• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Plot holes and other nonsense (spoilers)

PinkHerb

Healing Item
a podcast? i'm curious what podcast you listened too.

1) if Chris was really on board with this, then that is very insidious on his part. This would makes him a bigger butthole, using an innocent and traumatic family as bait, putting them in serious danger, especially that they have a child. Does this also means that Chris let Mia being kidnapped and replaced? That's messed up when you think about it.

2) Hm, that is an interesting speculation. IMO I think it has to do with not needing her 'family' anymore now that she has Rose. The four lords are considered failures anyway, and I believe if she wanted it, Miranda could've killed them with a flick of a wrist if Karl's words are to be believed. That's why he had a hidden army, asking Ethan for help, and wanting to use Rosemary as a weapon. Maybe having Rose into bodyparts were part of the ritual process, it just comes with the added bonus of getting rid of the other lords without dirtying her hands so she can prepare for the ritual.

3) That makes sense, The Baker family were infected with mold and it took weeks for them to change. I have nothing to really say about Cadou...

Last edited:

RipvanX

RE8’s story feels the most gutted out of all the mainline entries, which is a shame because some of the ideas are intriguing. So much could have been added, even if just files to help fill in the gaps. You could tell Miranda’s lab was added in as an afterthought. RE4 and RE7 also suffered from this for the sake of creating a newer experience for people playing an RE game for the first time. This is still one of my least favorite entries but I don’t really hate it as much after having discussions with lore buffs and the like. They tried to combine a fantasy setting with science fiction, which was a bold move but felt flat in the end for me.

Besides viruses, mold/fungus, and parasites, I don’t know where Capcom can go from here. Hopefully we don’t get a superhero RE game starring Rose where she is jumping from rooftops and throwing cars at BSAA bio-weapons. *cough* Prototype.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Which podcast?

It was the very cleverly named... The Resident Evil Podcast.

They have a 2 hour lore discussion about the game from experts beyond my knowledge. ALTHOUGH... sometimes they do a quiz show at the end of cast and I am usually pretty good at that. Unless they include specific dates.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I think the next big thing is alien space liquid, they haven't tried that yet lol oh, maybe mutant plant spores!

but back on track, and I have thought about Miranda's plan and something popped up my brain. It was said that her child died of Spanish Influenza and her body buried, this happened before Miranda discovered the mold. She even said that it catalogs the people it comes into contact with...but Eva never came into contact with the Mold as far as we are aware. Unless Eva was cremated or Miranda didn't use her deceased body, it would be impossible for mold to replicate her using a vessel. Did Miranda not thought about that? Was she just too evil and crazy to realize that she has wasted all these years for nothing? How was this going to work without Eva's data?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have thought about that too. That is one explanation for why the alteration of Rose did not work (or did it?). But I guess the possible explanations are:

1. The megamycete was growing for hundreds of years beneath that Village and could potentially have come lightly in to contact with most of the residents without them knowing. Would mold spore breathing lead to full lycan transformation? I am not sure.

2. She exposed the dead Eva to the Megamycete. Tissue and DNA are still relevant after death, so she very well could have exposed Eva to the Megamycete after her death.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Huh, that could be a possibility. I assumed that she couldn't do it because Eva was either cremated, the mold needed fresh bodies to catalog, or couldn't have access to her daughter's body. It could be whom Evelyn was based on since there might mean there is something of Eve in it, or maybe its coincidence.
I am unsure about the monsters transformations. I thought the only way to become a lycan was a cadou parasite...except for papa Leo apparently, but its a plot hole, I believe. But would the people eventually become melty mold monsters over time?

Hardware

RE8’s story feels the most gutted out of all the mainline entries, which is a shame because some of the ideas are intriguing. So much could have been added, even if just files to help fill in the gaps. You could tell Miranda’s lab was added in as an afterthought. RE4 and RE7 also suffered from this for the sake of creating a newer experience for people playing an RE game for the first time.
I agree 100%. Miranda's lab really felt rushed (just like the whole Chris section - it felt more like a DLC than anything else). The design was clearly lifted from "Alien: Covenant", BTW. I've been angry about the we-need-to-make-a-RE-game-for-people-who-don't-like-RE policy for 20 years myself.

RipvanX

Capcom likes to boast that they have returned to their roots for RE, but we have yet to see a brand new fixed camera game in over 15 years. Indie titles like Song of Horror have proven that there is still an audience for this type of game. Even if it’s for side games, they should do fixed camera again and see what they can do with it. RE8 is not a survival horror game, it belongs in the same family as RE4-6. The huge inventory and over abundance of resources is proof of that.

As much as I like 3rd person, and it worked great for REmake 2, it has become more stale to me than fixed camera at this point. I also feel the first person perspective is going to fade out much faster than either of the prior styles. The market is over saturated with all these first person horror and P.T. clones and it’s getting tiresome.

Last edited:

SpaceOwlHoot

Capcom likes to boast that they have returned to their roots for RE, but we have yet to see a brand new fixed camera game in over 15 years. Indie titles like Song of Horror have proven that there is still an audience for this type of game. Even if it’s for side games, they should do fixed camera again and see what they can do with it. RE8 is not a survival horror game, it belongs in the same family as RE4-6. The huge inventory and over abundance of resources is proof of that.

As much as I like 3rd person, and it worked great for REmake 2, it has become more stale to me than fixed camera at this point. I also feel the first person perspective is going to fade out much faster than either of the prior styles. The market is over saturated with all these first person horror and P.T. clones and it’s getting tiresome.
I would love for RE to return back to fixed camera angles but I've accepted the fact that fixed-camera is dead right now and it will be awhile before Capcom switches back to that.

I'm glad you brought up Song of Horror because I'm actually interested in what new fixed-camera angle games are out there (so I can get my fix). A quick look at Song of Horror shows it has positive reviews but it's far from a mainstream success. The only time I ever hear this game being brought up is only when someone is talking about horror titles so there might be a niche audience, but Capcom wants a bigger audience.

Hardware

Dunno about fixed cameras - they were great back in the day but kind of limiting when it came to aiming. RE0 is the sad game that made me wish for the formula to get upgraded...and that upgrade arrived 20 years later with RE2make's approach to OTS. Personally, I like that perspective a lot. I don't like 1st person very much as it prevents me from feeling empathy for the character I'm playing as and I am tired of seeing it in general.

Top Bottom