• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Resident Evil Begins is ever going to be released?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I was looking on Wikipedia.org for some upcoming horror films and I saw a movie entilted Resident Evil Begins. If you don't belive me go to wikipedia and type in List of Horror Films and look in the 2010 section and the very end of it where it says 2011 you will see the movie.

What I know about it so far is that it is supposed to come out a year after after life and Paul W.S. Anderson will be directing it and Milla Jovovich is also supposed be as Alice like she has been.

So do you think that it is real that we are going to have another RE movie after After Life.

I hope so, yeah I know alot of people on here absoulty hate the movies but I can care less. As long as I watch a movie about Resident Evil I am always going to have a big smile on my face. And yeah I know alot of people hate Milla because I don't know why I can care less about that too as long as that she is in a RE movie I will still have a smile on my face.

Torque

If there is going to be another RE film after Afterlife, I just hope it will be better than what has been made so far in the series.

Supposedly it was only supposed to be a trilogy, where I think it should have ended. But if W. Anderson can finally make a solid RE film, then I hope to see more in the future.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
iSmooshU;57794 said:
If there is going to be another RE film after Afterlife, I just hope it will be better than what has been made so far in the series.

Supposedly it was only supposed to be a trilogy, where I think it should have ended. But if W. Anderson can finally make a solid RE film, then I hope to see more in the future.

I just hope that they actually don't put the zombies from extiction because the zombies from extiction didn't even look like zombies instead they made them into zombies mixed in with the cannibles from the Hills have eyes movies. And I also hope that there is no zombie children like in apcolypse because those children have died and I don't like to see dead or undead children.

jillswandich

yes, tey are going to make it,....but it's not going to be about how the first game happened...ITS ABOUT HOW THE FIRST MOVIE HAPPENED!!! -_-'so, it's the remake of the first movie! Oo Am I going crazy here??? Do you know why?? cuz they can't afford to pay Milla anymore! Than they are going to remake the Resident **** movie series!!!! I WANT A JILL SANDWICH ON THE BIG SCREEN FOR ONCE! :(:( who's with me??

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
jillswandich;58106 said:
yes, tey are going to make it,....but it's not going to be about how the first game happened...ITS ABOUT HOW THE FIRST MOVIE HAPPENED!!! -_-'so, it's the remake of the first movie! Oo Am I going crazy here??? Do you know why?? cuz they can't afford to pay Milla anymore! Than they are going to remake the Resident **** movie series!!!! I WANT A JILL SANDWICH ON THE BIG SCREEN FOR ONCE! :(:( who's with me??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_films:_2010s

It actually says that Milla is starring in it, so it can't be that they can't afford to pay her :S When you click on the link of "Resident Evil Begins" it takes you to a page about the films, but there is no mention of this film.

What's most likely happened is that one of the crew has mentioned in a magazine/TV interview that there might be a future title in the next two years and some fan put it on the Wiki. I haven't heard anything, the latest I've heard is that Milla has confirmed that she'll be on board for Afterlife.

Something like this quote would be all that's needed to create that Wiki by a fan:
In July 2005, producers mentioned the possibility of following Extinction with a sequel titled Resident Evil: Afterlife, to be shot and set in Tokyo, Japan and Alaska. Despite Resident Evil: Extinction being billed on the official website and elsewhere as the final installment of the Resident Evil film series, Rory Bruer, Sony's head of distribution explained, "It absolutely would not surprise me considering the success of the franchise that they find a way to come up with another. It's a real possibility". Producer Jeremy Bolt also stated that while there was no intention of making a fourth film, that the third had been particularly well done and that Paul Anderson was talking with Sony about the possibility.

Obviously that quote refers to Afterlife but if a fan found something like that referring to a film AFTER the fourth installment, they would think it enough reason to create a Wiki entry for it.

I think they needed to make a sequel to Extinction, whether in novel or film form, because that ending left it open to a new story.

