• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Online Events

bruno

Chief Researcher
I didn't find any thread about online events, so I decided to create this one in case anyone has any questions, or needs help with them.

I have a question, since I've only participated in 2 events:
When you complete the required task, can you leave the game after saving, or do you need to finish the chapter and see the medals screen before leaving?
And can you start at a sub-chapter (ex: Chris 3-2), or do you need to start from the beginning of the chapter?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yes, you can start the chapter at whatever point you want. If the medal you're after is to be earned in that respective subchapter, it will appear on the list of your end results and be registered for the event by RE.net, even if you start from there and not from the beginning.
As for the first question, though, I can't help you. That is something I'd like to know myself, but I was too lazy to test it so far.

bruno

Chief Researcher
You have to complete a chapter to receive any medals at all.

That way, people don't feels as motivated to do it... I mean, in this event with the snake, there is still a lot left until you finish the chapter. You have to go through the harbor area, then that Neo Umbrella warehouse, and the car chase... I can't do it in less than 30 min. Since I have other stuff to do in life, that is a lot of time for me to be playing. I'd rather complete the event 3 times in 30 min.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Thanks for the clarification.

That way, people don't feels as motivated to do it... I mean, in this event with the snake, there is still a lot left until you finish the chapter.

That, plus the fact that for some reason RE.net doesn't always register what you do in the game, is the reason I won't go after more than one medal to participate in the event. Chris's third chapter really drags on forever, so I guess 10,000 points and a free Ex3 costume will be enough to make me happy, no reason to be in the top 10.

Brother Lili

I've done the event concerning killing the snake twice already, and still it says that I have no medal. Seriously?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I've done the event concerning killing the snake twice already, and still it says that I have no medal. Seriously?

You need to have your system connected to the internet, and your account linked to RE.net. Start in Chris 3-3 and finish the whole chapter (until Chris and Piers chase Ada to the ship). Then, make sure the game is saved and leave. Go to RE.net and synchronize your data.
Sometimes, the Event Results takes some time to change, so if you are sure the system was connected to the internet and you got the medal in the end, there's no reason to worry.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Unfortunately, there is... It happened to me often enough, even though nothing was wrong with my connection.

Sometimes clicking "Auto Upload" in the options menu (even if you've done it before) can help to accelerate the process. If your system was also connected to the internet at the time you earned the medals and it still doesn't show up after a while... well, bad luck. As I said, it has happened to me before. It could also be a bug.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
That way, people don't feels as motivated to do it... I mean, in this event with the snake, there is still a lot left until you finish the chapter. You have to go through the harbor area, then that Neo Umbrella warehouse, and the car chase... I can't do it in less than 30 min. Since I have other stuff to do in life, that is a lot of time for me to be playing. I'd rather complete the event 3 times in 30 min.
I don't see any difference really since it is the same for everyone.
If it is 30 mins or 5 mins the time a person dedicates to the event will not change and the result will still be relative to the time. Unless you want to dedicate less than 30 mins of course.
Sometimes clicking "Auto Upload" in the options menu (even if you've done it before) can help to accelerate the process. If your system was also connected to the internet at the time you earned the medals and it still doesn't show up after a while... well, bad luck. As I said, it has happened to me before. It could also be a bug.
Yeah if syncing doesn't help then you have to reenable auto data upload in-game and it should give you the synchonize button on the site.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't see any difference really since it is the same for everyone.
If it is 30 mins or 5 mins the time a person dedicates to the event will not change and the result will still be relative to the time. Unless you want to dedicate less than 30 mins of course.

The problem is not my ranking, since I'm not very interested in the stuff you can buy with RE points. The problem is that Capcom only gives the EX3 tickets if there are at least a certain number of medals. It would be much easier to reach that goal if the ammount of time needed to complete that part was lower.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
The problem is not my ranking, since I'm not very interested in the stuff you can buy with RE points. The problem is that Capcom only gives the EX3 tickets if there are at least a certain number of medals. It would be much easier to reach that goal if the ammount of time needed to complete that part was lower.
The ammount of medals needed is adjusted accordingly of course. It is only 20K for PS3 and 7K for 360 this time around, not sure how much it was last time but it was multiple times the current number.

Brother Lili

I made sure of that beforehand. I did it twice more just yesterday and finally I get credited. Except it's only 1 medal. Four play-throughs, 1 medal to show for it. Oh well, at least I got credited as participating in the event, so as long as the goal is met...

Top Bottom