• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need A Question Answered.

SyKotik Cannon

in RE Apacolypse (i belive) the newpaper on the
wall said Jill Valentine was dismissed from STARS
after her partner Leon Kennedy was killed.

if he died how is he in RE4 and RE Degenereation
when both of those take place after the events of
RE Apocalypse? and i was trying to figure out the
timeline in the RE series in chronological order
and came to the conclusion that RE2 and RE Apocalypse
take place in the same time period basicaly....
is the Leon Kennedy death a bad rumor or real?
if its real is retarted lol

A_Wesker123

The Original
The only explanation i can think of is that Apacolypse is non-cannon though i haven't played it so i may be wrong :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
don't go on the bases of the films..it is like 'A_wesker123' said, it non-cannon, take resident evil 1 (the game) for example, chris's game is the cannon, its the right way to play it through and you get the full story..where as jill is just like a rookie mode, which is not all the real story, for instance barry can die in jill's story, however he makes an appearance at the end of nemesis (the game)
plus i would say degeneration is not really a follow up to the other 3 films, its a follow up to the games, because at the end of apocalypse the world is pretty much a wasteland, there will be a resident evil 4 that does follow apocalypse.

the films dont fit into the game timelines, so ignore them..
leon is alive and well, hence his appearance in 4 and degeneration.

SyKotik Cannon

ok i understand now. but it still upsets me that Leon died in a diierent thing.

but i personally thought RE Apocalypse was the best RE movie so far... and also doesnt Alice fight Nemesis in RE Apocolypse? and Jill fights Nemesis in RE3 right? ....y couldnt the creators make the stories right? lol

3d-agent

Both game and film story was written by different writers...but i like game story.. movie isn't that impressive.

And RE Apocalypse i didn't like it cuz it has some very stupid mistakes. However nemesis was created very impressively in that movie.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
SyKotik Cannon you gotta stop comparing the games to film..they were created by different writers, and the films were made to expand on the RE universe, not carry it on..
in the film nemesis alice fights nemesis at some points, then he somehow turns all good and helps them.

and i dont know who your aiming that query at saying alice doesnt fight nemesis in apocalypse, i sure didnt say that.

anyway i didnt really like any of the movies, i found them dull.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Would be cool if the films for resi evil were more based on the Resident Evil reameke
the game for Gamecube, and some of the RE0 story. when they find the house. rebecca was in the remake and RE0 lol

that would be a cool film!

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
You barelly get to see that newspaper and i never read that. Besides, Paul Anderson made his own version of Resident Evil. "based on " was never a copy of the original (in any movie btw).You should have that in mind.
Though this thread is old,i still wanted to answer.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I would say it's because the movies have a completely different, isolated, stupid canon from the games.

And if someone is going to bring up the laser hallway from RE4 or Red Queen from The Umbrella Chronicles, they're most likely just nods to the movies out of obligation by Capcom.

Top Bottom