But don't worry your pretty little heads off forumers, Uwe Boll (the "cinematic Hitler", as I've heard him described) is releasing a zombie movie at the end of 2010 for you all to enjoy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Massacre_(film)

Tyrant

apparently Resident Evil Afterlife is going to be another failure for a few reasons but Begins is supposedly a reboot which the movies need terribly

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
wolfgirl;58139 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_films:_2010s

It actually says that Milla is starring in it, so it can't be that they can't afford to pay her :S When you click on the link of "Resident Evil Begins" it takes you to a page about the films, but there is no mention of this film.

What's most likely happened is that one of the crew has mentioned in a magazine/TV interview that there might be a future title in the next two years and some fan put it on the Wiki. I haven't heard anything, the latest I've heard is that Milla has confirmed that she'll be on board for Afterlife.

Something like this quote would be all that's needed to create that Wiki by a fan:

Obviously that quote refers to Afterlife but if a fan found something like that referring to a film AFTER the fourth installment, they would think it enough reason to create a Wiki entry for it.

I think they needed to make a sequel to Extinction, whether in novel or film form, because that ending left it open to a new story.

But don't worry your pretty little heads off forumers, Uwe Boll (the "cinematic Hitler", as I've heard him described) is releasing a zombie movie at the end of 2010 for you all to enjoy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Massacre_(film)

Off-topic: I hope Uwe Boll can make that Zombie Massacre movie a good movie because I heard (and I am not agreeing to this until I watch his movies) that he was a pretty bad maker of movies. I actually heard that from GT Countdown Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies, coming in with #4 House of the Dead, #3 Alone in the Dark, and #1 Blood Rayne. I actually want to watch his movie Blood Rayne even though they called it awful.

On-Topic: I think Afterlife is supposed to be the sequel of Extinction, I been hearing rumors of ton of Alice's being in setting in Tokoyo or Alaska

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
After watching that review I think I will stay away from Alone in the Dark, that movie made no sense. Including the part they show with the bullet going past that woman's head and the part where they show another woman who is dead and then showing she raised her head up. I wanted to watch the movie, but after watching the review I think I should stay far away from the movie as possible. Now I am scared to watch Bloodrayne and seeing all that in the movie.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
BIGHARD CHEATER;58245 said:
Off-topic: I hope Uwe Boll can make that Zombie Massacre movie a good movie because I heard (and I am not agreeing to this until I watch his movies) that he was a pretty bad maker of movies. I actually heard that from GT Countdown Top 10 Worst Video Game Movies, coming in with #4 House of the Dead, #3 Alone in the Dark, and #1 Blood Rayne. I actually want to watch his movie Blood Rayne even though they called it awful.

Off Topic: Blood Rayne wasnt a bad movie, I thought it was a good movie, but the sequel was a waste of time. So if you do watch the movie, dont watch the 2nd one, its horrible!

Back ON topic, I'm not gonna believe anything about a new movie until I see something on it, Just cause Wikpedia(sp) has something out on it, doesnt exactly make it true. But if they do make a new beginning to the RE movies, they BETTER make it in the mansion like the first game, since thats were it SHOULD have started!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
BIGHARD CHEATER;58323 said:
Including the part they show with the bullet going past that woman's head

And considering that was a mistake done in POST PRODUCTION you really have to be a screwy director.

Lyme

as far as I know, Capcom has announced the additional content for Resident Evil 5, due Feb 2010 as DLC and March 2010 as a purchasable disc complete with the original game and new content.

Lyme

Hopefully this wont be the last update around here for a while...enjoy your gaming until then...

SamuraiEdge

Will someone please remove PW Anderson from the Resident Evil series before I am forced to assasinate him. If he has anything to do with Resident Evil Begins then I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up, He doesnt have a good movie in him. Everything he touches is crap.

DeSilva

Anderson screws up everything he touches.

I want a movie made in the spirit of the first RE game, Classic Haunted house setting, Conspiracy, A Small Specealized Police Force, Zombies, Hunters, ect. If that works, then make it a sequel. Don't plan a trilogy before the first movie comes out.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Don't believe everything on wikipedia, a lot of people can add bull crap to that site whether they have a reliable source for it or not.

Top Bottom