• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am much better at cooking than with baking. Baking is always too exact for me. It feels like it staunches the creativity process. Mrs. Unqiteas is very good at baking though and is even starting to get good at icing and decorating. Wish she could be on The Great British Bake Off (Baking Show). Paul Hollywood would absolutely love some of the things she makes. And he'd absolutely hate me.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Made this for dinner yesterday! Pan-grilled pork chop with sweet/normal potatoes, served with terkiyaki sauce and a simple salad.

IMG-5904.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Since it's winter, I've recently tried making soups. I've found one particular recipe that I love. It's two sweet potatoes peeled and diced, two chopped carrots, a red bell pepper roughly chopped, an onion peeled and roughly chopped, half a cup of dried red lentils, a heaped teaspoon of garlic powder, pinches of salt and pepper, and around a third of a teaspoon of chili flakes, all added to around 4 cups of vegetable stock and cooked for 4-6 hours in a slow cooker (though I reckon you'd be fine to boil it on the stove for a few hours too). It's slightly thicker than some soups and very homely-feeling, and the chili flakes add a nice heat that's great for winter.

aXBWDu9.jpg

MJmz2q1.jpg

I also tried a cheese and broccoli soup recipe recently. It was a great recipe, but I spoiled it a little by adding slightly too much cheese, making it a bit sickly. I'm gonna try it again soon though - I'll post the results here when I do!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I bought a bread maker in a sale because...well, I don't know really. I'm a bit of a sucker for gadgets that I use once and then promptly forget about them.

But so far it's made two rather nice cakes (orange and ginger) and I'm going to have a bash at making a nice little loaf for tomorrow in it. Even if it tastes like crap, the smell will be nice

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Jen they both look great, especially the cheese one. I can't imagine "Too much" cheese XD

@Angel Oh man...I haven't even thought about buying a breadmaker...I need to add this to the list...

Reactions: Jen

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
@Angel Oh man...I haven't even thought about buying a breadmaker...I need to add this to the list...
I usually prefer the therapeutic element to making bread by hand but with homeschooling I simply don't have the time...or the desire to do all that washing up

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Just made the PERFECT jacket potato for my lunch. Slow cooked in the oven for 2.5hrs, rubbed with oil and salt...smothered in curried baked beans.

Om nom nom

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Tomorrow is by 34th birthday and I have my ultimate meal planned.

Well, breakfast is a surprise, so who knows! But I think we are ordering Chinese and I think I will get my favorite boneless spare ribs with pork fried rice. Then, for dinner, we will be creating a sultry chicken marsala with sauteed broccoli and garlic and baked sweet potato. Dessert will also be a surprise.

Very little cooking involved for me personally, but I think it works for this post.

Reactions: Jen

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I havent had a Philly Cheesesteak in SO long.

Honestly, I havent actually had any top quality Philly Cheese Steaks when I have been to Philadelphia (about a 3 hour drive from my house).
The best Cheese Steak I have ever had was actually from a random street vendor on the Jersey Shore.

Top Bottom