• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Ghost Survivors Reviews

Which Scenario Did You Enjoy Most

• Total voters

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm interested to see which Ghost Survivors mode everyone liked best/least and so on. How did you feel about the "head accessories," difficulties, story expansions, etc? Did they live up to your expectations or fall short?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I enjoyed Runaway the most. Mainly because alternate history interests me and that's the one that messes the most with the canon. I'll admit I've been spending a lot of time theorizing on how Leon and Claire's stories would change if Runaway happened. Though No Way Out and Forgotten Soldier were fun too.

As for expectations, I'd say all four fell short. I'd rather what if story content than run and gun. ORC was flawed but it did both aspects decently enough. Like I was expecting cutscenes, but whatever. Its no different from the Clancy segments of Banned Footage from RE7.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Is it legit to say that I got exactly what I expected and shouldn't be disappointed, but I still am because I was secretly hoping for more?

It's nice that Capcom snuck in a fourth scenario that wasn't advertised, but you know what they say: Quality over quantity! And in this case, the developers seem to rely too much on difficulty and silly unlockables to keep us busy. Ghost Survivors is basically this game's Rape Mode, except you can't choose stages, characters, and loadouts individually, and precisely because this is the only time you'll ever get to play as those doomed characters, I was hoping for their scenarios to be a bit longer and feature actual cutscenes, rather than destroy the fun with insane difficulty.

As for the scenarios themselves, I prefer the one with the soldier. It takes place in the NEST, lets me pick and choose my weapons, and ironically, I found it easier than Kendo's story despite the higher difficulty rating. (I should mention that I'm only playing on Training, though.) Katherine's story is alright too (although what the hell is going on with her face?), Kendo's unfortunately suffers from being a compilation of some of the game's blandest locations, and those poison zombies also rub me the wrong way.

What I'm really looking forward to now is a Ghost Survivors scenario featuring Annette. It has to come, right?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've got to say I was extremely disappointed as well; so much so that I didn't even bother playing all of them. I was hoping for actual story content - even if it isn't canon - and was underwhelmed by the stills and horde mode feel.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Yeah I really have no interest in the ghost survivors DLC I was expecting a storied background when it came to the characters instead all we got were a few still shots,

why should we put in time for a few silly things that can be unlocked and are practically pointless,

I'd rather stick to the main stories as they have more of a replay factor and it's enjoyable where as ghost survivors feels more like a chore,

I'm not impressed in the slightest but it's free so can't really complain to much.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The funny masks that you unlock are quite fun though. I wish that Capcom allowed us to put them on Claire and Leon in the Main Story Mode as well.

black 93

It's free so i can't complain too much (even though RE7 gave us an hour long story chapter for free) but i was expecting a little more. I would have liked to see the infection spread in the days leading up to the game. Like show us the officers turning the RPD into a stronghold, show us Kendo trying to survive with his family until he had to put them down. Another 4th survivor isn't what i would have picked. The masks are a fun gag though. Kendo with a molded head is auite hilarious.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
I honestly wish I could have said better things about it but truth is ghost survivors is nothing more than another 4th survivor mode,

Only difference being different characters and locations within the city and the added ability to add cosmetics to the characters,

And Capcom have plans to add more of these over the year this is going to get boring really fast,

Plus it's taking up more space on the hard drive I'd be fine with it if we had actual story backgrounds rather than useless still.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
^Yeah, the extra space on the hard drive is a downer.

It's still better than the 100+ gigabytes of Red Dead Redemption 2, though...

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Not going to lie RDR2 has never interested me and from the people I know who own it say the main story is good but online is just as bland as it gets for an open world game.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
At the end of the day, I didn't really like any of them. They're fun in training mode where you can goof off a bit and helps keep frustration away due to some complete boosh placement that makes them more unfun than anything.

I was hoping for actual, what if scenarios though. Maybe a tad longer than they, were with some characterization and insight on these potential stories, Like the Forgotten Soldier actually is the one who ends up being Vector or something, Kendo's friend who saves him is actually Barry, thus potentially implying that the other ending is canon in RE3.
Ngl though. I'm much more interested in the inner workings of Umbrella's staff more than anything given how everyone is practically expendable pawns.

As far as the three went in gameplay, The Forgotten Soldier is both my favorite one, and the one I hate the most. it's both really strict on what you take, and fight with. But you still do have some freedom in what to pick. The end lap is absolute garbage though. I hate that Capcom thinks stealing your victory by throwing absolute bs you way in what should be the victory lap is fun.
The training variation is much more fun.

Last edited:

RE-AnimatedFlyboy

I was a little disappointed. But mainly indifferent. I was expecting short stories, but when I saw the size of the update, I was pretty sure they were going to be just survival modes like The Fourth Survivor. Never been a fan of those type of minigames and I usually just give up, after dying before the finish line.

At least those were free.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I just realised something else: Ghost Survivors was always supposed to be a what-if scenario telling a tale of how people who died in Raccoon City could have survived, right? Well, it didn't even succeed at that, because judging by the individual result screens, at least three of those four currenly playable characters are still screwed.

So if they couldn't do a proper story DLC, they should have just given us a Rape Mode starring all the characters that appear in the game, including Kendo, Annette, etc. I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say that would have been much better.

Balloonknot

I got a mercenaries feel from "No Way Out" which i thought was neat but the area was much smaller than RE4 Mercenaries so not quite the same. It was challenging though. I would like to see future DLC maybe go in the direction of Mercenaries and also maybe tag in a Outbreak style multiplayer story mode. That may be asking too much but its a good way to get multiplayer in RE2 and it would fit with the events of Outbreak occuring roughly before Leon and Claire enter raccoon city.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I agree with Joni. Well kind of. I actually like the Tofu Survivor modes best of all, followed by HUNK (which says a lot because by the time I beat it I never wanted to play it again lol) and the ghost scenarios. They just aren't that interesting to me and they need to be interesting to overshadow the frustration that tends to come with these scenarios.

I'd really wanted I get through The 4th survivor because I never unlocked Tofu in the original and really wanted to experience it and it was fun albeit extremely challenging. I still haven't unlocked the last 2 tofus. But that being said, I really don't have any motivation to get through the other scenarios.

Benarah89

Staaaaaars!
Honestly they could have taken these scenarios far and given so much of a story to each one. The only one I thought was remotely okay was the one with the mayors daughter (forgot her name and what the scenario name was ><)

The one I was the most disappointed with was Kendo’s. They could have told the story up to when they ran into Leon and Ada. Even with knowing the outcome, it would have been amazing and so emotional to watch/play.

Wesker90

I'm still yet to pass any of them(Not including training) lol.

I keep coming within an inch of completing 4th survivor then get killed as soon as I pass through the upper east reception room.

Top Bottom