• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Collecting

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The death of the CD was the Death of Music. I used to have Records, Cassettes, CD's, the whole 9. It was so great to have a physical thing to hold and put in a music player of sorts. But...That era's gone. Oh well...
Yes, and I appreciated the paper thing that was inside the cover, often with lyrics or other content. And the artwork. With a digital file I can start it and google lyrics and images but it's not the same.

I like Youtube but it requires a good connection and sometimes just the music is what I want. I wish I had a large hi-fi stereo system that was common in the digital stone age. When I say large I mean a full size thing on wheels with an old fashioned vinyl player on the top. But modern enough to have a CD player as well as dual cassette players.

Classic looking gold or silver colored Pioneer with analog gauges, or a black Technics with dozens of buttons with blue light diodes on them. I think I take the Technics.
I have a lot of cassettes, CDs and also many vinyl records in my collection, this is what I wish I could play it on. :smile:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I like Youtube but it requires a good connection and sometimes just the music is what I want. I wish I had a large hi-fi stereo system that was common in the digital stone age. When I say large I mean a full size thing on wheels with an old fashioned vinyl player on the top. But modern enough to have a CD player as well as dual cassette players.
I'm not sure about where you live, but here these are dime a dozen at garage sales or craigslist or whatever.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I don't like taking pictures of my collection because I know I get new acquistions every few days, it's addictive when you can walk down the road to a charity shop with movies for $1.

303OJiT.png

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
When I was a kid I collected penguins soft toys (no idea why) and I went through a phase of collecting the ringpulls off of cans when I was about 13. I ended up with 3000 of them and I have no clue why I did it. I think I'm a collector (read: hoarder) by nature and I can get obsessive, so I don't allow myself to get too attached to one sort of thing or another.

That said, I have a huge book collection which used to take up six floor to ceiling shelves. Near enough 400 or so books, but we ran out of space to store anything else so I had to bite the bullet and donate loads to charity. It was horrible.

As a family we have a lot of games and DVDs/Blu-ray's, enough to fill 7 book shelves, and I also have a small collection of OOAK sculpts by a member of our DMC forum, one of which is a custom made Totoro.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Books! To collect books is the same as collecting knowledge, without going through the burden of stacking it inside your head. Books looks a lot nicer outside your head too....

I have a a few shelves with books but not as many as Angel. :smile: The books I have are fact oriented (a lot of history), you won't find many novels in my shelves but there may be a few.
I don't find time to read most of them but having them on shelves makes me look smart. :geek: :razz:

I have collected more silly things too, like low value coins and car registration numbers.

In games I'm more of a hardcore hoarder, I often end up gathering a lot more resources than I need (what it is depends on the game, it can be ammo or something else).

Ann_39

I collect handfans, music boxes and trinket boxes. Would LOVE to start an insect collection in the future. When I have the time.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
On the subject of books, the only place I have to put them is in my closet on the shelving (which, how sad is that), and I just ran out of room. I have a whole hell of a lot of Stephen King first editions and big Treasury collections for the likes of Calvin and Hobbes taking up much of the space in there, but I've also got Philip K. Dick, Poe, Twain, etc. as well.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have slowly been stalking each and every member here and collecting your collective DNA to make clones of you. Does that count as collecting?

PS - Don't ask what I will use the clones for. Better to just forget I said anything, really.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have slowly been stalking each and every member here and collecting your collective DNA to make clones of you. Does that count as collecting?

PS - Don't ask what I will use the clones for. Better to just forget I said anything, really.
Good. The world could use more of me. Make as many as you want. For whatever purpose.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I really love this thread idea!

I used to be a big DVD collector before the MovieStop near me went out of business. I'd always buy a stack of movies whenever I went in there becasue you just couldn't beat the price. Since they've closed up shop though, I don't buy too many DVDs unless I know I really like the film.

About a year ago I got big into collecting toys and figures of my favorite movie/television/video game characters. I would say the majority of my collection consists of Alien and Predator merchandise (maybe 85% - 90%). It all began with me receiving my first Alien Funko Pop figure for Christmas a few years back, and you can't just have one. I have learned to be selective with the Funkos though and have also slightly lost interest in them. In the last year I branched into purchasing other figures. The quirkier the better. I love any chibi styled figure and really enjoy Titans and Good Smile Company (even though Good Smile is a bit overpriced). I've also purchased a few retro figures. Mistakes have been made however and there are a few figures that I regret purchasing. Despite that, there are some that I bsolutely adore, some of my favorite figures being from HeroCross.

Herocross
s55yHL8.jpg

5DKlbW5.jpg

6YmVUH8.jpg

I feel compelled to share this little guy with you all! :lol:
rlohVCO.jpg

OK... I'm slightly embarrassed for these next ones... I recently discovered Hasbro's Star Wars Forces of Destiny dolls and I think they are of great quality, especially considering the price I paid. Frankly I think they are visually appealing and nicely detailed. And if you've ever seen any other doll version of Princess Leia, you've probably noticed how masculine she looks for some unexplainable reason.

I bought 5 different ones and 2 dolls were literally only $5 each and then Endor Leia was $12. The other two were slightly pricier than the rest but within reason and I couldn't pass them up! :biggrin:
DExlA7Q.jpg
vTkMRz2.jpg

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've got a decent collection of dvds, games and music CDs from over the years. But since the majority of stuff has gone digital, I mostly buy digital now. Oh and t-shirts, I've got loads of t-shirts from my favourite bands and games etc. :biggrin:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Oh neat!
Were you a participant in the Pokemon World Championships? I have never played competitive but I am pretty active battling on PokemonShowdown, but I am pretty garbage still. haha

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Feel free to brag away if you want Martin. Bragging is good to a degree. Overbragging is douchey of course. haha.

When I moved in to college, I gave all of my old games to my brother to restart my collection so it is smaller now. Could've been great though!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Nice Ninjamaster - This looks literally like my game library over the years. You guys are all really dedicated gamers! Love it.

Top Bottom