• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Holiday/vacation ideas - help!!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
My fiancé and I are looking for a holiday after graduation under £500 each - suggestions? Disneyland Paris or Lake District are first ideas.

Hoady

I don't know what Lake District is but.... DISNEYLAND!!

All that aside isn't Disneyland in America?Probably be really expensive to even just get there..

L

Lurker
I don't know what Lake District is but.... DISNEYLAND!!

All that aside isn't Disneyland in America?Probably be really expensive to even just get there..
Hoady, did you not realize the part with the £ and then refuse to believe that she wasn't in America?
Anyway, I have no idea what Lake District is, but isn't Disney Land pretty expensive?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't think £ 500 would be enough for a vacation in America, but maybe Paris or some other European destination? You don't even need to look outside the UK, I know you have many interesting holiday destinations there. But it depends what interests you. I would want to go to Scotland and see some historical locations, castles etc...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Guys...There are DisneyLands all over the world..Hong Kong, Tokyo, LA, Paris...Disney WORLD is the American exclusive...Anyway, I'm from America, so I'm not sure how to convert considering we use $, but the trip would be VERY worthwhile assuming that it's within your price range...I'd suggest, don't stay on the park...What I did was stay in a suburb of the city, in a hotel, and then just go into the park on a daily basis...You save quite a bit that way...And if at all possible avoid eating in DisneyLand...However, I'd recomend eating there one or two times, just to get a feel for the park and really live it up...but they allow outside food inside...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Depends what you both want from your holiday, I suppose. I mean, the Lakes are beautiful but if you're going at a time when the tourists are out then it'll be jammed with sticky kids and irritable parents. Having said that, Disneyland is like that all the time, I should imagine ;)

You might be able to make your budget stretch further if you go to the Lakes but if it's during high season, the price difference may not be all that much.

What time of year do you graduate? Might expand your options if the timing is right

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
We're both graduating around June-July. We are also considering Italy now as a holiday, as suggested by a friend of ours. Any Italians/regular Italy visitors here able to recommend us a few places in the country?

Lake District is a mountainous area in North UK, lot people go there on holiday and go for long walks, cycle rides etc and just enjoy being in that part of the beautiful countryside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_district

And yes, there is a Disneyland in Paris, although the American one is supposed to be the biggest one. There are also other Disneyland parks, I think one in Japan and a few others?

We wanted to go to New York for our graduation holiday but we'd need about £1000 each for that trip. We're saving that for our honeymoon now, we want to visit at Christmas. We've both been to New York (before we met) before, but we want to go together and spend more time there.

Painted_Wraith

We're both graduating around June-July. We are also considering Italy now as a holiday, as suggested by a friend of ours. Any Italians/regular Italy visitors here able to recommend us a few places in the country?

I went to Turin in Italy twice as a kid, but my memory is a little foggy. From what I do remember though is that the people were generally nice, and it was a great trip overall. I wish I could provide more information, but it was years ago. There's an egyptian museum, and a place called Superga where I went to, but hell if I can remember one useful thing about 'em. haha.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I went to Turin in Italy twice as a kid, but my memory is a little foggy. From what I do remember though is that the people were generally nice, and it was a great trip overall. I wish I could provide more information, but it was years ago. There's an egyptian museum, and a place called Superga where I went to, but hell if I can remember one useful thing about 'em. haha.

Anything is useful cos I don't know anything about visiting Italy! Thank you :)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Wolfgirl, Por que no ir a Espana? Puedo ir con usted! Pero tienes que hacerme un pasaporte.Puedo ayudarle a pagar por ella!Por favor,lleveme!:D

He ido a Espana muchas veces en el pasado y me encanta el pais pero quiero ir a un lugar nuevo :)

(I've been to Spain many times in the past and I love the country but I want to go somewhere new)

CapcomGirl

Yo bine de Kombate Mortal
He ido a Espana muchas veces en el pasado y me encanta el pais pero quiero ir a un lugar nuevo :)

(I've been to Spain many times in the past and I love the country but I want to go somewhere new)
Usted sabe hablar espanol tambien? Que raza eres? Eres Mexicana o Espana? :)

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
Can i make a suggestion wolfgirl...best place to visit for about £500 for two in the UK is West Coast or North of Scotland. I do a lot of cycling, walking and camping up here (i should explain im Scottish) its beautiful, quiet and the small villages along the West Highland Way and all over are absolutely beautiful and friendly...It may be cold sometimes but its well worth it and financial viable. A lot better than the Lake District! LOL

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Usted sabe hablar espanol tambien? Que raza eres? Eres Mexicana o Espana? :)
(You know how to speak Spanish too? What nationality are you? Are you Mexican or Spanish?)

Soy inglesa, pero he aprendido español en mi instituto desde tuve 11 años. Pero estoy una estudiante de película en universidad ahora, mi español no es perfecta! Necesito practicar más!

(I'm English, but I've been learning Spanish at school since I was 11 years old. But now I'm a film student at uni my Spanish isn't perfect! I need to practice more!)

A_Wesker123

The Original
You can always venture into exotic Wales. There are some beautiful places like Betws-y-Coed that are a great place to take a break from normal day to day life and unwind.

Just don't go onto a welsh farmer's land by accident like i did. They don't seem to like it.

Top Bottom