• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil 1 Tips and Hints

codename47

I just installed the first game and started out with Chris. Yeah, I know it's the more difficult one, but when I want to play with Jill the game freezes when I find the first zombie and run back to Barry. So, yeah...

My problem is that I get my ass handed to me in 5 minutes. There are too many freaking zombies and I can't run past them in narrow corridors. I get bitten two or three times and it's game over. My ammo is enough to clear the way maybe 3 to 5 times and then I am screwed. Is the knife any good? Is there something I don't know about? Can you kill them so that they don't get up?

Thanks, any other tips would be appreciated

codename47

You know, this game would be a bit easier if I could save more often and had more inventory space. It also helps if you know what's going to come up. Going back and forth between save points and running out of ink ribbons make this game really punishing. That doesn't make it a bad game, but it's really challenging. Most often I progress through the game and somewhere near a save point I die. Unfair :(

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Yeah it can be hard some times. You must avoid fight whenever posible, this is survival. whenever there's a large coridor you must try to bypass zombiez that's the only advise I can give. But hang in there, don't give just yet :D

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the knife is good but you need to have good timing to use it, chances are you slash once and get bitten, if that happens to you, i would stick to using the guns provided.
slash the legs, like once, step back, then slash again, .repeat that, and you can take a zombie down with the knife, then obviously take advantage and get as many jabs as possible when it falls down, another tip, with the shotgun, let a zzombie get a close as possible aim up and blow the head off, then it wont get back up.
also if your playing on REmake, remember to set fire to the bodies or they get up as crimson heads, which are harder to deal with.

codename47

Alright thanks, guys! After I got the hang of the whole SURVIVAL thing things started to look up for me. I learned how to dodge certain enemies or learn the best possible routes to take. On my second run, I managed to conserv a lot of ammo and pretty much finished the game without too much hassle.

aintnoscrub

Premium
no offence here, but if this girl is going out with some guy just to make an ex jealous, that doesnt really say much for her. its a very low thing to do.
i wont say you gotta move on, cuz thats easier said than done, but you should really start talking to other girls, to get your mind off her.

aintnoscrub

Premium
oh ****, my bad, i had two tabs open, was reading one, went to reply, must have got distracted came back opened the tab with the topic and posted.
will delete it now.

Top Bottom