• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) The graph puzzle! OMG that took me a while, what about you?

XmetallatemX

Out of every RE game I have played, the graph puzzle was the most difficult to solve. Mabey I am an idiot or something, but that puzzle had me stumped for i think almost an hour and a half, mabey 2 hours. Solving it was the biggest relief! Was it easy or hard for you? Even the tip line gives no precise answer.

bruno

Chief Researcher
It's very annoying. It took me something like 30 minutes to solve.
I hate that stupid noise when you are checking if it is right...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
My memory must suck because I can barely remember it... I do recall one or two puzzles having me scratching my head for a while, though, and I bet that was one of 'em! :p

Makes me want to boot up RE3 again just to see if I still find it as difficult as I used to.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
graphs puzzle?
is that something to do with water...i cant remember, but i think i know which one you might be on about.

XmetallatemX

@bruno. True! True! That beeping ****ed me off to! :) @steve. It was the puzzle toward the end of the game. The graph beeped and bleeped until it was solved. @ihadesss. Someday i hope to play it again to. RE3 is a classic. :)

Mitch

I found it really easy...

First of all, line A is the only one with more than one long bar. There's only one position it can be in so that it is in line with only long bars at the top.

After that, there are only two possible combinations.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i can think off 2 puzzles atm, are you talking about the one, that when you complete two hunters break outta test tubes..
if so that was so annoying

Mitch

iHadeSsS;25759 said:
i can think off 2 puzzles atm, are you talking about the one, that when you complete two hunters break outta test tubes..
if so that was so annoying

If we're talking about that one, then I found it pretty frustrating too.

Luckily, it's one of the only puzzles in the game that isn't randomised, so I've remembered for further playthroughs that it's switches I, III and A. Or possibly B.

I think they are talking about the one with the three rows of bars, though.

Ryan

It was hard it was just there was a lot of options to choose from which meant it took a while.

XmetallatemX

.I must admit that i never go to tip lines unless its a dire frustrating puzzle like this was. And then the retarded tip line left me empty anyway. :\

Mitch

Seriously, it can be solved in under a minute no matter what the combination. Find the solution to line A first, which can only have one possible possition to work- line up all the long bars on line A with any long bars on the graph. There will still be two long bars in the graph that aren't covered by line A.

After that, lines B and C only have one long bar each. So just line up the long bar on each line with one of the remaining two long bars on the graph. Test it. If it doesn't work, switch around the position of the long bar in lines B and C.

Done. Easy.

Jill

yeah its hard so lucky i own a handbook guide to everything it helps more and i remember alot of things from RE3

Top Bottom