• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Bad It's Good

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
If something is bad I tend to think it is bad. And if it's more bad, I tend to think it's worse. So it was very difficult to find something to post here, but I managed to come up with something:

- Hamburgers that drips of fat (bad because it's unhealthy, good because it taste good)
- Candy that sets your mouth on fire because it's salty or spicy

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
An Honorable Mention goes to Knock Knock with this scene, it's so outrageously stupid and over-the-toply acted that you can't help but inadvertantly laugh at it:

ROFLMAO! I know Keanu really tries with what he's given (and I mean he really does, LOL), but no actor can give a "serious" performance with those lines. "IT WAS FREE PIZZA!" TROLOLOLOLOLOL! :LOL:

Last edited:

justliketheplant

The first Twilight movie is a mash up of great cinematography choices and B-movie level plot and acting. As far as major movies go they had a limited budget and a bunch of unknown talent (at the time), and I think the lack of funding and clout helped it rather than hindered it. There's a lot of suspense and angst in some of the framing and lighting choices that is dropped in later films and it's an absolute detriment. A lot of the stylistic choices in the first movie were done to convey Bella's feelings about what was happening around her, and it's subtle, but it makes the experience more lush.

The first Resident Evil movie will always have my heart. I always got a kick out of the Alice in Wonderland references (though it's the Queen of Hearts and not the Red Queen that says "off with her head"--yes I will be that pedantic). At that time I loved Jovovich in anything she was cast in and just wanted her to be my wife. During my first viewing there was enough mystery that everything genuinely felt like a surprise, and it was sufficiently claustrophobic. For me, it didn't age well for anything but nostalgia, but I watch it at least once a year, so there really is no mystery or suspense left.

I will watch Mario Brothers over and over and over and over and it gets better every time, lol. The editing mess ups make it feel like there was a larger story, or maybe a story line panned out differently until choices in post-production, and that it was whittled down to what we see, and that's strangely compelling. I found Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo's performances to be endearing, and I thought Dennis Hopper was both charismatic and sleazy enough to be dislikable in a good way. The conflicting tones don't bother me and I think it feels like a precursor to John Dies at the End.

Street Fighter. Raul Julia's delivery of "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday" blew my mind as a kid. I had never encountered anything like that scene before. I was used to Ninja Turtles fighting with Shredder, etc. Having a villain that just didn't give a damn about the protagonist's grudge seemed impossible.

Hardcore Henry has like a 50% Rotten Tomato rating so I guess it's technically a bad movie, but I found it super enjoyable. The effects (at the time, I need to rewatch it) were really well done. The one-shot effect felt organic rather than exhausting. I remember laughing a lot and just having a blast overall.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I do agree that the first Twilight movie is not as bad as many people make it out to be. I feel like it gets a bad rep simply because the other films are so incredibly bad. The first one works pretty well as a single contained story, and has some beautiful cinematography as well as a great soundtrack. The acting is still questionable yet somehow works in its surreal B-movie world, and the only thing that feels out of place is ironically the way it sets up sequels.

But my oh my, the sequels are trash. There are absolutely no redeeming qualies or guilty pleasures to be found in them.

justliketheplant

I do agree that the first Twilight movie is not as bad as many people make it out to be. I feel like it gets a bad rep simply because the other films are so incredibly bad. The first one works pretty well as a single contained story, and has some beautiful cinematography as well as a great soundtrack. The acting is still questionable yet somehow works in its surreal B-movie world, and the only thing that feels out of place is ironically the way it sets up sequels.

But my oh my, the sequels are trash. There are absolutely no redeeming qualies or guilty pleasures to be found in them.
Agreed 100%. I can't even watch them ironically.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Is Starship Troopers bad? I always thought it was held in high regard?

The first Starship Troopers is actually good. Not "so bad it's good", a legit good movie!

That out of the way, not sure if this counts, but the 90's TV edit of RoboCop has plenty of unintentionally "el oh el" moments (or rather, editing):

I'm kinda torn on this one as I don't know if I should "el oh el" at all the hilariously-bad editing (that CGI bra has got to be awfully hot with the bulletproof vest on and don't even get me started on redubbing "f*ck me!" with "why me?!") or revel in disgust at them butchering a classic. There's another noteworthy bit they left out.

Oh, and speaking of hilariously-bad edits/redubs:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The first Starship Troopers is actually good. Not "so bad it's good", a legit good movie!

That out of the way, not sure if this counts, but the 90's TV edit of RoboCop has plenty of unintentionally "el oh el" moments (or rather, editing):

I'm kinda torn on this one as I don't know if I should "el oh el" at all the hilariously-bad editing (that CGI bra has got to be awfully hot with the bulletproof vest on and don't even get me started on redubbing "f*ck me!" with "why me?!") or revel in disgust at them butchering a classic. There's another noteworthy bit they left out.

Oh, and speaking of hilariously-bad edits/redubs:

Thank god for TV edits XD.

Top Bottom