• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Currently thinking about how effing awkward and nervous I am. I still stumble over my words when talking to friends and family. It suuuuucks.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, the dialogue in THIS anime hasn’t aged well XD
original.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is still a little bit early Angel! I don't know how it usually goes in your distant land, but here in New York, most people don't start the decorations until after Thanksgiving which occurs on the last Thursday in November.

I'd love to start decorating the house myself, but I am still preparing the house (moved in in November).

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't celebrate Christmas. One could imagine how old listening to Christmas music gets working in a grocery store where they start playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving lol.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't celebrate Christmas. One could imagine how old listening to Christmas music gets working in a grocery store where they start playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving lol.
I celebrate Christmas and I'm already sick of Christmas music! There are certain songs I still like to hear but I really dislike the "Christmas music on the first day of November" and "24/ hour Christmas music from Thanksgiving on."

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It is still a little bit early Angel! I don't know how it usually goes in your distant land, but here in New York, most people don't start the decorations until after Thanksgiving which occurs on the last Thursday in November.

I'd love to start decorating the house myself, but I am still preparing the house (moved in in November).
I'm crazy about Christmas - bordering on slightly unhinged. I usually have the tree up before October is over, if I'm honest.

To be this far into November and not be covered in tinsel feels like heresy...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm crazy about Christmas - bordering on slightly unhinged. I usually have the tree up before October is over, if I'm honest.

To be this far into November and not be covered in tinsel feels like heresy...
I'm with you on this one. I go batty for the Christmas season. The magic in the air. The music. The crowds bustling. The Lights. I'm ready for ALL of it the day after Halloween.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
In response to getting the El Gigante Slayer site award:

"First I want to thank @Steve and @Angel for making all of this possible by creating and maintaining such an amazing forum for all of us to enjoy.

I'd also like to thank the little people. You made all of this possible and I couldn't have done it without you. A special thank you to @KennedyKiller who was kind enough to give me that last push in the What Are You Watching thread and acted as my 4,000th like.

Finally I'd like to thank myself for creating such awesome posts.

You like me! You really, really like me!"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In response to getting the El Gigante Slayer site award:

"First I want to thank @Steve and @Angel for making all of this possible by creating and maintaining such an amazing forum for all of us to enjoy.

I'd also like to thank the little people. You made all of this possible and I couldn't have done it without you. A special thank you to @KennedyKiller who was kind enough to give me that last push in the What Are You Watching thread and acted as my 4,000th like.

Finally I'd like to thank myself for creating such awesome posts.

You like me! You really, really like me!"
Thanking little 'ol me? Why, you're too kind.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
How does one even get more likes than comments? Y'all are posting too much good content where I am just flooding my thoughts on to your poor souls.

But ANYWAY - Congratulations!
Someday, I wish to be half as liked as you Ms. Magnolia.

I understand. I have a 3/4 like ratio lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with it. But yea, I'm pretty sure just throwing a bunch of comments out there isn't a good way to even out your ratio.

CT: Death Stranding is so good. I'm near the end now and the story actually brought me to tears a couple days ago. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
How does one even get more likes than comments? Y'all are posting too much good content where I am just flooding my thoughts on to your poor souls.

But ANYWAY - Congratulations!
Someday, I wish to be half as liked as you Ms. Magnolia.
I was thinking the same thing the other day but its not really a big deal. There's no secret formula.... or is there? :p

Apparently I have a slightly above 50/50 ratio.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I had a lovely time at the wedding I mentioned a couple of weeks back. The venue was beautiful, my friend looked amazing and the party and food were really good. There were a couple of small hitches (like the music skipping and stopping as I walked down the aisle - I was stood still for around ten second and then decided to go back because the music wasn't coming back on. Luckily, I walked down before the bride so this didn't happen to her, but we had to wait a good five minutes for the coordinator to find a different stereo :rolleyes:). But in all, it was a truly wonderful day.

However, bridesmaidzilla spoiled the day slightly for me. I think I mentioned bridesmaidzilla in a previous post too. She was a nightmare on the hen do (bachelorette party), and she was even worse on the day of the wedding.

