• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
After some folks in the "Thinking thread" started talking about cooking, I thought it would be neat to start a new one where we can focus solely on our cooking skills. Plain and simple - what are you cooking today? Or what did you cook recently? Photos of the dishes are welcome! :biggrin:

Personally I'm not the greatest chef in the world, but I'm probably not the worst either... I cook almost everyday, but on an average day I don't put that much effort into it. Once or twice a week though, I usually decide to make something above average.

This is a hamburger I made at home 2 days ago. Besides the obvious toppings in the picture, I added some caramelized onions and buttered the top bun with béarnaise sauce.

hamburger.png

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Nommy!

I'm a barely ok cook for the most part but I gotta eat so I have to keep making crap on a plate.

Today's dinner was sauteed garlic and chilli chicken with peppers, pasta, broccoli and a cream cheese, garlic and chilli sauce

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Great thread idea!

I haven't really done any proper cooking the last couple of days, but on Monday I helped cook a pork Sunday roast for my family. I was responsible for the pork, roast parsnips, stuffing and roast potatoes. I'm not a fabulous chef by any stretch of the imagination, but I make bloody good roast potatoes.

Jonipoon

Neat! That looks really yummy, love the pinkish tone on the steak bits. Do you eat those whole?

Mango Habanero Cheese is definitely something I've never heard of before, seems to be an American invention. You guys have so many cheese variants...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Neat! That looks really yummy, love the pinkish tone on the steak bits. Do you eat those whole?

Mango Habanero Cheese is definitely something I've never heard of before, seems to be an American invention. You guys have so many cheese variants...
Na, we don't eat them whole. They take 4 or 6 bites. They're about the size of half of an apple if not a bit bigger, plus everything they're stuffed with...

As for the cheeses...Yeah, we have a f*ck to of cheeses XD

Jonipoon

Looks like you've got some hot spices in there, Jen! Share me the recipe please, I'm out of Asian rice dish ideas. :lol:

For tonight I made a Greek salad. It's actually my favorite type of salad because it goes well with anything. Fish, meat, chicken, you name it...

84142259-200631771088391-3524005659752267776-n.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I used a rice cooker so I'm not sure how you'd do this normally if you don't have one... Maybe just a pot on the stove? :lol: I dunno. Here's the recipe though, and don't forget to wash your rice beforehand.

https://www.blessthismessplease.com/easy-spanish-rice-in-the-rice-cooker/print/22437/

A tablespoon of chilli gives it a really nice warmth, but it's not overly spicy, so throw a little more in if you like it hotter. :smile: I also switched out bouillon for chicken stock pouches. Oh, and the tomatoes say 114 ounces... That should read 14 ounces. Don't go throwing three killograms of tomatoes at it... :lol:

Looks like you've got some hot spices in there, Jen! Share me the recipe please, I'm out of Asian rice dish ideas. :lol:
Oh my god, I love feta. That looks awesome! Bet its a nice summer dish.

Jonipoon

Well after reading that recipe I'm sure I can come up with something using a normal pot on the stove... Hopefully! Stay tuned I guess. :lol:

Yup feta is amazing, I sometimes put small cubes of feta inside meatballs, it gives a whole new flavor.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've been playing with the rice cooker again and combined two recipes into one to make egg-bacon-soy sauce rice. (I'll work on a catchier name XD).

It was delicious! Slightly plainer than the other rice I made, but definitely tasty.

Here's a huge pic because I don't know how to make them smaller. :lol:

u0VvyNQ.png

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I made an omelette with onions, avocado and salsa for lunch. I have to eat pretty healthy because of my ulcers and I'm trying to learn to like avocados because I have elevated blood pressure. I don't hate them anymore but I'm not crazy about them either. I need to find a really stellar guacamole recipe.

Top Bottom