• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Live Action Tekken Movie

KennedyShot02

Well I was watching the Live action Tekken movie last night and I found myself wondering why does everyone hate it? Seriously I think it is actually a good solid movie. My only complaint was that they could have picked a better actor for Jin. Even so Jon Woo did a decent job. I don't know.. Opinions?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I haven't seen it but I can honestly tell you, as someone who first played Tekken 2 as one of my very first video games way back when - before Jin became the proverbial **** - it looks stupid. I think Tekken is one of those things that should stay in the video game world and the anime world, some forms of media just don't transfer well into live action.

Of course I also think the game should have ended before they started going new character bat ****, introducing five or six new people every game; new people that I'm not going to be introduced to properly given the circumstances and will, therefore, never come to care about as I have the old ones because things are now so cluttered I don't even know what's going on anymore.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i think just about every video game should remain a video game. movie and television adaptations have been tried and i don't think a single one has done well.

board games on the other hand.... we need more of those. remember this one (loved it)? and this one is coming out too...

KennedyShot02

i think just about every video game should remain a video game. movie and television adaptations have been tried and i don't think a single one has done well.

board games on the other hand.... we need more of those. remember this one (loved it)? and this one is coming out too...
Actually the first Mortal Kombat was pretty good. However the sequel killed that. Also the first Resident Evil movie was the best in terms of relation to the game.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I've seen it. Thought it was a poor movie. So awful in fact, that I don't remember anything from it, save for Yoshimitsu swinging his sword around.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I thought it was okay. What can u really expect from a movie based off a fighting game? The 1st MK movie is probably the only decent one.

KennedyShot02

I thought it was okay. What can u really expect from a movie based off a fighting game? The 1st MK movie is probably the only decent one.
Yeah I mean for a game based movie it was pretty solid. the best ones are probably RE 1(most like the games) and MK. Atleast is wasn't as bad as the Super Mario Brothers movie. Now that was HORRIBLE!

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
Well, from what I've heard, it's pretty... rubbish.

According to the director of the Tekken games, to them, "this film does not exist." They weren't allowed to oversee it's development.
Jin in a relationship with Christie? What utter... rubbish!
Roll on Blood Vengeance when it comes out!

KennedyShot02

Well, from what I've heard, it's pretty... rubbish.

According to the director of the Tekken games, to them, "this film does not exist." They weren't allowed to oversee it's development.
Jin in a relationship with Christie? What utter... rubbish!
Roll on Blood Vengeance when it comes out!
Personally I disagree with the bashing the Jin and Christie relationship. Afterall it is an Alternate universe which means things can be as different as they want. Also I was glad the director didn't let them supervise as I feel sometimes that puts a cap on limits the direction. Also Being so close minded toward the movie shows the director of the games to be kinda close minded.

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
Isn't 'alternate universe' a good excuse for messing things up.
Tekken, Star Trek, the New DmC game. We can do anything because its *Heroic voice* AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!
Personally, they are the last two tekken characters I'd throw into a relationship with each other.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Tekken, Star Trek, the New DmC game. We can do anything because its *Heroic voice* AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!
Personally, they are the last two tekken characters I'd throw into a relationship with each other.
I agree, I mean the two characters have nothing to do with each other...at all. The closest they are to each other is that Eddy was taught capoeira by Christie's grandfather and Jin's dad killed Eddy's dad. Pick two characters that at least have interactions together, why don't you? Jin and Xiaoyu, Lee and Anna, Kazuya and Jun even Julia and King II! But Christie and Jin? *shakes head*

KennedyShot02

Um... Actually the New DMC is supposed to be a prequel. I know stupid right but apparently that is what they say. Also you say messed things up I say a new different storyline. But hey to each their own.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

Of course I also think the game should have ended before they started going new character bat ****, introducing five or six new people every game; new people that I'm not going to be introduced to properly given the circumstances and will, therefore, never come to care about as I have the old ones because things are now so cluttered I don't even know what's going on anymore.
Street Fighter is MUCH better about that...

Top Bottom