• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Text box typing issues

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
So I now know I'm not the only one with this - aside from @Jen and, I believe, @Turo602 is anyone else finding that when they use anything other than a computer to type on the forums, the keyboard closes down upon using the back space or enter key?

Mad annoying, right? But there is a temporary fix: click the little cog symbol in the text box before you type and you can use all the keyboards keys without a problem. But the tradeoff is that you won't be able to utilise any of the other buttons within the text box - it is all we can do at the moment, however.

Steve is looking into it as it could well be an issue with an add-on, but what we need from you lovely people is if you are having this issue please let us know in this thread so we can find out what the flipper dipper is going on and hopefully fix it.

We need to know what device you're using and the operating system it is, e.g. mobile phone and Android.

And yes, I did say flipper dipper.

Enjoy that, it's free.

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Okay, it looks like we now have an answer. This issue is completely down to a recent Chrome browser update on Android - specifically the Chrome v85 update. The XenForo team were able to confirm as much recently. If you are an iOS user using Chrome (or any other browser), you are fine; if you are an Android user running any browser other than Chrome, then you are fine. I use Firefox on my Android phone and I can confirm that Firefox is not affected by this issue, but I can't expect people to change their browser because of this issue.

Chrome Canary users have been able to confirm that this issue is fixed in Chrome Canary v87, so it's likely that a fix may be introduced in the next update to Chrome on Android. It's also worth noting that this issue is not exclusive to XenForo, and will likely occur for a multitude of platforms that utilise any of the more WYSIWYG editors (Froala, TinyMCE, etc.)

Top Bottom