• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do I put pictures in a post ?

iUmbrella

I'm new and my post needs pictures to get my point across so can anyone help me put an image into it ?

Its a screenshot on my Mac that I took from a YouTube video and im not sure how to get it into the post, can anyone help ?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Hi and welcome!

Basically, we have a really strong spam filter so all new members have to post a certain number of posts before getting permission to add links or images. It just protects us from spammers (which are rife, thanks to Village coming out).

It's nothing personal - just make some more posts and it'll let you attach images and links before you know it :)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It's either 5 or 10. But if you don't want to wait, put the image in this thread and I'll approve it for you (provided it's not, y'know, pr0nz or something).

I know it can be a pain to have restrictions, but we get so many new users every day who just want to spam, so we've had to make blanket rules just in case.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It was just an idea to see if you'd be able to post an image that just went to moderation - I've got Steve to take a look at your profile and he says that because the above post was your 5th one, you should be able to include images now.

Try it and if it doesn't work, we'll get that sorted out for you. I appreciate your patience.

iUmbrella

Still struggling I can put images in but only the url or http, is there anyway i can drag an image from my documents and get it on the slides

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I think using an image host like Imgur can work better? I'll have a word with Steve and see if he can shed some light on it all. I'm literally the monkey here - think we need the organ grinder to sort this one out...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey buddy. Welcome and thank you for your patience with us.

• Try uploading your image to https://imgur.com
  • Clicking on the '...' option and clicking 'Get share links'
  • Click the 'Copy Link' button under the 'BBCode (Forums)' heading
Here's an embedded image using this method:

3wuFBo4.jpg

Top Bottom