• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE-Degeneration Flaws.

3d-agent

Hi.
I've just watched the 1st 11-mins of upcoming CGI movie RE-Degeneration and I've noticed(hope u did too) that the animation is not very good and lip-sync is very awkward..apart from Clair, other characters suffers from lack of precision, however they all suffer from same substandard lip-sync, its very likely watching the video game cinematics but sorry to say that even video game cinematics are much better like RE-4 and RE-5 especially in the lip-sync department).
Actually i am very disappointed :eek:, as its the 1st CGI movie of RE series so i was expecting much better quality CGI movie but unfortunately its not that good, now the only reason for me to watch the movie is that i am very big fan of RE series and the story which is hopefully going to be very good.

So what you think..??

HUNK

I'm kind of disappointed in the quality as well, but something tells me that Degeneration doesn't have as much of a budget as Advent Children, RE5, or other game/CG movies out there, so it's kind of expected that the quality of the graphics isn't as good.

As far as lip-synching, I heard that they actually are doing a Japanese dub, which is a first for Resident Evil, and chances are they can only do so much to make the lips match up with English dialogue.

I'm willing to put those problems aside if the story is good enough. So here's to hope!

3d-agent

[quote author=HUNK link=topic=636.msg15707#msg15707 date=1226798511]
I'm willing to put those problems aside if the story is good enough. So here's to hope!
[/quote]

Yes i agreed budget is the fact. I have high hopes for story too.

Asdamine

You have to bare in mind when the RE games started using pre-rendered CGI for the in-game cutscenes, fans were very impressed by the cinematics they'd been bragging for CG movies to be made.

Now that Degeneration is out, using pretty much the same quality of CGI as we see in the games, and people are complaining they look crap?!

IMO I think it's great that they chose "lesser quality" CGI - the film looks exactly like it's from the games and the premise is true to canon, one couldn't have asked for more.

3d-agent

I really don't agree with u... ::)

Game cut scenes and a full length CG movie is not the same..believe me when i say that..even if they are pre-rendered CGI, they both are different in status. When u made a movie on video game not only fans will watch but also the person who don't play video game. Therefore u just cant made the movie in same CGI as game cutscenes.

Now a days CG movies has very special place in movie industry, they aren't just rendered polygons with textures and lights. They are characters as live as any character in movie weather or not its CGI.
And there comes quality in account, the better quality the more live and strong characters may look.

For example look at Clair...she looks alive and real in her appearance and character which shows some quality work done on her..but other characters look substandard and some bad quality lip sync on her kills her personality.

My complain is simple that they are not better than even video game cut scenes.

Hope u understand my point. :)

3d-agent

Yes story is very important to me too, that's y, i am still gonna watch it.

spoken like a true RE fan.....lol ;)

Hoady

It should be fine i still watch cutscenes from N64 and i'm satisfied people expect to much.By the way is this going straight to dvd or is this 'cinema material'.

G-Virus

I thought the movie was alright. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

The re dubbing on the voice is tolerable for me since the characters were originally speaking in Japanese and I'm kinda used to that.

I also thought Angela was a great addition to the RE storyline. But I was upset that it felt like Claire wasn't playing much of a big part in the movie. It was like Leon and Angela were the big stars.

sol-labco

Having just watch RE: Degen...

I agree with most points that the lip sunc is not the greatest and that the quality of the CGI is somewhat wanting, but I too am very much in it for the story. (True RE Fan hehe).

My main conern now is that the hearts of the writters don't seem to be in it any more, which is sad as Capcom should really realise just how massive the RE Fan base is and do everything they can to get it right.

Having just finished watching RE: Degen my main gripe is this (although possibly trivial in the grand scheme of things):

You see Angela's Brother having taken what can only be assumed is the G-Vrius, then within literally seconds changes to at least the second Mutation of G (Res 2 Ref) with massive over enphasis on the arm. But this only happened in 2 because that's where Berkin was shot. His arm rapidly changed because G was trying to save him. He only continued to mutat because 'we' (as the player) kept smacking the sh*t out of him so G kept mutating to save him. A healthy person having taken G would have more likely have gone the same way as Wesker...as this is actually what he tells us in his report.

Could be me just being way too picky....thoughts?

SOL.

REGirlfan

im a true RE fan i loved the fact that they made the movie but i just thought it would be more zombie action.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
[quote author=alecrayrocks link=topic=636.msg19745#msg19745 date=1231974487]
i for one actually liked the movie! anyone else watch the voice bloopers?
[/quote]

'Of course I'm coming to your wedding, Leon!'
'Bastard!'*Hits button 3 times and causes nuke 3 times*

ROFLLMAO!

ResiDude

[quote author=G-Virus link=topic=636.msg19413#msg19413 date=1230840856]
I thought the movie was alright. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

The re dubbing on the voice is tolerable for me since the characters were originally speaking in Japanese and I'm kinda used to that.

I also thought Angela was a great addition to the RE storyline. But I was upset that it felt like Claire wasn't playing much of a big part in the movie. It was like Leon and Angela were the big stars.
[/quote]

My words exactly!! I'm not too bothered about the slightly inaccurate lip-syncing although this would have improved the film a bit.

I was disappointed that Claire and Leon weren't together more as it was meant to be about them meeting up after the Raccoon City incident and having to go through a new dangerous situation..
Towards the end it was just Leon and Angela fighting the mutated Curtis Miller as Claire hobbled around and watched the climax on a tv screen! It should have been Claire there with him, whether it was Angela's brother or not! Still loved the film though haha. :p

cayal

[quote author=alecrayrocks link=topic=636.msg19745#msg19745 date=1231974487]
i for one actually liked the movie! anyone else watch the voice bloopers?
[/quote]

I liked it as well. I bought the Blu-ray version today.

Top Bottom