• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Blue Umbrella and the Fall of the BSAA

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
So, I did not personally read the full Dulvey Report, but APPARENTLY, it gives us a lot of information when coupled with the events of Village that shows us the possible future of the series. It also explains what Blue Umbrella is and why Chris was working for them.

Here is a quick synopsis:

After the fall of Umbrella, the company was reformed and allowed to continue to exist if they donated their fortune and time to fixing Biohazard issues across the globe under the supervision of the United Nations. So, they formed Blue Umbrella to exist in some form or capacity. Blue Umbrella was mainly responsible for going in to outbreak and infection areas to resolve any potential further issues. However, they were no longer allowed to have their own military (because private companies cant do that in real life too), so the UCBS and their own USS were disbanded.

This causes a huge issue, because Blue Umbrella consisted mostly of business people and researchers, so they would have to go in to dangerous situations without any protection or ability to defend themselves. The answer? Team up with the BSAA. The BSAA could offer the ability to protect the researchers/rescue teams WHILE watching the members of the newly formed Blue Umbrella. This is how Chris got involved and was the perfect candidate to help out during the Dulvey Incident, since he was a part of the BSAA and had a history with Umbrella.

However, despite the outside intentions of Blue Umbrella, they still had remnants of old Umbrella inside and began to take control of parts of the BSAA and corrupt them from the inside. Eventually, Chris and some key members of the BSAA assumedly got tired of the corruption and went rogue leading up to the finale of Village where Chris and the wolf pack operate independently of the BSAA. And that is when they find out that the BSAA allowed Bioweapons to do their grunt work... which is assumed to be a result of Blue Umbrella working inside of their operation.

There may be more, but I thought this tied a lot of the stories together in a much more satisfactory way than before.

Did I get this all correct? Am I missing information? Either way, I approve and look forward to Resident Evil 9.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I assumed that the BSAA were fully involved in Dulvey and were under the guise of Blue Umbrella to conceal themselves.

In Village the BSAA seem to not really care to show invovlement since they literally have BOWs with the BSAA emblem and equipment says BSAA all over them. Only the med injectors seem to have the Blue Umbrella logo on top.

Its a shame such a substantially important file was literally paywalled too.

Even though Turos comment was pretty funny, its unfortunately going to be accurate.
Resident evil has this trend since re4 to only voice dialogue of snippy one liners and sarcasm. Plot related info and lore are all read or retroactively added in online statements.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I forgot it was actually paywalled - which is unfortunate. I did buy the version that has it, but still have not read it in its entirety. I am sure that I am missing a lot more information about this.

But I think youre right Roxas - it seems like the BSAA will be the focal enemy of the future as a medium for the remainder of the Umbrella Corporation. There is a lot of information about a man named Brandon Bailey and his connection with Umbrella in its heyday and now, The Connections. Capcom has a lot of loose threads to pull from at least for the next installment.

RipvanX

I can't wait for this to be explored in some files in RE9 while we play as Rose on her first astronaut mission to the moon where Umbrella REALLY started.

1WV0WuYY5z1NN-9Jn4LHaKCIfjaKcV1YMVOhcUxS_cwgIJWlnxZqLemm3nC-yeICDwXMblnmtDolccRpP1ZGv3Ql3NSl1SgVk9Ppzx2xRGZdcH3EKDCbG9t3FPfCycx8GHskvZP06yjoVmfsWZpIRPyP-LNgzfve1c4

Hardware

The future of Blue Umbrella depends on wether the coin tossed in the Capcom offices lands on head or tail. If it's head, we might see them again. If it's tail, it will be like they never existed.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It REALLY seems like they are going somewhere with it... but we are awaiting the return of Alex Wesker. And there about a dozen loose other storylines. My hope is that Revelations 3 comes out some time in 2022-23 to wrap up some of these stories and then we get RE IX in 2024? Finish SOMETHING Capcom!

RipvanX

Last time they tried to finish anything was RE5 and they are regretting it to this day. Wesker was a money maker and Capcom took their prized bull to the slaughterhouse. No villian is going to quite scratch that itch. Alex was a good candidate but she’s basically gone, grown up Natalia won’t be the same.

Hardware

Last time they tried to finish anything was RE5 and they are regretting it to this day. Wesker was a money maker and Capcom took their prized bull to the slaughterhouse. No villian is going to quite scratch that itch. Alex was a good candidate but she’s basically gone, grown up Natalia won’t be the same.
I sort of agree on 5 - even though I like the fact they tried to wrap things up...had they done things right with RE4 (it being about Umbrella's downfall and the rise of the rival organization), they could've probably had enough material for the next 2\3 games. I didn't like Alex at all - she felt like they didn't know what to do without Albert and so they came up with his sort-of sister.

I am afraid the lore is screwed beyond repair. Village was the last nail in the coffin. I don't really care what they do next - I am still going to play the games because avoiding them it's harder and I need an hobby, just like I used to do about 10 years ago in the time of RE6 and the Revelations games, but my real love for the series, which got revamped with RE2make, has frozen once more. Thank you, Capcom.

Top Bottom