• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resi 1 - Difficulty Question

JackRedfield

All RE games of the main series are available on PS3 so you don´t need to play the Gamecube versions. You can just download them all from the PS Store (plus the PS3 versions of the RE 1 Remake and RE Zero have some additional features and alternate - and in my opinion far better - controls). I would still recommend playing the games in chronological order after you have completed RE 1.

As for the door with the numpad - once you defeated Yawn the second time and climb down the hole, do NOT advance further (otherwise Barry will die later) but wait until Barry gets a rope and then climb back up and you will get a passcode, which you can use on the numpad door. If you do this and later don´t let Barry go ahead in the caves, Barry will survive.

Btw you can unlock the Rocket Launcher with infinite ammo if you complete either scenario in less then 3 hours. You unlock the Colt Python with infinite ammo in the Advanced version by simply beating it.

and yes as I said before Advanced is - in my opinion - a lot harder then original.

I wasn't sure if you were talking about the GC or PS version of the remake, since they're different. I intend to play both though. I want to find out myself, what happens & what not. The regular Advanced is harder, i heard that much, yes, but the easier Advanced?

I definitely suggest playing Original before Advanced. Advanced is more for when you really know the original game and want more of a challenge even on the easier mode, because it mixes things up.

Thank you, guess i'll play in this order then: Training<Original<Easy Advanced<Advanced.

If you did indeed receive your bazooka from Barry instead of killing Forest and picking it up then you will have to retrieve the broken shotgun and unlock the door in the East wing of the first floor yourself; Barry will not help you.

It's just little instances like that that change the gameplay slightly.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Green advanced. My dc game has original, advanced and arrange as the difficulties.

Yes, Forest just laid there, and Barry gave me his bazooka, and i've already picked up the Shotgun myself, just as i did with Chris in my first playthrough. This is pretty confusing, i am playing the european version of DC, and i have TRAINING, ORIGINAL and ADVANCED. First being easier than Original, Original, well... speaks for itself, and Advanced being harder with different costumes.

If you hold -> while highlighting Advanced, it becomes 'green' like Training, so you have double the items & i wondered if this version of Advanced is easier than the regular Original, but it seems its still not.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I wasn't sure if you were talking about the GC or PS version of the remake, since they're different. I intend to play both though.

No the Remake on GC and PS3 are not really any different. You got everything you have in the GC version already in the PS3 version as well. The PS3 (or PS4) version only has some additional things but there is nothing in the GC version that is not in the PS version so playing both is completely unnecessary. The only differences are a HD resolution for the graphics, more costumes and the Invisible enemies mode which can be unlocked. The PS version also has alternate controls but you can also choose to use the original controls and even the original 4:3 screen resolution. So yeah the PS version has everything from the GC version so there is really no need to play both.

As for RE 1 DC, it seems that "Advanced" and "Arranged" are the same thing, it´s the DC version of the game with new costumes, different enemy and item locations, more enemies etc. and yes that one is a lot harder then the original version. As we already mentioned many times now.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
On the topic of general difficulty, if nobody's brought this up yet, then I'd like to make you aware that Director's Cut of Resident Evil is actually generally easier than the original release of Resident Evil in 1996 (AKA Long-Box RE).

In the original release, there was no auto-aim on guns, you only got two ink ribbons with each pick up instead of three, enemies had more health, the player had less health, and I think you might have received less bullets with each pick up, but I don't know about that one for sure.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
On the topic of general difficulty, if nobody's brought this up yet, then I'd like to make you aware that Director's Cut of Resident Evil is actually generally easier than the original release of Resident Evil in 1996 (AKA Long-Box RE).

In the original release, there was no auto-aim on guns, you only got two ink ribbons with each pick up instead of three, enemies had more health, the player had less health, and I think you might have received less bullets with each pick up, but I don't know about that one for sure.

just so Jack isn´t confused - Kevin means the original version released on disc, not the original mode on the DC version ;)

and yeah I remember the original RE 1 version was hard as hell (there was also no easy mode or something), probably the hardest RE I have ever played. especially the Hunters were such a bitch in the original RE 1 and they dealt such huge amounts of damage and could instantly kill you so easily with their damn swipe jump. Anyone beating that version with knife only is a true master. I couldn´t do that until this day. I like some challenges but I hate it if a game is so hard and frustrating that it stops being fun and turns into a neverending frustration fest. Some people love that (the harder the better), some people like it only easy as breeze but I am pretty much in the middle.

Top Bottom