• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Conor McGregor is the new champ!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Yeah I saw this live too, Conor has a very dangerous striking. I was actually rooting for Aldo because he is more humble and respectable. Chris got beaten badly as well.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I was rooting for Aldo as well - not a huge McGregor fan because the cockiness is a bit too obnoxious but there's no denying his skill and power. I do hope the UFC gives Aldo a rematch though - you can't let him go down in 13 seconds after the career he's had. But who knows.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ayee, The secret to being Champion is to never lossee!!

I watched as well, Wow.. before I say all this stuff I got to say, I wanna clarify Coner trains f-ing hard. He might look small and be a featherweight but holy crap he probably has less then 10% body fat, This dude is made of muscle and he ain't wobbling he's dancing. So lemme begin my rant... Because I've been keeping tabs on this dude for awhile.

If anyone has seen all the post-fight footage of Coner mouthing off to Aldo.. or better referring to it as breaking Aldo before the fight begun you'd know Coner used mind games to help him win the fight. It's all on youtube all this post fight stuff. He won the fight before it even started. The art of fighting without fighting It's all drums and tambourines demoralising your opponent into nothing, utilising fear to crush spirit. I'm not saying Aldo was afraid but it's all contributing factors. There was a lot of TV shows and interviews where the two fighters had to spend time around each other and Coner used every chance he got to antagonise Aldo, he would sit there and insult him, making jokes about Aldo while the audience laughed.. this is all in front of Aldo... While there in the same room... It takes a lot to rise above that when your a proud fighter. Im not a expert and those two ain't friends but Coner was bullying this dude for months and months before the fight even started... He once told Aldo to "Come and sit on my lap" One of his first fights in the UFC Aldo came to watch and Coner jumped the cage and ran over to Aldo after he won and that's when it all started.. The trash talking and demoralisation was gonna be in full force while Coner worked his way to the top. Coner had a lot of Irish support as well, his fans and country f-ing love him. That's just my opinion though../ theory..

Anywayyy. I like them both but I prefer Coner. I don't like the how he treated Aldo at all but it is what it is, like I said they ain't friends so it's hard to say if my opinionated theory is correct about Coners mind games. I've seen loads of Coner's fights and he is a damn decent fighter. It was a bit of a anti climax fight, months of waiting but like I said before, he got inside Aldos head, to the point he couldn't even focus and then K.O'd him.

He's straight outta that Guy Richie film called Snatch. He's the Bare-Knuckle Tatted up Gypsy Boxing Champ. Hey while were at it let us take a moment to remember Ronda, she was a good champ.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'm Irish so ofc I support one of my own :)

All that trash talk is just banter. It's what most Irish people do. People that don't get it will get offended though. He seems like a really nice chap tbh. Just last week he donated $50k to the homeless.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Banter/Trash Talk, call it what you wanna call it, I doubt Aldo enjoyed it as much as Coner and it went on for a long time. If Aldo spoke to Coner like that I doubt Coner would shrug it off. Then again Aldo doesn't even speak english.. But if he did and said something to Coner I'm Pretty sure there would be a huge reaction. All that aside this isn't my idea of banter, that's all fight talk. Banter is the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks. If I told you I was gonna f-ing kill you and you're a bi*ch I don't think you would see it as banter. Quite frankly you'd see me as a complete idiot no doubt. Lol But all things aside if you see that as banter.. Please don't ever banter with me... =P

All this banter trash talk stuff does perk my interest, because to me it really isn't banter. If it came my way in the street I'd fully expect a fight and wobble like f**k. It's aggressive and insulting. It's a powerful tool. I know a few people who live by this trash talking stuff/banter mentality and I'll be honest it can go from talking to caving someones head in, in a flash. Then poof you're in prison.

I'm hoping to get a Sun Tzu book for Christmas, he's a famous warlord who's quotes are known to many. I think all this trash talk stuff will probably be in his book. Should be insightful.

But.. Coner putting Aldo's face on a dart board was awesome haha I don't know why Aldo never said anything, or thought of anything.. I thought he was from Brazil, that's a badass ghetto of a place, I thought he would be some badass street gangsta who knocks people out just for looking at him funny. If Coner didn't bother with the mind games and was humble.. I dont think he's capible of that but... If he was I honestly think he'd still kick his ass. His fighting style in the ring is supreme. He talks it but god damn does he bring it..

Bring the rain and you gotta deal with the mud someone will show up. xD

Top Bottom