sense like this

Last edited by a moderator:

RedfieldFan

Original: I prefer Claire as a character and ClaireA/LeonB is my favorite scenario.

Remake: Claire definitely has the best story. I prefer to play her as the 2nd playthrough. It makes more sense for Leon to meet up with Marvin and then Claire gets to defeat Birkin at the end.

Top Bottom