• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 ORC------->RE6

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
So i just finished playing ORC and i have to say theres alot to love about this game. If they were to combine certain elements to the upcoming RE6 i think it would be the perfect game.

First off i'll say that I miss the explore factor the old series allowed for. The sort of dirty Sherlock Holmes effect. Ultimately thats the game i would like to play. 80% explore 20% action.

One of the things i love about ORC is the high intensity of survival. You have the USBC mercs and the entire zombie appocalypse at your feet. Which i think is EXTREMELY fu**ing cool. If they were able to put that in the 20% of the game i would be a very happy resident evil fan. Another awesome aspect of the game was it still gave me those jumps the first three installments did: Zombies breaking through the doors of the police department and sh*t. Overall i love the feel of the game and i would totally want ORC in 20% of my RE6

There are a couple of issues that i dont want off the top of my head. I never really liked the idea of mulling down things with 5,000 bullets to the face. Atleast with the older versions it was a little more realistic feeling in that respect.

The pace of the game is too fast for me still, if it were to be RE6 (for ORC it works for me). I would like to take my time and look at the backgrounds, read journals and computer entries. I want to evaluate blood spatter voids lol. I LOVE story and everything that goes with it. If they were to slow it down significantly i think it could be the perfect game for all fans. Especially if they added an ORC like side-content to appease the trigger-happy croud.

The music overall wasnt bad either. It didnt have harsh distorted guitar riffs blaring in your ears or techno music indicating EXCITMENT AND ALERTNESS. I loved how they hinted at the old RPD music during that part.

What are your thoughts? Did you like ORC enough to incorporate anything?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'd love for them to incorporate like you said the high intensity of survival. I loved the fact that I was killing spec ops AND zombies too and really had to watch where I was going because I could either get shot at, or eaten. This game is so underrated, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and if they slowed it down it'd be perfect for RE6. I'd like some more puzzles too please! And plenty of trophies! ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Most definitely...an ORC type game would make a GREAT Main game if a few key factors were changed...I agree...It needs to be slowed down significantly...Also, there would need to be more character development, but, since we will be playing with older already more developed characters I don't think this will be an issue...As a main game it would have to follow the cannon events of the storyline, also not an issue...I wouldn't be a fan of unlimited ammo boxes...That would take away from the survival element...But at the same time, RE has always been good at giving just the right amounts of ammo...The music is a BIG factor...When there is no action it should be slow, creepy music...But for that action scenes like in ORC, I agree...The loud guitar and the techno vibes were nigh on perfect...As a main game it would need to be much longer...But that's of no concern, because RE games are always pretty long in the main series...I would want an OPTIONAL Co-op...and by that I mean, if there is no second player, then AI does NOT follow you everywhere...They just appear where they are needed...Also, ORC took place mainly in the dark...Which is EXACTLY what RE5 lacked...If they make RE6 much darker than its predecessor, like ORC, then I will be a very happy fan...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Some good things ORC did well is its sense of survival, difficulty, and limited ammo. If RE6 can bring that and more to the table, we're in for something amazing.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Idk...I don't think ORC had limited ammo...Just limit to what the gun could hold...But ammo was abundant in boxes and on the floor...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Idk...I don't think ORC had limited ammo...Just limit to what the gun could hold...But ammo was abundant in boxes and on the floor...
Playing alone yes there's enough. But when you play on professional mode with three other friends trying to kill hunters, crimsons, and spec ops that loves to soak up bullets is different. That's when the sense of limited ammo kicks in. You'll be saying I NEED AMMO a lot lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Playing alone yes there's enough. But when you play on professional mode with three other friends trying to kill hunters, crimsons, and spec ops that loves to soak up bullets. That's when the sense of limited ammo kicks in. You'll be saying I NEED AMMO a lot lol.
My apologies...All my knowledge on the subject is just on the solo route...

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
So i just finished playing ORC and i have to say theres alot to love about this game. If they were to combine certain elements to the upcoming RE6 i think it would be the perfect game.

First off i'll say that I miss the explore factor the old series allowed for. The sort of dirty Sherlock Holmes effect. Ultimately thats the game i would like to play. 80% explore 20% action.

One of the things i love about ORC is the high intensity of survival. You have the USBC mercs and the entire zombie appocalypse at your feet. Which i think is EXTREMELY fu**ing cool. If they were able to put that in the 20% of the game i would be a very happy resident evil fan. Another awesome aspect of the game was it still gave me those jumps the first three installments did: Zombies breaking through the doors of the police department and sh*t. Overall i love the feel of the game and i would totally want ORC in 20% of my RE6

There are a couple of issues that i dont want off the top of my head. I never really liked the idea of mulling down things with 5,000 bullets to the face. Atleast with the older versions it was a little more realistic feeling in that respect.

The pace of the game is too fast for me still, if it were to be RE6 (for ORC it works for me). I would like to take my time and look at the backgrounds, read journals and computer entries. I want to evaluate blood spatter voids lol. I LOVE story and everything that goes with it. If they were to slow it down significantly i think it could be the perfect game for all fans. Especially if they added an ORC like side-content to appease the trigger-happy croud.

The music overall wasnt bad either. It didnt have harsh distorted guitar riffs blaring in your ears or techno music indicating EXCITMENT AND ALERTNESS. I loved how they hinted at the old RPD music during that part.

