• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I usually don't mess with wasps. To be honest, I haven't used my front door in around four years because there's the tiniest crack between the screen door and the wooden door and they get in there and like to build. One year I opened the door, not knowing, and one flew in.

He lived in the kitchen on the ceiling for a little over a week, undisturbed, until he finally succumbed to the hot southern daytime temperatures while I ate out and closed every door in the house so he couldn't migrate to the bathroom or the bedroom.

That's fine, they can have the front door if they like it so much. I don't mind using the back.

Oh, I can totally see myself doing the same thing! I'm generally uneasy around anything that stings, including bees, even without a traumatic event in my past to explain it - if there was one, it must have been so long ago that I don't even remember. What I do remember is having a wasp in my apartment once, and my crazy mind made it out to look three times bigger than it really was. None of my friends believed me when I showed them with my hands just how big it was!

But it's not just animals either. I also hate getting vaccinated or having blood samples taken because of the needle! It's the sting. Once the needle is in, I can watch the vaccine being pushed in or the blood being sucked out with no trouble, the sight of blood doesn't bother me (I actually find it fascinating simply because it's red), I just can't watch the needle penetrate the skin. Horrors! :cry:

(On the bright side: I could never get addicted to drugs that have to be administered via needle!)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It's just too adorable - when I was a child, I hated bees because I couldn't tell the difference between them and wasps (which had stung me many times).

But as an adult, I think they're amazing. When the fat bumble bees get tired, I feed them sugar water and watch them walk up and down my arm, covering it in tiny sticky bee footprints.

A wasp would just try to kill you for that.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Wasps... how I react to them depends on the circumstances when I meet them. Often I don't fear them at all and attack them, sometimes I'm petrified. But usually I'm somewhere in between fearless and mildly frightened.
The worst is if I sleep and wake up by the deep buzzing sound from this arthropod of a F-16. No other insect sounds like that, and to slowly gain consciousness to this scary buzzing not knowing where it is, I have many tmes just hid under the blanket and hoping a miracle would solve the problem.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I love bees. Especially cuddle bees.

https://www.boredpanda.com/bees-sle...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Edit:
New Sonic is here and, even if the movie totally sucks, at least he looks like Sonic now.

https://kotaku.com/new-sonic-the-he...-his-redesign-1839796777#js_discussion-region

Yikes, that Sonic design looks so much better.

I mean, it's still probably gonna suck (as game-based movies usually do), but at least this Sonic isn't gonna rape me in my dreams.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So...I just read an article on Biohazard Cast throwing the idea out there that there could possibly be more DLC on the horizon for RE2...?

Anyone think that holds some weight or are we just speculating at this point?

I personally feel like it's a super hopeful wish but what do I know?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I wish they still kept the old Sonic design because it would have been a glorious trainwreck that we could look back on and laugh at for years to come. But now, it's just a regular ole forgettable sh*tty movie. Fixing the design was never gonna make this movie that nobody asked for great. It was just a band-aid solution to a gaping wound.

I also hate this beta male cuck perspective I keep seeing going around the internet that we somehow owe it to them to watch the movie now and make it successful because a studio actually listened to us. Dumbest sh*t ever. They saw a box office bomb on their hands due to the unanimous backlash, and did whatever they could to restore faith in a project that exemplifies everything that's wrong with Hollywood and these kind of films.

Why was the design awful to begin with? Seriously, Sonic is one of the easiest properties to adapt into a movie and every Sonic fan knows this, yet Hollywood being Hollywood, doesn't see the appeal in Sonic but understands its nostalgic value and comes up with a generic and cliché plot with a design they think is superior and more marketable because they think they know better about how to make Sonic more appealing to a mass audience, which for some reason, always seems to include alienating your guaranteed audience. But let's go watch this corporately created trash because they changed a character's design.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Someone sounds mighty bitter.

I'm watching it because they redesigned the character but not out of duty to the studio. I wanted to see the movie after the original trailer even though I was super unhappy with how he looked cause Sonic. Duh.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Someone sounds mighty bitter.

I'm watching it because they redesigned the character but not out of duty to the studio. I wanted to see the movie after the original trailer even though I was super unhappy with how he looked cause Sonic. Duh.

Not bitter. People are just stupid for trying to tell people what to watch for misguided reasons they think are going to positively impact Hollywood. We have no obligation to this movie just because they made a desperate decision.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Then don't watch it. You're a big boy. No need to get all bent out of shape just because someone 'told you' to do something, which arguably hasn't even happened. I've seen all the articles about the new Sonic design and I never once saw them as some call to action to see the film simply because a studio listened for once. And to be honest it sounds like you saw this movie in a negative light from the get go so why not do the smart thing and just don't watch it. Even better, stop reading articles and/or watching videos about a film you never wanted to see in the first place. I really don't understand the negativity.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Then don't watch it. You're a big boy. No need to get all bent out of shape just because someone 'told you' to do something, which arguably hasn't even happened. I've seen all the articles about the new Sonic design and I never once saw them as some call to action to see the film simply because a studio listened for once. And to be honest it sounds like you saw this movie in a negative light from the get go so why not do the smart thing and just don't watch it. Even better, stop reading articles and/or watching videos about a film you never wanted to see in the first place. I really don't understand the negativity.

