• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do not eat any seafood, so that is literally my nightmare. But I can appreciate the artistry of it!

I do like Sushi - just like, vegetarian sushi or the places that will add teriyaki chicken in a roll. I really love rolls with cucumber and avocado.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've been loving my slow cooker and rice cooker lately. I've been trying to cut back and lose some of the lockdown pounds, so have been trying to make tasty alternatives to takeaway food. Although they're probably still not what I'd call healthy, fakeaways make a nice Friday treat to keep one motivated!

So I made meat to make kebabs (I think it might be called a shawarma in the US, but not sure). Basically just lamb and spices mixed together.

KobMZG0.jpg

bdY7TyN.jpg

SvijQD5.jpg

I made a Chinese fakeaway which was chicken curry (if you can get your hands on Mayflower curry powder I definitely recommend, it's amazing!), rice cooker egg rice and homemade fries.

MbLjv7q.jpg

And finally, this Friday I made a slow cooker jambalaya. This was delicious and really quite simple to make!

f3W6PfX.jpg

kVtql2d.jpg

sOT9H6c.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Haven't been able to cook in a while, but tomorrow will be chicken tikka masala with rice and steamed broccoli

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love some good Indian food. We do not have a lot of Indian food near me, so I never had ANY until my first time I went to London at about 22. Now, I can travel 20 minutes and get some good stuff, but it is great to hear people making it. I find it really difficult to get the spices right unless I use the premade sauces which feels like a cheat!

Tonight, I will be making Roquefort and Balsamic stuffed Portabella Mushrooms and a Feta/Cucumber Salad, so should be a nice treat!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@UniqTeas I have a pretty strong stomach, but I always get a nasty feeling the day after eating Indian food. Which is strange considering I can eat very spicy Chinese food without any problems. I guess it could have something to do with the incredibly large portions they usually serve in their kitchens, combined with all the cream, butter and yogurth. I'm not lactose intolerant but that is sometimes too much.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Chicken, spinach, spaghetti, garlic and cheese. Wasn't horrific, rather tasty actually.

justliketheplant

I've been making bone broth/meat scrap stew. It's mostly fatty pieces of beef other family members are too picky to eat and saved up chicken wing bones/meat scraps/etc. Basically just throw it all in a pot, cover with water, add some vinegar to get the minerals out of the bones, and then let it simmer for 10 hours, periodically adding more water as needed.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ok, so the Scorpion Pepper rub may or may not have smoked up the house like tear gas, but on the plus side we all qualify for the army AND the gator turned out freaking phenomenal!
182178250_4363603870325302_7000210791008196636_n.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Currently making slow cooker (crockpot) thai green chicken curry. Gonna have it with steamed vegetables and wholegrain rice later.

Yesterday was lentil curry again. Going on a low-sodium diet for a bit...man, it's boring.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Currently making slow cooker (crockpot) thai green chicken curry. Gonna have it with steamed vegetables and wholegrain rice later.

Yesterday was lentil curry again. Going on a low-sodium diet for a bit...man, it's boring.
I know the feels, I cut out the sodium from my diet on account of the high blood pressure.

I've been making soups every weekend. I've made French Onion soup which is amazing but takes so long to make. Last weekend I made Borscht and it was really good. I've been wanting chili recently though... can't decide what I should go with this weekend.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I know the feels, I cut out the sodium from my diet on account of the high blood pressure.
I have a crazy snack addiction - so much salt and zero ability to refuse, even if I feel sick. Noticed some oedema in the evenings and knowing it's linked to high levels of sodium - plus my mum had a major heart attack at 58 - I've got to go cold turkey. No chance of a cut back option because I literally can't say no.

I'm using garlic and other herbs and spices to make up the shortfall...it's ok, but I do miss the extra saltiness. I guess I'll have to go back to how I used to cook when the kids were weaning; they weren't allowed added salt and it wasnt too bad. Just have to get used to it

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have a crazy snack addiction - so much salt and zero ability to refuse, even if I feel sick. Noticed some oedema in the evenings and knowing it's linked to high levels of sodium - plus my mum had a major heart attack at 58 - I've got to go cold turkey. No chance of a cut back option because I literally can't say no.

I'm using garlic and other herbs and spices to make up the shortfall...it's ok, but I do miss the extra saltiness. I guess I'll have to go back to how I used to cook when the kids were weaning; they weren't allowed added salt and it wasnt too bad. Just have to get used to it
Yea, I understand. I could eat an entire bag of Lay's regular potato chips and would actually do then when I was riding my bike for miles and miles every day.

I initially tried pulling the obvious stuff out of my diet like snack foods and canned foods, but even that wasn't enough for me. Eventually after I found blood pressure medicine that worked for me I was able to loosen up a little bit, but I still cannot add salt to food under any circumstances otherwise my blood pressure will go up 10 pts.

I compensate by making my food super spicy. I love the taste of black pepper and I always have a big bottle of cayenne pepper somewhere. As for snacks, I've been trying to stick to fruit because I would inhale a bag of chips lol.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I hear ya - living off chilli powder and smoked paprika at the moment!

Going to be making roasted chickpeas instead of popcorn later for a TV snack.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Rain611 My roommate's french onion soup is to DIE for...but that's the only french onion soup I've ever had XD. I hope yours turned out just as awesome!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Onion soup is such an underrated gem. It's incredibly cheap yet incredibly tasty. I tried cooking an old-style French recipe from the 19th century a while ago together with a friend, unfortunately we put too many cloves in (you actually only needed half a clove). Still, we were too drunk to care but it left a strong taste in the throat afterwards.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So talking about onion soup, fun fact, I was telling you, @Rain611 , about my roommate making it and me loving it? Hopped on my Facebook memories today? And it was a year ago to this day XD. Kinda funny how it we were having that conversation almost a year to the day

Top Bottom