• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Item box or no item box?

Do you think there be classic resident evil item boxes in RE8 or not?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah of course, like it was in re 7, the first re game that bring it back after 15 years

Billy Coen

Yeah, I really like this system, it makes you think before you act, how you should administrate your inventory, which Itens you should leave in the box and which ones you should bring it with you in your jorney.

And Item boxes are a trademark of the classical franchise, it would be also great for nostalgia purposes.

RobD100012

Do you think there be classic resident evil item boxes in RE8 or not?
I don't think there will be an item box given the fact that we know that RE Village's inventory system will be extremely similar to RE4's, which did not use an item box. Logically speaking too since we know it's a more open environment, it's unlikely that the European village would have the magical boxes randomly scattered throughout the map. It is more believable that a house or mansion like in biohazard or original RE would have these boxes. I do believe there will be a save room though however. But we will find out on May 7th

HarebATeam

I know this is out of the subject
But i made a discovery why this video is titled (Re8) do they have a time travle machine

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I honestly do not think there will be an item box because it seems like there will be the attaché case and Merchant system from RE4. I honeslty like the RE2 REmake Inventory System best because it allows for item management and puzzle solving without being too much of its own minigame like it was in the original RE games. Honestly, controlling inventory in REmake is such a ridiculous chore because of how often I need to burn corpses.

Hardware

I hope there will be magic boxes, but, if they keep taking cues from RE4, there won't be any. Which is bad because limited inventory is one of the things that define the Resident Evil brand of survival horror: the minute I felt RE7 was kind of the games of old (I don't regard it as a true RE, but it comes close) was when I realized that I had to manage my inventory again, strategically rushing to the nearest box to get that precious green herb I had stored or retrieve the key I had found earlier and I didn't know where to use it. Doing it in RE2 (a real RE game through and through) almost had me in tears, as it felt just like old times.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It's like a no-brainer to me. Ever since they first started to mess with the exclusion of item boxes in Zero, I've felt that they are one of the most defining aspects of the series. The only game in the series that didn't feature item boxes and still made it work in my opinion was Revelations 2.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I forget - What was the Rev 2 system?
It’s been a while but you essentially had an expandable inventory which could be upgraded, plus you could switch items between the two characters at any time. There were also some kind of work benches, all in all it just felt natural as far as I can remember since there was a lack of key items to carry. Man, you made me want to replay the game right now.

Mr.R

Considering the images we saw, with an inventory that looks pretty much like RE4, I don't think we'll have boxes. From all of the non-boxes games, I still think RE4's inventory is the best one, so I don't mind it much if they go this way in RE Van Helsing. The worst inventory they got in this series was, to me, by far in RE5. A clumky mess where five eggs take the same space as a rocket launcher. Eh...I still think they'll go the RE4 way, since RE Van Helsing is trying to be RE4 so hard anyway.

TecmoZack

I loved the way the item boxes were used in 7. I hope they keep it.

The Collector's edition comes with an Item Box so confirmation it is in? Maybe?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It’s been a while but you essentially had an expandable inventory which could be upgraded, plus you could switch items between the two characters at any time. There were also some kind of work benches, all in all it just felt natural as far as I can remember since there was a lack of key items to carry. Man, you made me want to replay the game right now.

Same. Looking back, I noticed I only got 8 trophies for playing the game. This must have been right before I started caring about it. But now I want to go through the game again and grab some more!

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
if they are using RE4 item box, i think they are finish with old beloved item box.
i dont know why they are trying to make game more realistic, dumping basic and iconic elements because some people may think they are not realistic.guess they just need think about Ethan hand and think twice about realistic.

Top Bottom