• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Resident Evil 2 Remake Save Room theme

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It sounds a lot like the RE7 save room to me, with a mix of 4 up until you finally get that teaser of a melody from decades ago. It's not bad but I prefer the original music. I'll probably end up using the original soundtrack music.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Meh. It's creepy, yes, but the original sounded more like complete desperation, which I preferred.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Gives you more of a hey you can relax now feeling where as the original gave you a more better stay on your toes feeling either way I'll be using both the new soundtrack and original throughout multiple runs.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
This might be a little too off topic, but have they said anywhere if the original soundtrack swap is the old recordings or a new recording of the old tracks?

weskerondope

i dont understand why anybody would wanna use the original soundtrack, i mean its a "remake" so whats the point of getting a brand new game if it means you have to listen to tunes you allready know? that is of course unless the user above me is right about them recording the old soundtrack again, which i doubt is the case

if this game requires the original soundtrack to deliver a classic feeling, then it has failed as a remake
personally i consider this game a sequel to re7 and not a remake

im not judging you guys im just trying to figure it out, have a great nostalgia weekend yall

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
This might be a little too off topic, but have they said anywhere if the original soundtrack swap is the old recordings or a new recording of the old tracks?
From what I saw of it in a video, it's the original, complete with the menu sounds and everything.

JakeTHSnake58

Played my first half hour on hardcore mode, hearing this song is the only thing I will hear in this game now, I'm NOT ****ing leaving this photo room

JakeTHSnake58

i dont understand why anybody would wanna use the original soundtrack, i mean its a "remake" so whats the point of getting a brand new game if it means you have to listen to tunes you allready know? that is of course unless the user above me is right about them recording the old soundtrack again, which i doubt is the case

if this game requires the original soundtrack to deliver a classic feeling, then it has failed as a remake

im not judging you guys im just trying to figure it out, have a great nostalgia weekend yall

I'll do my second play through with them, but that's after my first run of the 4 scenarios lol

weskerondope

cool, personally i would never wanna play for example the gamecube remake of 1 with the ps1 soundtrack, but on the other hand who cares what i think

got my resi2 today, promised my friend not to play it untill we meet next friday for a gaming weekend, kinda sucks to wait another week, thank god for the outbreak series to keep me busy

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I like it a lot. But it's not something that brings "Resident Evil" to mind. While personally it fits the tone of the other tracks, it doesn't really fit Resident Evil too well, but is a great track on its own.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I really like it. I was kind of surprised the first time I heard it in the "black room" save room, since I wasn't expecting it. It has an eerie feel to it, yes, maybe more so than previous themes, however it still has heart and enough warmth to make you feel "safe".

Off-topic, wonderful to see the board this active!

JakeTHSnake58

cool, personally i would never wanna play for example the gamecube remake of 1 with the ps1 soundtrack, but on the other hand who cares what i think

got my resi2 today, promised my friend not to play it untill we meet next friday for a gaming weekend, kinda sucks to wait another week, thank god for the outbreak series to keep me busy
Ah, man. I wish we could somehow play Outbreak online still xD

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella

It's an extra for those players who enjoyed the original soundtrack, It was never intended to give a classic feel to the game it's for the players who want to indulge in the nostalgia of 98 the original soundtrack was a big part of what made Resident Evil 2 a success,

And technically it's not a remake Capcom themselves said it's not a remake it's a re-imagining completely rebuild from the ground up so even veteran players of the original don't know what to expect,

Yes there's a familiar look to it as in most of the R.P.D station rooms but this is far from the 1998 release it's a far superior game in every way and that's coming from an old school Resident Evil player I've beat the original RE2 over 100 times and I'm not ashamed to say that the new version is a million times above the original release in every sense,

The environment, the creepy sounds as you explore the station and the terrifying thought of Mr X lurking around hunting you down at every chance,

In no way has this game failed to deliver to the true hardcore Resident Evil fans just because they added the original soundtrack and in all truthfulness you don't need to buy the deluxe edition content if you don't want to so therefore everyone is happy.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
And technically it's not a remake Capcom themselves said it's not a remake it's a re-imagining completely rebuild from the ground up

Is this not what a remake is by definition though?
Re-imagination is literally remaking something. Because it uses the old basis but with a twist. I.E; RE2 setting but different.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Is this not what a remake is by definition though?
Re-imagination is literally remaking something. Because it uses the old basis but with a twist. I.E; RE2 setting but different.

Technically yes if they never added more locations to explore then you could call it a remake but with multiple new rooms and a new location I.E the orphanage it's not completely a remake but I understand what you mean.

weskerondope

Ah, man. I wish we could somehow play Outbreak online still xD
that would have been very groovy, never got to play it online, here in europe outbreak 1 didnt even have online support, just file 2, and the servers where all down when i bought them, still they are fun as heck on single player, except when the bots go nuts

It's an extra for those players who enjoyed the original soundtrack, It was never intended to give a classic feel to the game it's for the players who want to indulge in the nostalgia of 98 the original soundtrack was a big part of what made Resident Evil 2 a success,

And technically it's not a remake Capcom themselves said it's not a remake it's a re-imagining completely rebuild from the ground up so even veteran players of the original don't know what to expect,

Yes there's a familiar look to it as in most of the R.P.D station rooms but this is far from the 1998 release it's a far superior game in every way and that's coming from an old school Resident Evil player I've beat the original RE2 over 100 times and I'm not ashamed to say that the new version is a million times above the original release in every sense,

The environment, the creepy sounds as you explore the station and the terrifying thought of Mr X lurking around hunting you down at every chance,

In no way has this game failed to deliver to the true hardcore Resident Evil fans just because they added the original soundtrack and in all truthfulness you don't need to buy the deluxe edition content if you don't want to so therefore everyone is happy.

yeah i guess your right about that, not a remake, just a brand new game, like darkside chronicles
didnt buy the deluxe editions, i never do, which might be silly for a resident evil collector, but i kinda prefer the regular editions anyway
plastic covers instead of those metal boxes, and the cover art is ussually a bit nicer

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
that would have been very groovy, never got to play it online, here in europe outbreak 1 didnt even have online support, just file 2, and the servers where all down when i bought them, still they are fun as heck on single player, except when the bots go nuts

yeah i guess your right about that, not a remake, just a brand new game, like darkside chronicles
didnt buy the deluxe editions, i never do, which might be silly for a resident evil collector, but i kinda prefer the regular editions anyway
plastic covers instead of those metal boxes, and the cover art is ussually a bit nicer

I tend to collect anything Resident Evil I've got multiple props from the game franchise not so much the movies as I thought they sucked.

Top Bottom