What are your thoughts? Did you like ORC enough to incorporate anything?
-You mean how the old game you walk up on a body and say....ewww, thats gross he must have been dead for weeks!!!- well, for people like your self and many different fans they should go the route of Mass effect 3!=have the original way to play which is both rpg and action, just rpg n little action, and finally all action no talking modes to select from.-I agree they should of atleast let you see all the evidence you were destroying and a first person view of the bullet hitting the camera when you destroy a camera!!

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Most definitely...an ORC type game would make a GREAT Main game if a few key factors were changed...I agree...It needs to be slowed down significantly...Also, there would need to be more character development, but, since we will be playing with older already more developed characters I don't think this will be an issue...As a main game it would have to follow the cannon events of the storyline, also not an issue...I wouldn't be a fan of unlimited ammo boxes...That would take away from the survival element...But at the same time, RE has always been good at giving just the right amounts of ammo...The music is a BIG factor...When there is no action it should be slow, creepy music...But for that action scenes like in ORC, I agree...The loud guitar and the techno vibes were nigh on perfect...As a main game it would need to be much longer...But that's of no concern, because RE games are always pretty long in the main series...I would want an OPTIONAL Co-op...and by that I mean, if there is no second player, then AI does NOT follow you everywhere...They just appear where they are needed...Also, ORC took place mainly in the dark...Which is EXACTLY what RE5 lacked...If they make RE6 much darker than its predecessor, like ORC, then I will be a very happy fan...
I think the optional Co-op is a very good idea. Like they could have 2 scenarios one with chris (lets face it he's a loner when it comes to missions) then you could have Leon and Chick in Scenario 2. I agree with the music too, Even in the action scenes there could be a lack of music and just hear the gunshots and/or moans or crys of zombies and whatnot. But generally speaking people want music to set the tone, as do I. Yea and no unlimited ammo boxes...but i doubt the org will give Chris and Leon any help lol.:D
-You mean how the old game you walk up on a body and say....ewww, thats gross he must have been dead for weeks!!!- well, for people like your self and many different fans they should go the route of Mass effect 3!=have the original way to play which is both rpg and action, just rpg n little action, and finally all action no talking modes to select from.-I agree they should of atleast let you see all the evidence you were destroying and a first person view of the bullet hitting the camera when you destroy a camera!!
But i dont want to play Mass effect 3....i wanna play Resident Evil.

I totally agree though about the evidence i wish they would have put something into those that were burned it would kinda make it more interesting. But i can understand their no-depth policy it being a spin off

Playing alone yes there's enough. But when you play on professional mode with three other friends trying to kill hunters, crimsons, and spec ops that loves to soak up bullets is different. That's when the sense of limited ammo kicks in. You'll be saying I NEED AMMO a lot lol.
Lol i'm affraid to play on pro. Those hunters have kevlar diamond skin! On normal....but i guess it would be easier with other people that know what their doing, I also have only played with AI

Jay

K.I.N.G.
@Capcomplicated Trying professional alone even veteran can be very tough. You'll want friends to help you get through it quicker. The higher the difficulty, the more hits enemies take to kill. Which goes back to me saying the sense of limited ammo is there. And yeah, the hunters are a pain to kill lol

HELLBOY1980

I think the optional Co-op is a very good idea. Like they could have 2 scenarios one with chris (lets face it he's a loner when it comes to missions) then you could have Leon and Chick in Scenario 2. I agree with the music too, Even in the action scenes there could be a lack of music and just hear the gunshots and/or moans or crys of zombies and whatnot. But generally speaking people want music to set the tone, as do I. Yea and no unlimited ammo boxes...but i doubt the org will give Chris and Leon any help lol.:D

But i dont want to play Mass effect 3....i wanna play Resident Evil.

I totally agree though about the evidence i wish they would have put something into those that were burned it would kinda make it more interesting. But i can understand their no-depth policy it being a spin off

Lol i'm affraid to play on pro. Those hunters have kevlar diamond skin! On normal....but i guess it would be easier with other people that know what their doing, I also have only played with AI
-then you get jerks on your team that blow you up and kill you non-stop!! choose team mates wisely! im always up to play professional if your a good teamate ! ill have your back! If you have a Ps3 im more than happy to help out any itme im on.

HELLBOY1980

-I just cant beat the Nicholai level alone on proffessional my teamates keep turning zombie on me and getting in the way!

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Why do you always say the exact thing I'm thinking? I want horror, but some action. And that's what I saw about 5 also. It was so bright and fast-paced most of the time, you forget it's a Resident Evil game. You barely forget that in 4 (in my opinion).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why do you always say the exact thing I'm thinking? I want horror, but some action. And that's what I saw about 5 also. It was so bright and fast-paced most of the time, you forget it's a Resident Evil game. You barely forget that in 4 (in my opinion).
I agree...I think 4 you could always tell was RE...As far as story goes, I think you NEVER forgot RE5 was an RE game...I think RE5 had a GREAT story that really kept the RE vibe going...RE5's atmosphere is what made you forget it was RE...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I agree...I think 4 you could always tell was RE...As far as story goes, I think you NEVER forgot RE5 was an RE game...I think RE5 had a GREAT story that really kept the RE vibe going...RE5's atmosphere is what made you forget it was RE...
The dogs where... e_e Compared to Resident Evil 4's scary dogs.

Jakeykins18

Useless
I love way ORC is with the whole collecting data unlocks concept art and upgrades and abilities but I just can't for the life of me stand the engine. That's the only thing.

Top Bottom