• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Is Alex Wesker actually male? (spoilers)

What do you think? Was Alex Wesker originally male?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not sure...good theory!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

rocklikebrucelee

According to in game files and the RE Wiki, T-Phobos only mutates men and kills females rather painfully, explaining the lack of female enemies through out the game... However, when Alex shot herself, she feared for her life and the virus mutated her body, keeping her alive.
That leads me to one conclusion: Alex Wesker was originally male. The virus would have definitely killed her otherwise, not mutated her and saved her life.
Is this sound logic, or am I missing something here? I doubt her "superior genes" as a Wesker child would have deterred the ultimate effects of T-Phobos... or even the Wesker Progenitor strain.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
While this sounds very interesting, and it wouldn't be the first time for a cross-dressing or possibly transgender character to appear in the series, I think Capcom would have made it way more clear if this was indeed the intention. I also don't think Alex cares enough about her physical sex to actually undergo any kind of transition, since she kidnapped both male and female candidates for her experiment and only ended up picking a female host for the mind-transferring procedure because Natalia was considered the most suitable vessel, not because she was a girl. Otherwise she might as well have left Gabe and the other guys at home.

In any case, could you provide the name of the file where the differing effects of the virus on male and female bodies are explained? I'd like to read the original wording before I continue theorising.

Top Bottom