The bride has been one of my best friends for 22 years. I don't know if this made the other bridesmaid feel like she had to try and outdo me, as she hadn't even known the bride a year. She literally barely left the bride's side; every single little thing that the bride needed, she was doing, and I barely got a look in.

She was incredibly rude to the bride's father. She'd never met him before. When their parents arrived, we had to get the bride's dress upstairs so no one could see it. We were asking the men to go to the bar while we did so. We walked over. I said hi, asked how they were, etc. Bridesmaidzilla took a totally different approach: she pointed her finger in the father of the bride's face, and said 'You need to go to the bar and order the first round'. When he came to collect his daughter to walk her down the aisle, the bride wasn't quite ready. As soon as I opened the door and let him in, she said very rudely and bossily, 'You can't come in here', to which the bride's father muttered, 'Well, you can f*ck off'.

Way to make a good impression... :rolleyes:

Every photograph we took, she made sure that she was next to the bride, meaning I was always on the outside, next to bridesmaidzilla. She also tried to get in quite a few family photos, at which one point the bride's brother actually told her to f*ck off too.

At one point the bride's veil got caught on a chair, and when I quickly ran forward to unhook it, I was literally pushed aside by bridesmaidzilla, who unhooked it for her. The bride had quite a long train on her dress and it would get caught around chairs. Several people tried to help her with this a few times, including the bride's sister in law and myself. When we both tried to help, she literally tugged the dress out of our hands and ran off after my friend. The bride struggled to sit down a few times in her dress, and both times bridesmaidzilla actually pushed the bride's father aside to help.

The bride got sick of her veil at the reception and wanted it taking out, though she wanted her hair in the same style and the comb from the veil to stay in her hair. Her hairdresser was a close family friend and was attending the wedding, so he was helping her, and bridesmaidzilla's hand was there the whole time trying to help. Then the bride's mother and the hairdresser were to go up to the bridal suite and help her redo her hair. They couldn't find the bride, and so thought she must have gone to the suite ahead of them. When they got to the suite, the bride walked out along with - yep, you guessed it - bridesmaidzilla, who had already fixed the hair. The mother had to put the veil in the room, and bridesmaidzilla actually held the door open so that she could keep the key to the room after the mother was done (which the bride's mother wasn't having any of - she told her she wanted the key).

I'm aware that this post is already humongous, so I'm not going to go on too much longer, but these are just a few of the occasions where she was an absolute pain. The worst part was that she left without saying goodbye or thank you to the bride's parents for all they'd done for her that weekend.

All of the bride's family hated her, too. I did get a little satisfaction that they said to me that I'd sit with them on the family table at the reception and they'd buy all of my drinks for me, which I didn't actually let them do. (They told me that also didn't extend that to the other bridesmaid because she was being a nightmare). They also told me that they all thought bridesmaidzilla was a d*ck to me.

I thought these types of people only existed in movies; guess I was wrong. But it was a lovely day and I had a lot of fun.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Jen Wow...That was incredibly fun to read. I mean, I'm sorry that you had to endure this malignant tumor's existence, but at least it made for great entertainment. And the family making sure you eat at their table? Oh man. That's a Smash Bros Master Hand sized slap in the face to this gal. Thank you for this story my friend XD

CT: I have finally done it. In January I set out to watch 100 Anime in a Year, and as of last night, I completed it! It was a super freakin' fun experience, and it helped me gain WAY more knowledge on the medium, that I thought I already had a pretty good grasp on.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen Wow...That was incredibly fun to read. I mean, I'm sorry that you had to endure this malignant tumor's existence, but at least it made for great entertainment. And the family making sure you eat at their table? Oh man. That's a Smash Bros Master Hand sized slap in the face to this gal. Thank you for this story my friend XD

CT: I have finally done it. In January I set out to watch 100 Anime in a Year, and as of last night, I completed it! It was a super freakin' fun experience, and it helped me gain WAY more knowledge on the medium, that I thought I already had a pretty good grasp on.
@Jen Wow she sounds like a total nightmare alright. I don't even know her but just from reading that, I feel like telling her to f*ck off too :lol:
Honestly, a more exhausting person I have never met. :lol:

Top Bottom