I like movies and I like Sonic, so I'll be as "negative" as I want over something that involves 2 of my hobbies. I didn't attack anyone here, so I don't understand where you get off trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing and insinuating that I'm somehow lying about the comments and memes that I've seen all over my social media feed these past couple of days. Do you need some screenshots or something? You're the one who seems to be bent out of shape with all your assumptions. I'm entitled to rant here. If you don't want to see negativity, well surely you can take your own advice then, but don't tell me I can't voice myself when I don't like something. Which is especially ironic since it was "negativity" that made them change the design in the first place.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh I love the "I can do what I want" argument. It's almost as good as the "it's a free country" argument.:lol:

Tell me about it.

I like movies and I like Sonic, so I'll be as "negative" as I want over something that involves 2 of my hobbies. I didn't attack anyone here, so I don't understand where you get off trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing and insinuating that I'm somehow lying about the comments and memes that I've seen all over my social media feed these past couple of days. Do you need some screenshots or something? You're the one who seems to be bent out of shape with all your assumptions. I'm entitled to rant here. If you don't want to see negativity, well surely you can take your own advice then, but don't tell me I can't voice myself when I don't like something. Which is especially ironic since it was "negativity" that made them change the design in the first place.

Dude you're getting way too defensive about such a moot subject. No I don't have screenshots because why would I? And I wasn't insinuating that you were lying because why would I? I obviously don't care enough to get this angry over a damn piece of media. If my life was so simple that I had the energy to be this angry about a movie I think I'd have a pretty good life, but I have to decide what warrants my energy, and a movie that may or may not suck is not one of those things. So sorry I poked your beehive, have fun having a cow, I'll move along because arguing with you isn't worth my time and energy either.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Tell me about it.

Dude you're getting way too defensive about such a moot subject. No I don't have screenshots because why would I? And I wasn't insinuating that you were lying because why would I? I obviously don't care enough to get this angry over a damn piece of media. If my life was so simple that I had the energy to be this angry about a movie I think I'd have a pretty good life, but I have to decide what warrants my energy, and a movie that may or may not suck is not one of those things. So sorry I poked your beehive, have fun having a cow, I'll move along because arguing with you isn't worth my time and energy either.

You started this argument because it somehow bothered you that I had some strong words regarding a "moot subject," so don't give me that bullsh*t. You chose to come slinging condescending remarks at me but now you're above it? And no, I'm not asking you for screenshots, you're the one who seems to have a problem with the validity of my claim regarding what I seen online. Which is strange considering you assumed I was referring to articles you read or some made up videos I never saw. Call me angry and defensive though, yet some of you seem to have taken what I said personally or simply use it as an excuse to lash out at me, which ain't my problem.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I like the new Sonic for the fact that the criticism of the masses made them go back and change it. I didn't even hate the original design --- just the teeth portion of it. Yikes. I do not know if I will go and see it, but Jim Carrey looked pretty classy in the first few trailers. Sonic needs all the help he can get at this point after years of us and MOSTLY downs.

That meme about the Smash Bros Cinematic Universe going around is clever - but I am lowkey DOWN for some other big name Nintendo movies (Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc.)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I don't think Turo was meaning his original post as an attack to anyone here, he was just stating a general observation. He was just saying that he'd seen certain people on social media with the opinion that we should watch the Sonic movie because the studio changed Sonic's design because they listened to the fans. (Which I too have seen). But I agree with Turo - they didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it because the response to Sonic's design was pretty much unanimously bad, and therefore would affect how well the movie would do. He wasn't saying that people shouldn't see this movie or shouldn't be looking forward to it either, just that he wasn't. I don't think it was aimed at anyone's opinions here, just those people he'd seen on the internet. (@Turo602 , if I'm wrong in this, please correct me).

I'm also a Sonic fan too. I think Sonic's design is way better and I hated the original design they came up with. However, even though they changed the design, I have no interest in this movie. I always hate how characters like Sonic are brought into the human world in such movies and the story is adapted around that. Also, the majority of the time I find Jim Carrey unamusing, and the short clips we saw of him in the trailer just weren't funny in my opinion. The general story seems very underwhelming too, though I admit we can't necessarily judge on that based on the small amount we've seen. The fact that they changed Sonic's design doesn't change that for me.

Also, as KMan said above, it's probably going to suck because most game-based movies don't tend to be that fantastic anyway.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Dear immune system,

I was joking when I said a stomach bug would be a great kickstart for my weightloss program. You can take back the norovirus any time now.

Please.

Like, now.

Regards,

Very Ill Person

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Dear immune system,

I was joking when I said a stomach bug would be a great kickstart for my weightloss program. You can take back the norovirus any time now.

Please.

Like, now.

Regards,

Very Ill Person

Reminds me of how I like to keep a few extra pounds on because my stomach ulcers like to occasionally make me sick and unable to eat much of anything for weeks. Feel better!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lol, it's no secret that I'm a Sonic fan. Sonic and RE are my two favorite game franchises of all time. So I was going to go see the movie regardless (Despite my hatred for Jim Carrey). That said, I'll give the redesign praise. Frankly, I wasn't actually SUPER upset at his design anyway. The biggest issue to me was his lack of gloves. That was all I really wanted fixed. But Man, this does look SO much better. I don't think it's gonna be forgettable. After Detective Pikachu? I've got full faith in this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom