• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
After spending a small fortune on train tickets because of the strike...the strike is over 3 weeks early and I am now poor

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm so mentally tired. My car almost got totaled today because a semi driver misjudged a turn. Had to floor it in reverse and try not to hit the person behind me to avoid him. Then I got turned down for the one job I've been really wanting. Everyone is afraid to hire someone with no experience. I have all the right training and credentials but I can't get experience without having experience. I was hoping to have moved out of my sh!thole apartment by now and I want my husband to be able to get a less stressful job since he worked hard to put me through school. :(

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm so mentally tired. My car almost got totaled today because a semi driver misjudged a turn. Had to floor it in reverse and try not to hit the person behind me to avoid him. Then I got turned down for the one job I've been really wanting. Everyone is afraid to hire someone with no experience. I have all the right training and credentials but I can't get experience without having experience. I was hoping to have moved out of my sh!thole apartment by now and I want my husband to be able to get a less stressful job since he worked hard to put me through school. :(
That's absolute bogus. I'm sorry about the job. But hey...You're in a field that has LOTS of potential right now, so I have zero doubt in my mind that you're gonna find something. If you've got the drive for school, then you've DEFINITELY got the drive to get the hell outta your house and get a new job soon. We believe in you pal :wink:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sorry to hear about the almost accident and the jobs. What I've learned from being turned down for promotions is that something better is behind them. I put in for two promotions at physical labor jobs, went on to work a desk job - which I had a hard time finding one to give me a chance because I had no experience - and got promoted in less than six months.

I can't say for sure but I feel like I'm happier in my current position than I would be in the other two. Something better is waiting for you.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Thanks guys.

I'm sorry to hear about the almost accident and the jobs. What I've learned from being turned down for promotions is that something better is behind them. I put in for two promotions at physical labor jobs, went on to work a desk job - which I had a hard time finding one to give me a chance because I had no experience - and got promoted in less than six months.

I can't say for sure but I feel like I'm happier in my current position than I would be in the other two. Something better is waiting for you.

That's what I've been trying to tell myself. Each rejection means I was at least worth the effort to notify, and at least the one today took the time to call me to reject me, telling me I had missed the position by a hair. And at least my resume is being viewed.

At the end of the day it is still exhausting and frustrating.

Hopefully after the first of the year I will finally get some good news, I could really use it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
…I have lost all faith in America. Not because of Trump, or Pence, or liberals, or…How Hollywood keeps remaking good movies and making them sh*t. But because I’m Listening to some World War II stories, and as we all know Nazis had an obsession with the occult. Which is fine. What I did NOT know, is they bought a f*ckin CASTLE with a CRYSTAL ROOM, for when they found the f*ckin HOLY GRAIL! When you’re mid war with…ya know, the world, and you’re sending dudes out to look for God’s dishes, how did America not be like, “Ok, were gonna wrap this up before breakfast, and if I may be so bold as to say, make them do the dishes afterwards since they seem to really like cups.”

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Merry Christmas y'all.

hqdefault.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hope everyone had a great Christmas/seasonal holiday of choice/Wednesday

Currently on the train and thinking that some people talk really loudly about anything and everything. I now know everything I never wanted to know about Macy's operation on her toe next week, the latest football stats for Aston Villa, the state of someone's ears after an earring allergy and how much some other guy drank before failing to put his trousers on properly.

All in a broad yam yam accent *shudders*

Top Bottom