• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 My problems with RE6 melee and a damage loop in Leon's campaign outdoor market regenerator level.

Darkness

Infected
What is up with the melee system in RE6? There are little stamina bars basically that tell you how many melee attacks you can use. That's kind of ridiculous. After they run out, i can no longer step on a zombie's head, i can just tap him lightly with my toe?

Also, i was halfway through Leon's third kick, the one that you actually get prompted for, and halfway though it, the zombie I was kicking actually grabbed me, stopping the melee. Things like that would have NEVER happened in the 4th and 5th games.

Also, now that you can melee containers while your gun is still equipped, what is the purpose of the knife? It's not even idea for close quarters combat anymore, because now you can kick whenever you want and it's twice as effective.

Meleeing just felt so much better in the previous two games, it was never interrupted, it had more of an impact on hordes, and you had to shoot the enemy in certain spots in order to be able to use it. In RE6, I feel obligated to just kick the crap out of any lone zombies I find insteaf of wasting ammo on them.

----

Next, there was what i guess you could call a "glitch," in Leon's campaign during the out door market fight with the regenerators. I was in front of the door with electricity surging in front of it, when i got an 'A' button prompt to observe it. I clicked 'A' and Leon said something like "I better shut the power off first." The problem was that while he was saying this, I couldn't do anything, and the regenerators grabbed me and dragged me to the ground. Once i kicked them off, I was laying on the ground right on top of the electricity, and it shocked me. By the time i was done being shocked, one of the regenerators kicked me, when i got his foot off, it immediately shocked me again. These two steps repeated over and over again until i died. It wasn't even a matter of struggling fast enough, i did everything perfectly, there was just no way to get out of that loop.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
The knife isn't useless especially with Chris it can take out the Blood shot licker guys in a couple stabs, it also allows you to melee if you do the single strike without using up stamina.
Some of the melee moves can now be interupted most obviously one is the stamp on the ground, only stamp if you are next to their head otherwise they will interupt the melee. Other moves like a finisher or attack from behind can't be interupted so in that sense their's a bit more skill to it.
And like you said he runs out of melee quickly so it is still better to shoot stun them and then attack otherwise you will quickly run out of stamina.

ResidentE

I think it actually has gotten a lot better. It makes no sense, that enemies will just lay on the ground, waiting to be killed. So it seems to me like them, trying to get you is better. I also like the melee system better. Also, because the melee system in the previous game made no sense. It was awesome, but it made no sense. Why would a zombie first be hit in the head/legs etc? You are a well trained unit, why can't you just kill it as it is? So now you can. Sure, to prevent you from getting too powerfull, you can now get tired. Especially in mercenaries this seems like a smart move.

personally, I prefer knife over well pretty much else. Well except the hand to hand combat from jake. But knife has a pretty big range and can hit multiple zombies at the same time. Perfect setup for a melee kill. Doesn't need bullets and doesn't have to be reloaded. Especially in mercenaries it's very powerfull because you get 5 sec for each kill you make with knife.

Also, read back what you said. You feel obligated to kick the crap out of them, instead of wasting bullets? Doesn't that make sense? xD

Darkness

Infected
I dunno it just doesn't feel right to me with what a zombie game should be. I should be doing my best to keep as far away from the zoms as possible, not eager to run towards them because i'm a kung fu master.

Top Bottom