• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just saw A Quiet Place Part II last night for my first trip back to the theater in over a year after being fully-vaccinated (it's great to be back, YAY!), not as good as the first, but still pretty good. I like how this one actually has dialog, which was a breath of fresh air from the first movie. As cool a framing device as it was the first time around, I struggle to not see that getting repetitive throughout a possible movie trilogy/saga. Emily Blunt was great as usual, I also really dug Cillian Murphy's character.

There was great tension to boot. The
train corpse scene
startled me.

I've also been watching a bunch of Sonic X episodes on YouTube, this show is quite disappointing. It has way too much Chris, who's a shallow and annoying human character, and not enough Sonic and Co. (same complaint I and so many others have with the Bayformers movies) and Eggman is underutilized, using the same traps and schemes throughout the several seasons (he uses robots that are easily destroyed). It also doesn't have enough Knuckles, who goes several episodes in between appearances at some points, and the English voice actors are annoying. On the plus side, though, it does provide context for how Knuckles keeps falling for Eggman's lies in the games. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 5 times?

And I will also say: it's better than The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, which is awful.
This is gonna sound like a stereotypical weeb thing to say, but it's legit true. Watch the uncensored Japanese version of Sonic X with subs. The show isn't AMAZING, but it's notably better. Especially in the Metarex saga.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Saw The Wrath of Man the other night. I thought it was a decent action flick. A bit predictable of course but loved seeing some familiar faces, like Josh Hartnett, pop up throughout.

madzia

How to Get Away with Murder. A series about law students and their mentor. Students are said to be involved in a murder by accident and trying to avoid punishment. The series is brilliant, a lot is going on and every time I have the thought "okay, just one more episode and it's over" and then I go to sleep at 4 am because I can't tear myself away. After season 1, I was afraid that the series would not become boring, but none of these things;) If someone likes this subject, I heartily recommend it. In addition to the frenetic action, I like the visible change of some heroes. Unsure of themselves at first, they don't really know what to do, and then they start winning cases and not in such legal ways as it might seem.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I just started Sweet Tooth and I have to say, I love it. A lot of it is a little cliche and sometimes, a little bit ridiculous, but overall, it is charming and exhilarating. I hope to finish it tonight and see where the story continues to go!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just saw F9 on Saturday, holy cow, what a mess. I liked F5-8 and even enjoyed Hobbs & Shaw to a degree, but this one was pure garbage. Eyerollingly-stupid stunts that threw all believability and stakes out the window, plot holes, dumb gags and some wooden acting, and before anyone says "but bruh, the Fast movies have always had ridiculous stunts", F5-8 at least had SOME fragments of believability in them. I could "buy" that Dom could send a car from one tower to the next in Furious 7 if he was going fast enough, this movie has no such suspension of disbelief for any of its stunts. Guys in the back of my theater were actually laughing when
a car was caught by a jet with magnets.

And countless others like this one (worse even) in just the first 5 minutes. There's so much mindblowingly-stupid sh!t in this movie, I'm actually convinced these guys could take down Cthulhu.

Oh and:

a car in space.

'Nuf f*cking 'sed.

P.S., who's bright idea was it to make the Jurassic World: Dominion trailer an IMAX exclusive for F9? IMAX showings weren't even playing for me, so I didn't even have the option of paying up for it. 'Preciate it.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Recently started watching True Detective and what a first season. I’m on the last two episodes and the suspense and acting have been phenomenal.
Will probably binge a bunch of Matthew McConaughey flicks after this.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Watched the lastest Loki episode last night...I'm just not feeling it as a show. It's feels low budget, try-hard and just, well, dumb.

I'm not intrigued, I'm not invested and the only reason I'm sticking with it is because ocd (that and the possibility of it becoming some canon thing that I need to be aware of in order to enjoy future marvel films). I'm kind of hoping it will get better, but right now it just raises so many continuity questions for me, aside from everything else.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's been over a decade since I've seen The Spectacular Spider-Man and I just finished watching it on Blu-Ray. What a goddamn shame they never got to continue the show and see it through. So many loose threads they never got to follow up on.

It was such a comprehensive take on the Spider-Man mythos, which will never ever be done again without shoehorning modern day nonsense like the MCU or Miles Morales. This show reminded me why Spider-Man is one of my absolute favorite superheroes and all the cliffhangers have just left me so unsatisfied but intrigued enough to want to continue down the Spider-Man rabbit hole.

Seriously considering picking up some Spider-Man books, but I wouldn't know where to start. Might start watching the 90s animated series next on Disney+, and finally wrap up the PS4 game by starting up the third DLC. I just need more pictures of Spider-Man!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I did something truly daring last night... I watched the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre (hence the spelling) while eating my dinner last night. Yes, I was prepared to throw up in my mouth, I guess it's just that damn good that I'll watch it anywhere, anytime, especially come Halloween season, it truly is a horror classic. The dinner scene is easily one of the most memorable, and outright disturbing moments in horror history. The characters are all kinda throwaway, but the masterfully-done horror kinda makes up for it. The zooming in on Sally's petrified eyes was a unique shot never before seen or duplicated and it really helped capture the intensity of the scene.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Rewatching Men in Black, and can we all appreciate how great Danny Eflman's score is in this film?? When did he lose his touch...I'm gonna guess it's when Tim Burton bent him over the table for like, the 18th time...a man can only take so much...
Watched the lastest Loki episode last night...I'm just not feeling it as a show. It's feels low budget, try-hard and just, well, dumb.

I'm not intrigued, I'm not invested and the only reason I'm sticking with it is because ocd (that and the possibility of it becoming some canon thing that I need to be aware of in order to enjoy future marvel films). I'm kind of hoping it will get better, but right now it just raises so many continuity questions for me, aside from everything else.
I haven't even started it...I watched WandaVision. it was...ok I guess? Haven't watched any others. I'm not a huge fan of the MCU as it is, and while I think Hiddleston is a fine actor, I just don't care for his Loki. Never really have. Glad to know that, at least from your perspective, I'm not missing much...

It's been over a decade since I've seen The Spectacular Spider-Man and I just finished watching it on Blu-Ray. What a goddamn shame they never got to continue the show and see it through. So many loose threads they never got to follow up on.

It was such a comprehensive take on the Spider-Man mythos, which will never ever be done again without shoehorning modern day nonsense like the MCU or Miles Morales. This show reminded me why Spider-Man is one of my absolute favorite superheroes and all the cliffhangers have just left me so unsatisfied but intrigued enough to want to continue down the Spider-Man rabbit hole.

Seriously considering picking up some Spider-Man books, but I wouldn't know where to start. Might start watching the 90s animated series next on Disney+, and finally wrap up the PS4 game by starting up the third DLC. I just need more pictures of Spider-Man!
I never watched Spectacular Spider-Man. I love the 90's series and Ultimate Spider-Man, but by the time I found out about Spectacular, between all the movies, cartoons, and comic reboots, I just couldn't bring myself to do ANOTHER iteration of my favorite hero that would change the mythos all over again. Is it really that worth watching?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I never watched Spectacular Spider-Man. I love the 90's series and Ultimate Spider-Man, but by the time I found out about Spectacular, between all the movies, cartoons, and comic reboots, I just couldn't bring myself to do ANOTHER iteration of my favorite hero that would change the mythos all over again. Is it really that worth watching?
Any fan of Spider-Man should watch it, IMO. I loved the 90s Spider-Man but I was never really a fan of Ultimate Spider-Man. I tried giving it a shot because I was watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes at the time and even though Ultimate Spider-Man would become part of that universe, it was actually originally meant to be Spectacular Spider-Man. I think I even remember hearing that Josh Keaton had done the VA for the crossover episode before they replaced him with that pedophile.

My biggest gripe with Spectacular Spider-Man back in the day was its stylized and simplistic art style though. These days, I don't really mind it much and actually find it quite charming in the same way I found something like The Wind Waker to be charming despite being completely different than anything in the series til that point.

Some people refer to it as the Batman: The Animated Series of Spider-Man. I personally wouldn't go that far, but I mean, it did sort of set out to be that and if it had completed its run, I think I might've agreed.

Like I said before, it's just such a comprehensive take on the character that just gets and respects all the classic material. I would constantly look up characters, even the most minor and irrelevant characters while I was watching the show, and sure enough, without fail, they were always someone from the comics.

It was all very well thought out and they were constantly planting seeds for future story arcs and it was all just generally very well written. The way story arcs came together and how everything always came back to Peter in some way or another was just simply everything I love about the character put to screen.

I just hate how there's this giant void left after watching it though because it just gets you so invested in what's happening next, but Sony/Disney just completely f*cked it all up and somehow we ended up getting Ultimate Spider-Man instead...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Any fan of Spider-Man should watch it, IMO. I loved the 90s Spider-Man but I was never really a fan of Ultimate Spider-Man. I tried giving it a shot because I was watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes at the time and even though Ultimate Spider-Man would become part of that universe, it was actually originally meant to be Spectacular Spider-Man. I think I even remember hearing that Josh Keaton had done the VA for the crossover episode before they replaced him with that pedophile.

My biggest gripe with Spectacular Spider-Man back in the day was its stylized and simplistic art style though. These days, I don't really mind it much and actually find it quite charming in the same way I found something like The Wind Waker to be charming despite being completely different than anything in the series til that point.

Some people refer to it as the Batman: The Animated Series of Spider-Man. I personally wouldn't go that far, but I mean, it did sort of set out to be that and if it had completed its run, I think I might've agreed.

Like I said before, it's just such a comprehensive take on the character that just gets and respects all the classic material. I would constantly look up characters, even the most minor and irrelevant characters while I was watching the show, and sure enough, without fail, they were always someone from the comics.

It was all very well thought out and they were constantly planting seeds for future story arcs and it was all just generally very well written. The way story arcs came together and how everything always came back to Peter in some way or another was just simply everything I love about the character put to screen.

I just hate how there's this giant void left after watching it though because it just gets you so invested in what's happening next, but Sony/Disney just completely f*cked it all up and somehow we ended up getting Ultimate Spider-Man instead...
Well you've sold me

Murderer Enshrined

I just got done watching Man vs. Food. Adam Richman killed five bowls of nuclear fire chili to win a challenge, but it actually looked like the chili was killing him. I thought it was funny when he said, "Anything that hot should not be called chili.".

But I just got through thinking, if you eat that much super hot chili, and you get fiery diarrhea, should it be called fiarrhea?

Murderer Enshrined

Anybody like Shark Week?

I don't.

7TEqLf9W_o.gif

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do, but I have also read a few books on sharks both historical and fiction. I have read most of the Meg series and I thought the movie was OKAY, but not really great considering there were so many strange changes between the book and the movie that did not seem to add value? I still look forward to a sequel though!

Top Bottom