• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Which Original Scenario Pair Do You Prefer?

Which original scenario pair do you prefer?

• Claire A/Leon B

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Leon A/Claire B

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

I never got to play original RE 2 back in the day. I've put countless hours into the Remake.
But I know scenarios differ more in the original game. So it makes me wonder, which scenario pair do you prefer strictly in the original RE 2?

D

Deleted member 21244

I never got to play original RE 2 back in the day. I've put countless hours into the Remake.
But I know scenarios differ more in the original game. So it makes me wonder, which scenario pair do you prefer strictly in the original RE 2?
Claire A/Leon b is my favorite, especially leon b scenario
Also claire A/leon b is the canonical scenario

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like them both tbh, RE2 original is just barely under CVX as my favorite in the franchise. I just picked one but I like them both equally. I find the original story to be better and the A/B scenario content is richer, if that makes sense. There is much more to experience. So I like them both.

Murrdogg93

I like them both tbh, RE2 original is just barely under CVX as my favorite in the franchise. I just picked one but I like them both equally. I find the original story to be better and the A/B scenario content is richer, if that makes sense. There is much more to experience. So I like them both.
I noticed in watching the original that they seemingly made events more scenario based than character based.

Remake made the events much more character based. By that I mean things like Leon always fighting super tyrant regardless of scenario. Or Claire beating Leon through the lab to the end, regardless of scenario.

Meaning Claire A/Leon B is the only pair that makes any sense in the Remake. Because the A character is always ahead of the B character, as noted by memos you can find. For example, since Leon breaks the balcony ladder, regardless of scenario, it wouldn't make sense for Claire to be there after Leon since it's still intact for her.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Claire A/Leon B. Not only is it canon, I like that Leon has interactions with Sherry before the end of the game, brief as they are

D

Deleted member 21244

I noticed in watching the original that they seemingly made events more scenario based than character based.

Remake made the events much more character based. By that I mean things like Leon always fighting super tyrant regardless of scenario. Or Claire beating Leon through the lab to the end, regardless of scenario.

Meaning Claire A/Leon B is the only pair that makes any sense in the Remake. Because the A character is always ahead of the B character, as noted by memos you can find. For example, since Leon breaks the balcony ladder, regardless of scenario, it wouldn't make sense for Claire to be there after Leon since it's still intact for her.
Also in the remake leon find the g virus location opened by claire whit Sherry s pendant so it make sense to play claire A first...

But in the end the remake dosent make any sense at all, because you fight the same boss in the same area in the same way, Annette dies in two different ways as did the tyrant...

Claire A/leon b make a bit more sense but the whole story make no sense

Murrdogg93

Also in the remake leon find the g virus location opened by claire whit Sherry s pendant so it make sense to play claire A first...

But in the end the remake dosent make any sense at all, because you fight the same boss in the same area in the same way, Annette dies in two different ways as did the tyrant...

Claire A/leon b make a bit more sense but the whole story make no sense
The original game has similar plot issues. They have do over things the previous character already did. So they figured it didn't matter if they did that in the Remake.

D

Deleted member 21244

The original game has similar plot issues. They have do over things the previous character already did. So they figured it didn't matter if they did that in the Remake.
But the original dosent have plot hole like the remake, in gameplay sometimes in the original you do the same thing but most of the times you do different puzzle, all the boss are different, and there are also many new area in the b scenario, and the story is consistent in the original while the remake isn't

1995umk3

Claire A then Leon B for shure. Better gameplay/story/everything.

Claire B is just harder and it wasn't as good to me as Claire A.

Leon A though is ok... but Leon B is the way to go or go home.

Awebb

I prefer Claire A/Leon A, the hypothetical scenario, where they just actually met in the RPD and decided not to split up. The remake handles this relatively well, though.

1995umk3

I mostly play the B one because you get to hear the intro music for tyrant @ 13secs

The music when you are fighting him is really something you would download in you're mp3 player... its nice.

ESPOMAN

I like Claire A Leon B more. I think Irons has a better death in Claire A and I think it makes more sense that when you are first in the sewer with Sherry that you see Birkin instead of Mr. X. I will say that I like Ada's last scene in Leon A a lot where the guy is not loaded. Also Sherry being infected makes the story in Claire A Leon B better.

TRCMods

Clair A Leon B just makes more sense. Birkin is Sherries father so he should be Clair's biggest problem with Leon and Ada dealing with the other guy. Also Ada's "death" is much cooler in Leon's B game.

Murderer Enshrined

I prefer playing as Claire, because she gets the grenade launcher. And I found that weapon to be a very powerful and useful weapon. But, also, because the females in Resident Evil simply tend to be better characters to play as. The males always come off as all brawn and no brains. Whereas the females tend to be very smart, very cleaver, very crafty, as well as being good at fighting, and good with weapons. So, they're essentially the whole package.

Anyway, here's a video I found on youtube I thought you guys might like:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I do agree that RE tends to give the male characters more macho, brawny roles compared to their female counterparts. I guess I never really thought of it that way. But I always focus on which story and locations I like better when it comes to these types of questions. EXCEPT when it comes to the first REmake. It is purposefully harder to use Chris as a character even though I like using Rebecca a lot.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Does Claire move faster? That is the only real consideration for me when it comes to the difficulty spectrum of the games.

If Claire can move faster, that final battle against Mr. X with his full mutation would be slightly easier, since it is mostly about dodging him. That is easily the most tense part of that game, but I usually do it as Leon so I can see what I consider to be the canon ending.

Ikawaru

But I honestly like Leon B for the story. He gets an epic scene with Ada near the end and for me, just loved how Leon screams her name in absolute despair.
This. Also it is canon and just feels more appropriate.

Beginners are more likely to do Leon A/ Claire B first, and I think Capcom anticipated that so you get the true chain of events down the line.

Ridley Lockhart

Same, i can't really decide so i just cast my vote LeonA/ClaireB. I believe that's the way i played it first.

Playing Claire A almost makes sense because only in the A scenario do you actually talk to Marvin, in which he brings up Chris and S.T.A.R.S., which would make sense for Claire to be A. Then again i almost preferred Leon fighting William Birkin and G with Claire dealing with Mr. X. Also don't you only encounter Chief Irons on the B scenario?

Either way i like them equally.

Top Bottom