• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Leaving/Returning Thread

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Not really a Leave or Return post, but I just found out that it's been exactly 5 years since I first joined this forum. My god, time really flies!

I'm still grateful to myself that I put aside my subjectiveness back in 2018 and gave the Resident Evil franchise a new chance, after having ignored the games for so long during my time as a diehard Silent Hill fan. It all started with a random purchase of Revelations 2, one cold morning in January 2018, when I was still waiting for my delayed package of Horizon Zero Dawn to be delivered. I was sceptical, but somehow it reminded me of how I used to love playing RE3: Nemesis at my uncle's place back in 2000 as a 10 year old. It brought me back into the world of survival horror that I loved. From there on I was hooked - RE1 remake, Zero, the OG trilogy, Code Veronica, RE4, Outbreak.... My thirst was insatiable. One thing simply lead to another and here I am 5 years later, a bigger RE fan than ever before.

It's also been a blast spending time on this forum talking about the games with so many of you guys. I wouldn't have reached so deeply into the lore of the games if it wasn't for this place.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ikawaru

Revelations 2

"I was almost a Claire sandwich" really got me, especially in 2015 when the series was in a deep depression. Kinda felt like rekindled hope, like a pendulum in its infantile stages of swinging back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom